Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Dell Inspiron 1501 (AMD Turion 64/1GB/80GB/DVD-RW/WiFi) $585

114 replies to this topic

#91 woobie  OFFLINE  

woobie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 11, 2006 - 5:57 am

What am I doing wrong? I configured the 1501 exactly as stated in the original post (incl upgraded processor & vista). I put it in my cart & tried to apply the 09249-DNPHHF1 coupon code. I'm still getting a cost of $839 before tax (free shipping). Ugh!! How did you get $640 Nimble27 (& others)?

#92 mamapenguin  OFFLINE  

mamapenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 11, 2006 - 2:41 pm

It's not the dell, but I got the $599 Toshiba M115-S3094 at Best Buy last night & I couldn't be happier. Intel Core Duo Processor T2050 Intel PRO/wireless802.11a/b/g Reads and writes DVDs and CDs 512MB DDR memory 80G hard drive Windows XP Media Center Edition (free Vista Upgrade) I will be upgrading the ram, although right now it's very fast so I'm not in hurry.:yup: This deal says sold out online & in stores on the BB site. But, it's not call your local Best Buy if you want one. It's the same one Circuit City has, but no rebates.

#93 woobie  OFFLINE  

woobie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 13, 2006 - 5:25 am

Since it's now 2 days after my post, should I assume there's NO chance of getting this? I wasn't able to on the 11th so... Woobie

#94 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 13, 2006 - 5:29 am

Since it's now 2 days after my post, should I assume there's NO chance of getting this? I wasn't able to on the 11th so...

Woobie

Correct you're about 3 weeks late. Look at the date of the OP (original post) it was 11/22. These deals usually last 1-2 days.

However there is a new deal on a faster Intel Core Duo laptop for $643 + tax if you can afford that.

#95 delllaptop  OFFLINE  

delllaptop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 13, 2006 - 7:45 am

I am supposed to have the system that I originally ordered it took a little time and several phone calls but I think I got some results, the ship date is 12/19 with free next day business delivery. I also emailed customer support and asked if I could get a free printer for all the trouble and they got that approved and said I would receive it in 5-7 days. As long as I get the computer this time I will be happy.

#96 woobie  OFFLINE  

woobie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 13, 2006 - 9:31 am

However there is a new deal on a faster Intel Core Duo laptop for $643 + tax if you can afford that.

The newer deal is the one I'm referring to (sorry for the ambiguity). I can't get THAT one to work, either (tried the coupon code posted a few above, etc). I want the deal Nimble27 got for $640 shipped (if I'm reading everything correctly). Thanks for any help!!

Woobie

#97 Nimble27  OFFLINE  

Nimble27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 13, 2006 - 4:09 pm

Hey woobie, the code 09249-DNPHHF1 still works for me for $599 shipped, then add the upgraded AMD dual core for $44 and you're still under $650. Not sure if that's the code you tried. P.S. Are you the same Woobie from bf.com? :)

#98 woobie  OFFLINE  

woobie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 13, 2006 - 5:14 pm

Yup... same Woobie. I just tried to apply the code again, and STILL can't get it to take. I get a message that says "Note: Coupon savings are only applied to items you have added to your cart." If you have a link, that would be great. Otherwise, I'm giving up. Thanks for all your help. Woobie

#99 mamapenguin  OFFLINE  

mamapenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 13, 2006 - 5:37 pm

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1157067806799

Here's my $599 Toshiba M115 S3094 with Intel Core duo processer. You'd have to ad Ram to get to 1G, but I honestly don't have any speed issues. Battery is a little over 3 hours surfing the net.

Kristy

#100 Nimble27  OFFLINE  

Nimble27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 13, 2006 - 6:41 pm

Yup... same Woobie. I just tried to apply the code again, and STILL can't get it to take. I get a message that says "Note: Coupon savings are only applied to items you have added to your cart." If you have a link, that would be great. Otherwise, I'm giving up. Thanks for all your help.

Woobie

I think I figured it out. The problem is that coupon code was probably a weekly thing, and most likely ended on Sat. The only reason it works for me is because Dell probably recognized my ISP number and allows me to use that code for a longer term since I just bought one. The guy that gave me that coupon code might be a insider to deals. It was his first post here. Try contacing him and see if he has another coupon.

EDIT: His name is "ljnguy" from page 3 in this thread.

