BREAKING NEWS: Wal-Mart's hiding some Black Friday deals

bigjimslade

Surely if these deals are something that's not already been advertised, SOMEONE will have to see them, whether it is during packaging, shipment, or receiving. . WM is really starting to tick me off this year, it's like they are baiting us for some sort of money giving trap. They'll win, of course, but that's not the point. Anyone else feel like a fish after bait?

I talked to a lady last night that works a WM. She said that they have received some of the pallets and she knows FOR SURE that the sewing machine is the same price as shown in the ad, but she thought that some of the prices shown in the ad were going to go lower.

AND I talked to the photo center manager and he doesn't think that the Kodak C633 even exists. We looked all through his camera guide and there wasn't one. So either the ad is wrong and it is the C533 and the real price isn't posted, or they meant the more expensive model (C7??) and the price is right....

AND I talked to the photo center manager and he doesn't think that the Kodak C633 even exists. We looked all through his camera guide and there wasn't one. So either the ad is wrong and it is the C533 and the real price isn't posted, or they meant the more expensive model (C7??) and the price is right....

I think it is equivalent to the C663 if you are looking them up for reviews. If you go to the Kodak website and look up manuals it has both model #s listed for the same manual.

So the specials will start on Thanksgiving online? AND also on BF? Just want to make sure when I should be racing to my computer for the special added deals.

That's what i'm confused about. Some people think the sales themselves are online. Others are saying only the ad itself will be online and the stuff will be available on bf with everything else. :confused: :confused:

On that Kodak camera number issue. When you are as big as WM is you can have the vendor create "special" models for you. I have seen this for other electronics. You try to research the item and you cannot find information on it. Sometimes the item has a different memory, or some feature that the model it is based on does not. The same might go for some of the TV's.

Also a comment on the late breaking prices. Last year I had scans of the ads only to find out that due to other stores responding to the advance information (on this and other web sites) WM lowered the prices on some items in the ad. (re: 26" tv showed $96 paid $88)

So my feelings on this web posting are something to that approach again. WM always wants the last laugh.

Happy shopping to all, and to all a good deal (be had) !!:yup:

Does anyone here know if the whole ad thing Wal*Mart is doing on Thanksgiving Day is just for online shoppers, or is it another ad that is going to have the stuff in the stores as well?? Reading the CNN article it really does not state other than that wal*mart is trying to get more shoppers on Friday...but then turns around and says about them being the only one that is doing this on their website...can someone please clarify this for me??

I think I need to buy one of those cards that will give me access to the internet anywhere - that way I can be in line if I need to be and then surfing the net still looking for better deals - now where do I go looking to find a deal on one of those cards, does anyone know of a really great place to do that?;)

My understanding is.. this is just the Ad and the deals are to be had "in store". The article says..

"After everyone finishes with the meal, we're going to use [walmart.com] as a channel to unveil special offers that nobody has visibility to yet."

Fleming said the idea was to use this strategy to drive consumers to Wal-Mart stores on Friday

HOpe that helps ya. :)

I think I need to buy one of those cards that will give me access to the internet anywhere - that way I can be in line if I need to be and then surfing the net still looking for better deals - now where do I go looking to find a deal on one of those cards, does anyone know of a really great place to do that?;)

no internet access on your cell?

I am one of those people that do not have internet at home right now and it stinks. Are computer is down and we were thinking of getting a new one for christmas as a family gift. So now I am going to have to see if I can have one of my friends print out the stuff for me later on in the evening when it should be up. Wish me luck I am going to need it. I will be so upset if I miss out on some really good things. :( :( :eyepoppin

IM waiting forthat in my area. GRRRRR. Comcast is stopping it. theywant my money..grrrrrrrr..

I wonder when they will post it online on Thanksgiving? Thank god we own 3 computers as I will be running to them throughout the day

I ambetting its EARLY because we know they WM bigwig will NOT be at work..they will be eating. sothey willw antit done ASAP:gdlicklips:

I went to walmart this morning and put the psp on layaway. I will go to the layaway that morning to get a price adjustment. I was trying to find out the name of the 42" TV so I can put that in layaway also. I think thats a good idea if they have the items out. You can get there at a decent time and get your price adjustments.