DEAD! Little Tikes Log Cabin on Clearance for $75.00 - Was $299.99! @ Toys R Us

natansyd

I bought this when my daughter was 3. She still plays in it now and she is 6 years old. Not super tall but taller than most girls. Its high quality and she absolutely loves it. I cover it in the winter with a tarp for weathr protection. It also sits on a cement pad so no floor damage. Looks brand new after owning it for several years.

I ordered one, and I'm hoping it's in stock when the warehouse goes to ship the order. My friend had a bad experience with ordering an Elmo from toysrus.com and not receiving it. It showed in stock when she ordered it, but out of stock when the warehouse tried to ship it so her order was cancelled.

I called them.. the rumors are correct, they DO have the worst customer service EVER!! The item shows in stock at regular price, they said it is OOS. They said that they could not honor the price, or substitute a comparable item. It was supposedly a huge mistake. Go figure. Someone screwed up, and they don't wanna cover it. I can't see how they have time to go through and cancel all of these orders, but STILL haven't had time to change the website.

I also ordered one, thanks to the heads up here, and received my canx email today. Can they do that? I told the guy on the phone that the price wasnt a mistake, or they wouldnt have put a 'only one per address' limit on it. They wouldnt have crossed through the $299.99 price, and put the $75.00 price next to it. Obviously, someone knew what they were doing. I asked if they were out of stock, and he said no, that I could pay $249.00 for one right now. Isnt TRU legally obliged to honor their prices? My first post here.

I got the cancellation email. Called customer service at TRU, they told me that the cabins were out of stock. I hung up, went online and ordered another one at $249, immediately called TRU back and asked if my order was in stock. She told me that they had "plenty" of them. I asked for TRU's corporate email address, she said she couldn't give that to me as they "weren't allowed" to give it out. The address is on the TRU website, for pete's sake! I sent an email to corporate, we'll see if they even respond. :mad:

Did anyone happen to print the page that showed the price of $75? I would think that you would be able to fax that to their corporate office and make them honor that price. It's worth a shot! :confused: I missed out on the deal but I hate to see someone lose out on that deal just because TRU messed up! :mad:

I have been on the phone with TRU most of the morning. Now, they are waiting on a decision from corporate. We are apparently flooding them with phone calls. They are supposed to take your name and # to call you when they receive the orders about substitution or compensation. Who knows if they will actually call. I will keep you updated.

:( I am so aggrevated with TRU. They had the princess castle jumper on clearance for $75 as well and changed it back to 299. I think that someone there made a huge mistake!

Jen

I seen the princess bouncer on there for $75 too. Whenever I clicked on it it said item temporarily out of stock. I called TRU and they said they didn't have any because it was a seasonal item. :mad: My daughter is wanting one of those bouncers for Christmas. I thik we are going to get her one from Little Tykes. There is a site called Kid Source that has the bouncers for $189 and FREE shipping. TRU has the same bouncer for $199.

Michelle