RCA 52" widescreen projection HDTV for $474 discussion thread

angela8282

I was just at one of the local wal-marts, and the 52" TV's were lined up in the electronics dept. The clerk said they only had 10 available. She said they were going for $454. And only on Friday. Not bad for a tv with a built in HD Tuner.

WE have this tv have had it almost two years and it is a great tv. However my husband if feeling a little sick over the fact we spent a good deal more than $474 for it actually right after we bought ours they dropepd the price down to $997. So it is not JUNK!

...and is this for ALL stores nationwide?

Supplies limited. *One per customer. No Rain Checks.

Prices not valid in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Utah, Wisconsin, Canada and Puerto Rico.Some of these offers not valid online.

Computer Tower with Keyword and Mouse: Brand/model may vary by store. Minimum 5 per store.

XBOX 360 Premium System: Minimum 6 per store.

RCA® 52" Widescreen Projection HDTV: Minimum 3 per store.

Because in Wisconsin it is illegal to sell items in below cost, the prices for almost all blitz items are higher. The RCA TV is $699.97 on Friday in Wisconsin. I don't know about the other states where prices aren't valid - but it's probably the same.

One question, when it says "RCA® 52" Widescreen Projection HDTV: Minimum 3 per store." wouldn't that mean that they would have ATLEAST 3 & maybe more, or does it mean they will ONLY have 3?

Also I have read quite a few reviews on this tv on multiple sites. It seems that everyone who is happy with it has had it atleast 2 years. Everyone who is having problems with it has bought it more recently. Maybe something changed in production??

I think we are probably going to pass on it. Shame too, our big screen just went out a few weeks ago and this would have been great since it's about all we can afford with christmas here.

My Husband and I just bought a 51 inch from Best Buy for $699. We were just kicking ourselves for not getting this one and were thinking about canceling the BB order and getting this one.

I am thinking that we will stick with the other one as their are a lot of various opinions.

Well would buying this TV with the 3 year warranty of $45, which states it covers tubes, totaling $519 make sense then? Cant see if the warranty requires you to bring the 160lb TV to Walmart or repairs are covered to occur onsite.

Seems the picture quality is good and can handle 1080 along with the proper inputs/outputs. The main concerns I see are blown bulbs occuring early.

Anyone's thoughts?

Well there was definitely some upset people at my Walmart this morning.

The employees had no idea where the 52" tv would be. They finally told us to go to dairy and there's a table there, they would give out tickets. I get in line at 3:30am and I'm #8 in line. There are 2 people there who have been there since 8 pm.

At 4:45am the guy comes over to the table with a stack of tickets. He informs us that he only has the tickets for the 20" lcd and the 20" tv for $69. He says the other tvs will be in electronics. I asked him how many of the 52" he had.. he said 8. $%&%^%$##@$!@@@@ :chairshot

Well everyone else hauled ass to electronics and I ended up being #1 in line for the 20" tvs. But I didn't want either of the tvs offered so I left.

I wasn't after the tv for myself. We planned on picking it up for my brother but he didn't know we were doing it. So technically I'm not out of anything, it just bugs me that I could have been scoping the rest of the store instead of standing in line for nothing.

I just hope the guys who had been there since 8pm got their tvs.

Well would buying this TV with the 3 year warranty of $45, which states it covers tubes, totaling $519 make sense then? Cant see if the warranty requires you to bring the 160lb TV to Walmart or repairs are covered to occur onsite.

Seems the picture quality is good and can handle 1080 along with the proper inputs/outputs. The main concerns I see are blown bulbs occuring early.

Anyone's thoughts?

The warranty doesn't do you a lot of good, when RCA doesn't have the parts to send to the repair shops.

and NO repairs are not covered in your home, they will have to taken in to the repair shop.

There were 3 at our local store. 2 went to employee's that were in line since 8:00pm the night before. Seems like they knew were to go while everyone else wandered around trying to figure out what to do. Congradulations to whoever got this deal! I wasn't one of them..:mad:

Please... please tell me where you found this Model number. I purchased this tv 12 days ago for almost $900.00 and I went to Walmart at 5:00 am this morning with my receipt to ask for a credit for the difference in today's sale price. According to the manager, todays sale tv is a different model number. The one's they had for sale were already gone so I couldn't see for myself. Did you see this model number advertised?? Please help! Thanks.