BTW, I remember you from your amazing camera skills. I have some of your pics saved. :)

#101 Nimble27  OFFLINE  

Nimble27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 13, 2006 - 6:44 pm

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1157067806799

Here's my $599 Toshiba M115 S3094 with Intel Core duo processer. You'd have to ad Ram to get to 1G, but I honestly don't have any speed issues. Battery is a little over 3 hours surfing the net.

Kristy

If that thing had a gig of RAM and wasn't sold out, we'd be in business. :yup:

#102 mamapenguin  OFFLINE  

mamapenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 13, 2006 - 9:45 pm

If that thing had a gig of RAM and wasn't sold out, we'd be in business. :yup:

It wasn't sold out when I posted it. However it showed sold out on their site for online & in store on Sunday when I bought it. If someone really wants this go to your local Best Buy or call at least. In store I was told that when stock falls below a certain level it will show sold out online so people can't purchase online for in store purchase. Also it has been in stock online yesterday and today during the day time & sold out later in the evening. Ram can always be added.

Kristy

#103 Nimble27  OFFLINE  

Nimble27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 13, 2006 - 11:08 pm

Ram can always be added.

Kristy

Right, but so can a cd drive, and a better chip, and...and....with prices being so competitive on computers, it gets to be just like buying a new car. Buy what you want and be done with it. I would never tear apart my brand new laptop to put aftermarket parts in it. On top of that, Dell has a much better reputation than Toshiba. But hey, what do I know?

#104 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 13, 2006 - 11:29 pm

Right, but so can a cd drive, and a better chip, and...and....with prices being so competitive on computers, it gets to be just like buying a new car. Buy what you want and be done with it. I would never tear apart my brand new laptop to put aftermarket parts in it. On top of that, Dell has a much better reputation than Toshiba. But hey, what do I know?

I agree with Kristy. However other components such as motherboard or CPU isn't as cheap or easy to upgrade. Upgrading RAM yourself is a quick 5 minute job and it's cheaper to buy RAM elsewhere.

#105 woobie  OFFLINE  

woobie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 14, 2006 - 5:37 am

I
BTW, I remember you from your amazing camera skills. I have some of your pics saved. :)

Ummm. Maybe there is another woobie (insert shock here LOL). While I'd love to take credit for my camera skills, I've never posted pics. Sorry 'bout that.

I finally called Dell this morning. They're quoting me $643 w/free shipping before tax (which would bring it to $675) using the 09249-DNPHHF1 code. My order's on hold right now. Here's the configuration (the CD burner does not write like the advertised one). Do I hold out, or bite the bullet & order (it just kills me that 2 days ago, there was a better price & it's not like I missed out. I REALLY was trying - LOL)?

AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from XP Media Center Edition
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife™
1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
80GB Hard Drive
24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
ATI RADEON® Xpress1150 256MB HyperMemory™ (Integrated)
53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini Card (54Mbps)

THANKS!!

#106 mamapenguin  OFFLINE  

mamapenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 14, 2006 - 8:14 am

Nimble, Have you ever dealt with Dell CS? I have many times. I'm on my 3rd desktop PC with them. Their CS is super frusterating, and nearly impossible to understand. They have always taken care of me, but only after many hours on the phone & just as many supervisors. Their extended warranties aren't cheap either. I DID do some research with Toshiba's CS, so I bought the BB warranty. I just thought I'd pass along my deal, take it or leave it. Kristy

#107 Nimble27  OFFLINE  

Nimble27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 14, 2006 - 8:42 am

Ummm. Maybe there is another woobie (insert shock here LOL). While I'd love to take credit for my camera skills, I've never posted pics. Sorry 'bout that.

I finally called Dell this morning. They're quoting me $643 w/free shipping before tax (which would bring it to $675) using the 09249-DNPHHF1 code. My order's on hold right now. Here's the configuration (the CD burner does not write like the advertised one). Do I hold out, or bite the bullet & order (it just kills me that 2 days ago, there was a better price & it's not like I missed out. I REALLY was trying - LOL)?

AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from XP Media Center Edition
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife™
1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
80GB Hard Drive
24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
ATI RADEON® Xpress1150 256MB HyperMemory™ (Integrated)
53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini Card (54Mbps)

THANKS!!

Woops, not you then.

What 'better' price was there? That is the same laptop I'm getting. The other deal was like $580 with a single core. So we're talking like a $20 difference at most. Is that what you're talking about?

