Panasonic 1000W Home Theater

ZeeMek

The DVD player is a reciever as well. You will only get HD sound from the DVD's and not external inputs like the TV. The HDMI just carries a optical line for digital sound and video for picture. It doesn't need to be inputted in to a DVD player, an optical input would be all you need to get HD sound from your TV. I don't believe this system has an optical input, therefore you will only get stereo sound from your TV and HD sound from DVD's.

The DVD player is a reciever as well. You will only get HD sound from the DVD's and not external inputs like the TV. The HDMI just carries a optical line for digital sound and video for picture. It doesn't need to be inputted in to a DVD player, an optical input would be all you need to get HD sound from your TV. I don't believe this system has an optical input, therefore you will only get stereo sound from your TV and HD sound from DVD's.

Checked over the manual again and the HDMI is required if you want to do 720p/1080i upconverting and it does not have an optical input.