DEAD! Little Tikes Log Cabin on Clearance for $75.00 - Was $299.99! @ Toys R Us

natansyd

I seen the princess bouncer on there for $75 too. Whenever I clicked on it it said item temporarily out of stock. I called TRU and they said they didn't have any because it was a seasonal item. :mad: My daughter is wanting one of those bouncers for Christmas. I thik we are going to get her one from Little Tykes. There is a site called Kid Source that has the bouncers for $189 and FREE shipping. TRU has the same bouncer for $199.

Michelle

I ended up getting her bouncer from E-Bay. It was a castle 7x7 I think with a slide on it for a total of 150 (with shipping). I know that she will like it but just won't have the same effect as the princess one! I just can't figure out how they would have a clearance site with things that aren't available. I've never heard of that before.

TRU took my phone number too. I have no doubt they have plenty to sell and just don't want to honor their mistake. I wrote corporate as well and told them how disappointed I was and I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

I'm so upset. I got my kids so excited and then had to tell them otherwise and I can't afford a 250 play house.

BTW, My 1st post!

Isn't this classic 'Bait 'n Switch'??

When I called, they said that my order was cancelled because they didnt have any at that price. When I asked if they had any at all, he said yes, he could sell me the log cabin right now for only $249.00. This sounds like classic bait and switch. Isnt that illegal?

Isn't this classic 'Bait 'n Switch'??

When I called, they said that my order was cancelled because they didnt have any at that price. When I asked if they had any at all, he said yes, he could sell me the log cabin right now for only $249.00. This sounds like classic bait and switch. Isnt that illegal?

I agree! I think that is EXACTLY what they are doing. I think we should keep flooding them with calls and emails. If it isn't illegal it is definitely UNETHICAL.

The supervisor told me that their system showed 1801 log cabins.. she asked how large I thought their warehouse had to be to hold them all. To try to show me how obviously incorrect the inventory is. They have told me a thousand times that ALTHOUGH there was a price error, the reason they won't honor it is because they were out. Yeah, right.

The supervisor told me that their system showed 1801 log cabins.. she asked how large I thought their warehouse had to be to hold them all. To try to show me how obviously incorrect the inventory is. They have told me a thousand times that ALTHOUGH there was a price error, the reason they won't honor it is because they were out. Yeah, right.

Yeah right, seeing as how you can still get one as of this very min. if you are willing to pay $249. An earlier poster bought one at that price, called, confirmed it was in stock just to prove a point. I can't stand dishonest companies.:eyepoppin:eek::yuck:

I called and complained too. They told me that is cost them $182 for the item so I was crazy if I thought they were going to sell it to me for $75.

I don't believe that for a New York minute! You can't tell me that they were only going to make a $100 profit! I too have decided not to shop there again. I constantly experience poor customer service and they are now making it difficult to return items. I will not dawn the TRU doorstep ever again. Walmart has better deals anyway!

To whom it may concern.

Since your split with Amazon, I have purchased two items with you. Within 24 hours both were cancelled.

One being Elmo. I understand its limited stock,I also understand that you could put up a little tiny graphic saying SOLD OUT!

A few nights ago I was reading a deals website I frequent daily. You guys had an incredible deal on a play house and I couldn’t get my credit card out fast enough. Here’s the strange thing. You had MANY good deals going. Some on the outdoor bouncy toys, play houses, slides and on and on. I called your customer service to verify the deal. I even know how many you guys had left in stock. I was told it was a great deal blah blah. The next day I see a new post on the deals site saying that people’s orders were being cancelled due to an incorrect price.Why? Why Do you guys do this? Is it because you know people will buy other things, get suckered in and then you cancel on them? Is this in hopes that they will keep the other items they buy if they do at all?

I don’t care how many disclaimers you have up on your site, this is about right and wrong. I will you tell you right now this site has 16,000 + members. Twice as many lurkers… were talking 50,000 people, who are pretty likely to shop at your site when they see a good deal.

Take those same 50,000 people, screw them over repeatedly and word will spread.

I personally have 5 children. I will never, ever, shop again with you.

Sure I’m just one person.