Either way, $642 shipped is a AMAZING price for a laptop with a truelfe display, a gig of RAM, a DVD player and a cd burner, a dual core processor, and a large graphics card. Some of these "deals" have a intel 950 card, which isn't very good.

I'd bite if I were you....well I already did. :D

#108 Nimble27  OFFLINE  

Nimble27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 14, 2006 - 8:43 am

I agree with Kristy. However other components such as motherboard or CPU isn't as cheap or easy to upgrade. Upgrading RAM yourself is a quick 5 minute job and it's cheaper to buy RAM elsewhere.

I thought I read you saying Toshiba was no good and that you'd only buy HP or Dell?

#109 Nimble27  OFFLINE  

Nimble27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 14, 2006 - 8:47 am

Nimble,
Have you ever dealt with Dell CS? I have many times. I'm on my 3rd desktop PC with them. Their CS is super frusterating, and nearly impossible to understand. They have always taken care of me, but only after many hours on the phone & just as many supervisors. Their extended warranties aren't cheap either. I DID do some research with Toshiba's CS, so I bought the BB warranty. I just thought I'd pass along my deal, take it or leave it.

Kristy

2 things.

I don't break computers, so I don't need customer support. The 1 time I've called Dell on my 2 past desktops, they've been great. If you're careful with your computer, and have virusscan, they last forever.

And 2, I'd leave that deal, it's nice of you to post that, but it simply is not a deal when compared to the Dell, sorry. The graphics card, display, processor, RAM, etc are ALL inferior to a product that's only 40 bucks more. I don't even have to go fight traffic to my local Best Buy to wait in line/wait for it to be in stock to buy it. I have had problems with Toshiba products, read bad reviews, and will not purchase one. You seem to feel the need to push that product at us, when no one is biting...for a reason.

#110 delllaptop  OFFLINE  

delllaptop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 14, 2006 - 9:12 am

09046-DNPSHF1 is another e value code for the 1501 if the other one does not work.

#111 mamapenguin  OFFLINE  

mamapenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 14, 2006 - 2:14 pm

2 things.

I don't break computers, so I don't need customer support. The 1 time I've called Dell on my 2 past desktops, they've been great. If you're careful with your computer, and have virusscan, they last forever.

And 2, I'd leave that deal, it's nice of you to post that, but it simply is not a deal when compared to the Dell, sorry. The graphics card, display, processor, RAM, etc are ALL inferior to a product that's only 40 bucks more. I don't even have to go fight traffic to my local Best Buy to wait in line/wait for it to be in stock to buy it. I have had problems with Toshiba products, read bad reviews, and will not purchase one. You seem to feel the need to push that product at us, when no one is biting...for a reason.

I don't break computers either. I have always used antivirus software. Sometimes parts just stop working. Even on a desktop that never moves. My last Dell was replaced 10 months after purchase by Dell due to USB issues. The system board was replaced twice, processor once, power supply once, printer replaced once maybe twice. The new system had the system board & processor replaced once. I got the same tech every time & they never figured it out. Tech support reads from a script & consistantly wants you to check the same DOS items & then wipe out your OS & start over after that. I hope that your Dell never has problems. All of my Dells have even my first, before these 2. I probably will not buy another. I always get the warranty & I have had to use it.
Kristy

PS Ever read planetfeedback? There are just as many dissatisfied Dell customers as there are for any other computer manufacturer.

#112 woobie  OFFLINE  

woobie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 14, 2006 - 3:01 pm

I bit the bullet & got this for $675. Now to just stop myself from finding a better price so I don't go insane - LOL. Thanks for everyone's help! Woobie

#113 Nimble27  OFFLINE  

Nimble27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 14, 2006 - 6:06 pm

I probably will not buy another.

I don't doubt you one bit.

#114 Nimble27  OFFLINE  

Nimble27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 14, 2006 - 6:07 pm

I bit the bullet & got this for $675. Now to just stop myself from finding a better price so I don't go insane - LOL. Thanks for everyone's help!

Woobie

Congrats on the purchase! Mine shipped yesterday, so I can't wait to get it.

#115 delllaptop  OFFLINE  

delllaptop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 14, 2006 - 9:51 pm

Mine shipped today and is scheduled to be here tomorrow. I got a phone call and it said somebody would have to sign for it and the free printer. I sure like the free upgrade to next day business delivery but with the trouble I have had with this order I think they did the right thing when they said they would ship it next day business.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users