42" Pansonic Plasma

vorxty

Anyone trying for the 1299 Plasma?? Curious if this is a "great deal". Or ya think there will be better offers down the road..??

This is a great deal. I will definitely be picking one up. I have waited for the 60U to go down for a long time, I don;t think it'll go down that much more any time soon. It's a $2k panel, for $1299, you can't go wrong, not to mention this one of the best 42" panels out there for the price.

The CC ad that is posted doesn't show the entire ad for the 42" Panasonic flat panel for 1299.99. I am looking for the web id but I can't see it. Can anyone else? Also, what does the WEB ID actually do? Won't the price be reflected online or will that ID be needed to show the real BF price?

It absolutely is a great deal. I have this TV, and it's AMAZING.

CompUsa has it on sale right now for $1299 so you don't have to wait for BF.

Anyone trying for the 1299 Plasma?? Curious if this is a "great deal". Or ya think there will be better offers down the road..??

Update...My local Circuit City is already selling the 42" Panasonic Plasma for $1299. I went at lunch to get my price adjust, and my friend bought one, and the CC price is $1299. I'd get it now if I were you...that way you don't have to fight the crowds on BF!!

With it being 1299.99 now at Circuit City, if you have an Entertainment 2006 Book you may have a 10% off coupon any TV from Circuit City over 199 (in my area book on page F4) in it. I did not see this coupon in the 2007 version.

I'm not sure if entertainment.com would have any books for 2006 since many of the coupons expired Nov 1,2006. Good to Dec 31, 2006.

Check this out...I wish I had seen it before, you can't use it on prior purchases:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=157895&t=367999&highlight=geico

With it being 1299.99 now at Circuit City, if you have an Entertainment 2006 Book you may have a 10% off coupon any TV from Circuit City over 199 (in my area book on page F4) in it. I did not see this coupon in the 2007 version.

I'm not sure if entertainment.com would have any books for 2006 since many of the coupons expired Nov 1,2006. Good to Dec 31, 2006.

I see it. The actual CC coupon does say it excludes this model. I was able to do an on-line shopping cart with CC that shows the coupon (-130). Sears policy on price matching clearly states to print out the shopping cart and bring it for a price match plus 10%. This will be my second price match so I hope it can be done.

As most people know Tweeter is offering the 42 for 1299. I went in the store and they also had the 50 for 1999. Cola area Circuit City areas have already lowered their price on the 50" to 1999. I know for sure, there is one in the den right now. its AWESOME

I went to the Sears where I purchased from and they would not do a price match due to the coupon offer. Their policy states nothing about applying coupons...it says they will match the total price including shipping and handling with a print out. I was very dissapointed so I'm hoping for more pricing actions by local sellers.

If anyone has any luck with Sears doing a price match on this deal, please post.

How much did Sears charge you? If it's over $1299, then just bring this week's CompUSA ad and your receipt to Sears, I think Sears does price adjustments after purchases, don't they?

I went to the Sears where I purchased from and they would not do a price match due to the coupon offer. Their policy states nothing about applying coupons...it says they will match the total price including shipping and handling with a print out. I was very dissapointed so I'm hoping for more pricing actions by local sellers.

If anyone has any luck with Sears doing a price match on this deal, please post.

CC will not price match on Friday, expeically from purchases made prior to Friday.

What is the basis for this statement?

It is 100% contrary to the statement on CC's website:

Price Guarantee

If you've seen a lower advertised price from another local store with the same item in stock, we want to know about it. Bring it to our attention, and we'll gladly beat their price by 10% of the difference. If you see a lower advertised price (including our own sale prices) within 30 days of your purchase, we'll refund 110% of the difference.

Our policy applies only to advertised prices. It does not apply to special offers or promotions, including rebates, free-with-purchase offers and special financing. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide price matches online, so please visit the closest Circuit City store to take advantage of our Price Guarantee.

I am personally going to go into Circuit City tonight and verfiy that they will do a price match to the Best Buy BF advert for $999. And then I am going to buy it. :)

If for any reason they want to hassle me, my next stop will be Sears.

Sears verbally told me they would price match on a price for an entire day...no door busters/limited quanities. I really don't know what this would be considered since it is a 7 hour sale (maybe a special promotion? which would not get a price match). Believe me, I will show it to them but doubt I will get it. I'm just hoping the CC deal is for all of Friday and/or Saturday so I can price match the 1199 plus 10% of the difference.

But you can get lucky at some Sears stores. The ones I go to are pros at saying "No price match!".

Circuit City Will Not Pricematch on BF!! :mad: :mad:

I spoke with the store manager last night here in SF. He said that under no circumstances will CC pricematch on BF because it is considered a "special offer or promotion" under the policy I quoted above. Needless to say I immediately walked out and drove to Sears, where the employee and manager both confirmed that Sears is more than happy to pricematch, BF or otherwise, so long as you buy the product during the sale hours.

Needless to say I think that CC's position on BF pricematching is really bad because the exception basically swallows up the policy (as the BF sales are unquestionably locally advertised prices). I personally think that anyone who buys a product which is subsequently advertised at a lower price would have a strong lawsuit against CC for breach of contract and unfair business practices (here in CA) not to mention deceptive conduct that may violate federal law. But this is not intended to be legal advice so please don't rely on my opinion.

CC will not be getting any of my business Friday. Sears will be.

I got the same response as above from a Circuit City a manager just now.

Basically, they refuse to pricematch BF hourly sales as they are considered limited quantities.

The good news, they told me they are dropping the price on this Panasonic 42" to $1099 and will have it all weekend; allowing for orders if they run out of stock. I dont know if he was pulling my leg or what, but he was the manager of the store. Hope he got it right, CC is next door to BB and I could just swing by if I am not in time for BB>

Ya know, I was contemplating filing a complaint on BBB agasint CC over the issue; it completely destroys their year round advertising regarding not being beaten. Cant say I will ever trust them on price agian. Actually a really bad thing, they just blew their name and BB usually has a better selection. The sad part, they ahve red tabs above their prices caliming they will not be beaten....

CC will have the TV for $1099???

I got the same response as above from a Circuit City a manager just now.

Basically, they refuse to pricematch BF hourly sales as they are considered limited quantities.

The good news, they told me they are dropping the price on this Panasonic 42" to $1099 and will have it all weekend; allowing for orders if they run out of stock. I dont know if he was pulling my leg or what, but he was the manager of the store. Hope he got it right, CC is next door to BB and I could just swing by if I am not in time for BB>

Ya know, I was contemplating filing a complaint on BBB agasint CC over the issue; it completely destroys their year round advertising regarding not being beaten. Cant say I will ever trust them on price agian. Actually a really bad thing, they just blew their name and BB usually has a better selection. The sad part, they ahve red tabs above their prices caliming they will not be beaten....

So claimed the maanger I spoke to at Circuit City tonight (Wedn). But he could ahve just trying to counteroffer me to get me to buy there instead; I have yet to see his statement reflected in any ad on CC's website. He better not have been confusing the HD version with the ED version. Either way, I plan on slugging it out at BB in the cold hours of the early morning. Worst case Il swing by CC and pickup that Samsung 42" DLP HDTV; for $799. That CC is always so dead and since BB goes on the ticket system, if I dont get my ticket prior to open (they hand out tix at 4am; open is at 5am) ILl just walk over to the CC and jump on their special.