*HOT!* Extra 7 Hour Specials NOT in newspaper ad including $249 laptop

Brad

Well, I seriously doubt people will start lining up here at 9pm. At our local Wal-Mart last Thursday, there were 3 tents out in front of the store with a couple people in 'em for the PS3 launch. There couldn't have been anymore than 5-10 people in the entire line. That was about 2pm on Thursday. At that time in other cities, according to the news, the lines were hundreds deep.

People around here just aren't the type to wait in line. I guess I have the same mentality. Cause if it looks like i'll have to wait a real long time, i'm likely to just spend the extra 180 or so dollars and get my plasma at Circuit City.

I remember my brother going to Walmart early on Black Friday 3 or 4 years ago to get those DVD players which, at the time, were cheap for 50 bucks. I think he only went like less than an hour before Walmart opened and he still got 3 of them. I don't think much has changed around here in the past few years. People didn't line up the night before then and I don't think they will now.

Conversly, I don't think that Toshiba laptop is so great. The specs on it are not that good. It doesn't even have a DVD burner. And i'd want more than 512 MB of memory if I were to get a new laptop. Thats the amount I've had for the past 2 years and I can tell you, it's not enough.

Oh Geez. I am just not an overnight camper type so I guess I will miss out on this. I can see standing in line 3 hours early but people will probably start lining up at BB at 8 pm for all the stuff they are offering. LOL Oh well I wish them all luck. My husband is coming home today but he has pnemonia, so I am pretty sure he wont be camping out for me this year. LOL It'll all be fine.

I am so depressed.

I want that Toshiba laptop for dh, but to get there at midnight or even 2 am? I may miss it, too, and pay more later in the year...:no:

All I can say is ... WOW! I think I am finally going to pull the trigger on the Panasonic 42" plasma for $999.

Is anyone going to try to pricematch this puppy at circuit city or sears? I would prefer not to wait in line at BB, but not sure if I want to risk it. Maybe the thing to do is to buy tonight at Sears and then bring in the advert on Friday for the pricematch.

Great deal for the laptop, but I wouldn't buy anything now without Vista pre-installed.

I seen CC has a "secret" ad outnowas well

Well, I seriously doubt people will start lining up here at 9pm. At our local Wal-Mart last Thursday, there were 3 tents out in front of the store with a couple people in 'em for the PS3 launch. There couldn't have been anymore than 5-10 people in the entire line. That was about 2pm on Thursday. At that time in other cities, according to the news, the lines were hundreds deep.

People around here just aren't the type to wait in line. I guess I have the same mentality. Cause if it looks like i'll have to wait a real long time, i'm likely to just spend the extra 180 or so dollars and get my plasma at Circuit City.

I remember my brother going to Walmart early on Black Friday 3 or 4 years ago to get those DVD players which, at the time, were cheap for 50 bucks. I think he only went like less than an hour before Walmart opened and he still got 3 of them. I don't think much has changed around here in the past few years. People didn't line up the night before then and I don't think they will now.

Conversly, I don't think that Toshiba laptop is so great. The specs on it are not that good. It doesn't even have a DVD burner. And i'd want more than 512 MB of memory if I were to get a new laptop. Thats the amount I've had for the past 2 years and I can tell you, it's not enough.

I agree with you on this. I live in Baltimore county and even when the PS3 came out, at Walmart there were only 7 people in line for it Thursday night and Target only had 13 people in line for it. Now the closer to the city you get of course the more hectic it gets. Last year I was out at 5am and I got to Walmart and they still had some doorbuster items left. No way I standing in line for more than 3 hours

Thanks for posting this! If anyone scrolls down there is the fine print.

Fine Print:

yes, that's what they did last year. but if you show up at 4AM, there will be hundreds of people ahead of you. Some were there at 2AM last year. Needless to say, I didn't get a laptop last year.

It's the craziest thing I've ever seen , but I wouldn't miss it...:cheesy:

carolegrady

The nice thing too is that there is 18 months no interest on all home theatre $299 and up in the official ad!! This means as long as you meet that requirement, everything else you buy gets put on the same promotion!

Will this work? I thought the 18 months would only be for items in the advertised categories, and everything else would be 3 months.

Now the phrase "limited to 1 ticket per customer per each item" has confused me somewhat. So theoretically, say you're the first in line. Does it say that you get one ticket and one ticket only per item, meaning that you can get a ticket for a laptop, but not for anything else? Or does it mean, that you can get a ticket for a laptop AND a ticket for a TV? Last year I staked out the 360...but that's all i wanted to get and didn't experiment with this concept of getting two "limited" items at the same time. Thanks in advance for any input!

Now the phrase "limited to 1 ticket per customer per each item" has confused me somewhat. So theoretically, say you're the first in line. Does it say that you get one ticket and one ticket only per item, meaning that you can get a ticket for a laptop, but not for anything else? Or does it mean, that you can get a ticket for a laptop AND a ticket for a TV? Last year I staked out the 360...but that's all i wanted to get and didn't experiment with this concept of getting two "limited" items at the same time. Thanks in advance for any input!

Welcome to the community! To my understanding you can get a ticket for each item they are offering. Here is the fine print from the BB site on the subject.

DETAILS Quantities on all items on this page are limited. No rainchecks or substitutions. Not available at BestBuy.com® or by phone. Best Buy's price match policy does not apply to items on this page and is not valid on prior purchases.

Prior to opening, a line of customers will form outside the store. Starting at 4 A.M. with the front of the line, employees will hand out tickets to customers for these limited quantity items. The tickets, limited to 1 ticket per customer per each item, grant the customer the ability to buy the limited-quantity item between 5 A.M. and noon on Friday. Excludes CDs, DVDs and video games. We are unable to guarantee that all customers in line will receive a ticket.

*Offer not valid in combination with the HD Complete Advantage offer. Cannot be combined with other offers, including Gift Card offers.

wow!! so with the specs, which one is a better computer?

I was going for the BB Notebook for $279 HP or this new notebook I see advertised the Toshiba Satellite Notebook with Intel Celeron M Processor 420

Because I need advise from people who know computers :)

Thanks! :D

wow!! so with the specs, which one is a better computer?

I was going for the BB Notebook for $279 HP or this new notebook I see advertised the Toshiba Satellite Notebook with Intel Celeron M Processor 420

Because I need advise from people who know computers :)

Thanks! :D

If you want a good computer with alot of features I would go with the HP.

Good luck!

If you want a good computer with alot of features I would go with the HP.

Good luck!

Thank You!!!

Yes I was going for teh HP, but wanted to make sure with the Toshiba having such a good price it wasn;t a better deal!

But I would rather have more in teh computer and pay extra $$

Im wishing myself good luck hehe I think this will be a tight squeeze to get this laptop at BB :)

:woot2:

Guest CS.Dean
I was just in a BB here in North Georgia and when I went into the computer section there was quite a few laptops being stored in their storage bins. I think they may have as many as 25 of the Toshiba's in stock here. I was also told that they have had direct contact from district managers on how to handle doobusters this year. A person can only have 1 ticket for a doorbuster. One person have not have tickets for different doorbusters. Never seen that here before.