DEAD! Dell Inspiron B130 Laptop w/ 15.4" LCD, 1GB, DVD Burner, WiFi - $499 Shipped

Brad

Thanks. I have to admit its been a hassle though with their customer service in trying to cancel and get those funds transferred to my new order. Several hours later finally I think its been done. Now all I have to do is wait to enjoy this amazing goodness.

Happy T Day all.

Ok, now I'm quite confused. I love both laptops and think both will suit my needs very well, however, when I tried calling their customer service about a coupon code that I have for an additional 12 percent off, I was on hold for 30 minutes while they "consulted" a supervisor. Oh well, now I'm really re-thinking deal. If the CSR's can't understand my English, how on earth are they going to understand it when I have a real problem and need tech support. It's a quandry. lol

I agree, it was quite the hassle for me as well today. I know through the company I work I get discounts. Im going to find the code and then call back and see that the price gets adjusted to an ever sweeter price. Sorry it was such a time for you. Did they get you fixed up?

Thanks, no, I still haven't purchased the computer just yet. While I'm partial to Gateway/Dell, and do need a computer soon (read: my Gateway is over 5 years old and is slowing down a bit, though a very good computer "experience), I am not so sure about Dell since the customer service seems a bit tough and go and Gateway's clever commercial announced "100% North-American based tech support". lol If I don't find a better deal tomorrow than I will buy this one I suppose.

Does anyone think that Dell will have any super-terrific laptop specials for Black Friday or is this the best deal for the season?

This deal is not dead, I just added it to my cart and it shows $499. I even logged in to my account and entered my credit card information. Still shows $499 with free ground shipping.

When will this end? When Dell decides to cancel it which might be this weekend, so I would order NOW!

Hi All

It looks like the $499 deal is gone as of 11/25/06 2100hrs(9pm). Just checked the DELL site to find it gone. It looks like the 'Inspiron 1501' is the current deal for DELL. I would like to see a cyber monday deal from DELL that is worth my time.

Happy Holidays

:holiday10

I just tried it and it seems to be back again. They seem to pull it away at times and then return it. A friend of mine saw this advertised in a paper and called in to order it and by the time she was off the phone with the CSR, they had her up to $849. And they also told her there was no free S&H and also no free printer. I personally like Dell. I have 2 Dell PC's, I got my father a laptop and just got my fiance a laptop as well. Unfortunately in under 6 months my motherboard on my new PC went. They did have someone at my house in 2 days to repair it though. Now, less than 2 weeks later, it is making loud humming noises again.

Sorry to have rambled off topic ;)

Almost 2AM and I guess I needed to vent...anywho, if this is still alive whenever the heck I wake up, I will have to get it for my friend.

You could get it but without a burner, smaller Ram, smaller HD for $499............. not a good enough deal......So the link works, but you get less features for $499. When I add the features plus shipping they charged me (?) it was $688 at checkout.

You are correct and thank you for pointing this out.

The price is still $499 but now you get 512MB RAM/combo CD/DVD instead of 1GB/DVD-RW.

The Inspiron 1501 is now a better deal as it has a faster CPU, 1GB RAM, DVD-RW, larger battery and free upgrade to Windows Vista ($10 shipping).

I just ordered the 1501 and the $585 option doesn't come with the Core 2 duo processor. That is an extra $100. Dell recommends the upgrade for running Vista. Is this true? When the upgrade arrives, will it have a hard time running on the AMD Turion?

I just ordered the 1501 and the $585 option doesn't come with the Core 2 duo processor. That is an extra $100. Dell recommends the upgrade for running Vista. Is this true? When the upgrade arrives, will it have a hard time running on the AMD Turion?

I doubt you'll see much of a difference, but it still may be worth the extra $100 if you want to be sure.