Question on the Hitachi 51" that is on sale now for 999.00....

jcarr492

is this the same one that is gonna be on sale this friday? also, in the BF BB ads...is that Hitachi just a 2 day sale item, or is it gonna be a hot ticket item?? We went in tonite as we needed groceries anyhow and there one ONE Hitachi on the floor..but this is the specs on it...they wouldn't say if its the same that will be for 699.00 on friday though. I was wondering..IF its the same one...can we buy it now for 999.00 and then get a price adjustment on it for the 699.00 on friday? They said they will not price adjust if something goes on sale on BF during the 5-11 hours. So..does that mean, if its not a door buster, but just a 2 day sale item for 300.00 off...we should be able to get our 300.00 difference on it???? We liked the way it showed in the store...and they said they have none in the store, but can order one for us and have it by tuesday. so is this the same, or will there be a different one? thanks for any help!!!

Hitachi 51" Widescreen HDTV

Model: 51F59

1080i display

1 HDMI input

2 HD Component inputs

3 S-Video inputs

5 A/V inputs

Split screen/PIP

then there was a number below the barcode..don't know if this is the SKU # or not:

0 505851 2860601-099999

i have no idea what the specs are on the one in the BF ad...anyone know for me?? Pretty please???? Thanks! What would you do? Anything is better than what we have now..we have a 61" RCA (no hdtv on it) and it has that "screen door" look to regular satellite channels..but when we watch a dvd..its nice and clean. Rear projection...its about 4yrs old..but ready to sell it and get something a little better than what we have..just don't want to have to cut off an arm and a leg to buy something.

fwiw, same model number as what's in the ad. Ad says no rainchecks - price adjustment would be at your risk - I wouldn't count on it. IMHO, a super deal at BF price - otherwise, I'd check the Hitachi parts outlet/outlet store online - if they have any left, they were selling last year's model, with more features, for around a grand, delivered, no sales tax.

okay, how about on the website. i can order this tv on their website for 999.00 and also get an under the cabinet dvd player for free(299.00 value) added to it. And free shipping..which at the store, they told us if we bought it at the store, they could have it shipped to the store for free..but if we needed it deliverd, it would cost 59.00+ depending our location(that was delivery for their town, we are 40 miles away so probably higher). So I dont know.

does this mean since they have none in the store..we had them check incase we wanted to buy it tonite...but said they didn't and we had to order it, will we have to order it also on BF? I wouldn't mind having the free under cabinet dvd player! and free shipping to our home to boot! But then i can't help thinking...ugh...if we wait till friday, we can possibly get 300.00 more off of it or try to get it PM'd at Sears.

I wonder if this tv will still be on their website by friday with the same special offers? is there anyone that works for BB on here???? lol

I was thinking of buying this Hitachi as well. The good thing is that it is not limited to store stock, but warehouse stock as well. Although I find it strange that this model actually has LESS features than last years model.

Marshalljay - any idea what the main differences are off the top of your head?

We're also looking at this Hitachi. All of the reviews I've read are great on this particular model. Sure, there are some disadvantages when you compare it to the lcd's and plasma's. being that it is CRT, the technology is being replaced by the newer. But, this is a great deal on a good tv if you don't mind a few trade offs. It is the same model that will be on sale bf. We will wait until friday to grab it for $699 :yup:

so..theres still the question that needs an answer before I lose all my hair or before it turns more gray!!! LOLOL Is this item a door buster that will require a ticket or is it a 2 day sale item?? In the ad scans...it looks like its listed with the 2 day sale items....not the door busters. SoOOOOO will be be able to get a price adjustment on it if its just a 2 day sale item if we were to go buy it tomorrow and have it ordered to the store?? if not...I guess we need to decide which is a better deal...paying the 999.00 and having it delivered to the store and pick it up and chance not getting a price adjustment this weekend...OR buy it on BB's website for 999.00 AND get a free Philips under cabinet dvd player worth 299.00 AND free delivery to our home instead of just to the store. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

This has to be a "What would Jesus do" moment. Only its a "what would BF shopper" do???? Anyone, suggestions??? help me retain my sanity AND whats left of the brown in my hair. LOL Dh will be asking me tomorrow what do we need to do.

yes, its on the last page of the ad scans and seems it IS just a 2 day sale item and not a doorbuster..which is a good thing and bad thing. Bad--no ticket for it and where the heck is it gonna be located at to buy it? in the same place its at now in the store...do you grab the price ticket off of it or how to do go about buying it first thing that morning??? good..cause its not a door buster...LOL The only thing I see printed on the ad scan is it says no rain checks, quantities limited, and no substitutions. I dont' see anything about no price adjustments or anything. Anyone? Whats your past experience with BB price adjustments for just a 2 day sale item on BF weekend, since its not a door buster..are they still gonna give us a hard time with no adjustment?

I am curious, what is the link for the Hitachi $999 deal with the underneath cabinet with a Phillips DVD player? I cannot find any Hitachi online store. The most important feature to me is the ability to play full screen DVD's on this TV. My mom has a 57" Hitachi and full screen DVD's look fine on this widescreen TV without stretching the screen to look distorted.

it was at bestbuy.com...BUT I just checked this morning and Poof....they pulled the offer! Well, the free dvd under cabinet still holds..but now the hitachi is no longer available to order online and have shipped!!! Now its saying in store only! WTF???? Last night at midnite it was showing you could order it online and get the special with it and free ship! Now its saying in store only??? UGH...did I say how much a HATE BB??? But for some stupid reason...I get sucked in to their deals....ugh ugh ugh. guess we have the choice to either get it at BB now on friday if we're first in line or HOPE for a price match at sears on it.

The good thing is that it is not limited to store stock, but warehouse stock as well.

We're hoping to get the 56" Toshiba. The scan shows that it is also "Limited to available warehouse quantities on hand." What does this mean exactly? Sounds like I may have a better chance of getting the item than I originally thought (as my store currently only has 2 onhand.)

Well, in the case of the Hitachi 51' TV, they are so big and cumbersome most stores only have 1 in stock. They have many more at the warehouse which supplies every store in the area, and in some cases all in a certain region. If you have to order it from the warehouse, the warehouse will ship it to the store then will deliver it at said day and time from there.

I just bought one 4 days ago. I bought it at Sears so I could get the price match and an additional 10% off the difference. I'm running a crappy 4 year old satellite receiver with no HD and running through S-video. I looks good but you can't get the true potential out of a TV like this unless your running the latest boxes and either through component or HDMI. Regardless of features missing this model was just released in April of this year. So everything is up to date on it as far as optics and firmware. Look at this TV at Best Buy in store. The picture is just as good as the $2,000 Sony WEGA and Bravia's. DLP has a little better picture but you just doubled the price. I can't wait to get my HD installed.....

We viewed this in best buy a few days back and were initially disappointed, only because it was surrounded by all the plasmas and lcd's. It was sort of "tucked away" and the picture just didn't compare to all of the glitzy sets surrouding it. Admittedly, our hopes were a little dashed when we first saw it. But I've read nothing but good reviews, and have since seen blog postings where others have had the same experience, only to get it home and the picture looks great when out of the store. Granted it isn't as "bright" as the lcd's and plasmas because it is a CRT set, we're set on purchasing this as it is such a great value. And, we didn't like the issue of having to replace burnt out expensive lamps on a dlp set.