I am one person with a big mouth who doesn’t like companies with questionable practices.Sure you have money coming in now, its the holidays. Just remember the little people when your revenue is down the tubes in 6 months.

I hope you (Toys R us as a whole) isn’t sitting there wondering why your stores are closing left and right.

The answer is obvious.

To whom it may concern.

Since your split with Amazon, I have purchased two items with you. Within 24 hours both were cancelled.

One being Elmo. I understand its limited stock,I also understand that you could put up a little tiny graphic saying SOLD OUT!

A few nights ago I was reading a deals website I frequent daily. You guys had an incredible deal on a play house and I couldn’t get my credit card out fast enough. Here’s the strange thing. You had MANY good deals going. Some on the outdoor bouncy toys, play houses, slides and on and on. I called your customer service to verify the deal. I even know how many you guys had left in stock. I was told it was a great deal blah blah. The next day I see a new post on the deals site saying that people’s orders were being cancelled due to an incorrect price.Why? Why Do you guys do this? Is it because you know people will buy other things, get suckered in and then you cancel on them? Is this in hopes that they will keep the other items they buy if they do at all?

I don’t care how many disclaimers you have up on your site, this is about right and wrong. I will you tell you right now this site has 16,000 + members. Twice as many lurkers… were talking 50,000 people, who are pretty likely to shop at your site when they see a good deal.

Take those same 50,000 people, screw them over repeatedly and word will spread.

I personally have 5 children. I will never, ever, shop again with you.

Sure I’m just one person.

I am one person with a big mouth who doesn’t like companies with questionable practices.Sure you have money coming in now, its the holidays. Just remember the little people when your revenue is down the tubes in 6 months.

I hope you (Toys R us as a whole) isn’t sitting there wondering why your stores are closing left and right.

The answer is obvious.

:yelclap::groovin: WTG! They are just enabling TRU to crumble faster with crappy CS.

Littletikes.com has worked their way to the top of my online ordering list. I posted a thread about their 15 days of savings, and i am anxiously awaiting this. I hope I'm not disappointed. Any company that will post a mistake sale, and decide to let it run for 24 hours, and honor all orders, even with substitutions, has my vote as one of the greats.

Sorry, but when I get a 40 lb box taller than me stuffed full of toys valued at $280.00 for $40.35 shipped, i am extremely happy. We were buying the flashlights anyways, and those would have been more than the price of everything.

gee....and they wonder why they are struggling to keep customers? I rarely shop at TRU anymore. Bad customer service + high prices = no money from me.

I'm a union gal, but this is the reason why companies like Wal-Mart are flourishing. Can't treat your customers like garbage and then expect them to keep coming back for more.

New to this and confused. Dead obviously means no longer available right? On other items when you click on it if the great gotadeal price appears then it is ok to purchase.

??? Can black friday deals be purchased online?

yes, dead is no longer available. If you see the cheap price, buy it, but check your cart. If it's anything from toys r us (TRU), expect it to be cancelled. Some black friday deals are available online, just check the ads. Most will say in small print available online.

If you need any help, just ask. There are many of us veterans around here, and everyone is so nice and helpful.

Welcome, and enjoy. I'm sure you'll find more than the things you need.

Surprise, surprise, surprise!! TRU called me today with a code that allowed me to purchase the Little Tikes Log Cabin for $74.99 + shipping and tax. I nearly fell over but I had to post this as TRU has done the right thing and deserves the credit. They said they had "tons" of angry callers about this item. Uh-huh, I'll bet they did!! :) They'll have my business again!

What did you have to do / say to get the code? i called there this afternoon to complain about not getting my phone call within 24 hours like I was told and (i was trying to be nice) asked how they planned on compensating those of us that had orders cancelled. she said she'd make the note in my account and have someone call me, she promised. (oh, okay!) this whole thing makes me irate!

Just got off of the phone with TRU. The rep said that there is a list of "thousands" of people that had ordered the Log Cabin, and that they are simply going down the list, calling one after the other, to give them this 'code' that will let them purchase it for the $75.00 price. I was told that I was put onto the list on Nov 16th, and that it could take up to two weeks for them to call me. Just a FYI update.....