iKTV Karaoke Entertainment Package $16.99 at Overstock.com

madi5

like everyone else I believe they added to the boxes, mine had 3 mic's and 12 cd's but the unit was loose in the box and the person at the iktv I called said it probably was damage in shipping which made me think about how it was package. hope everyone elses has better luck and it works but you should probably try them, I almost wrap mine first. now on to look for another gift!

Got mine today!! 2 microphones and 9 CD's~~

Willing to trade some of my CD's...off the top of my head I have a gospel cd, an oldies, and an N'Sync I can't imagine using that much. PM me if interested. I would take Broadway or country in exchange or whatever.

Probably a dumb question but i have never used a karoke machine before...but does it have to be plugged into the tv to be able to use it.....OR....can ds just plug it into an outlet and still be able to use it?

Also you can use any kind of cd into right...He has some cd's his uncle burned for him and a "Cars" cd he will want to use in it....will those work in it too....

TIA!

Probably a dumb question but i have never used a karoke machine before...but does it have to be plugged into the tv to be able to use it.....OR....can ds just plug it into an outlet and still be able to use it?

Also you can use any kind of cd into right...He has some cd's his uncle burned for him and a "Cars" cd he will want to use in it....will those work in it too....

TIA!

It doesn't have separate speakers, it has to be plugged into the TV. The box says it will work with Audio CDs, Video Karaoke CDs, and MP3 CDs, so I think he should be fine with the ones he has. However, they won't have the words on the screen.

Side note....opened mine back up and made DH check it out tonight. It works fine and was worth the $17 just to watch my DH singing off-key to our 10 month old!! :smirk:

Finally got mine today. I got 3 mikes and 9 cds. The CDs look pretty good. My DD should enjoy it. She loves singing. Originally I purchased another karaoke machine with a camera and TV screen to give her for Xmas ($59.99) Once I try this one out if it works I will return the other one to Walmart.

Thanks GottaDeal for everything this year. I would not have known about os many of these deals if I did not have you guys.:eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

• 3 weeks later...

My boys got this from Santa yesterday and really had a blast. It was great watching my 79 year old father in law belting out "Hound Dog" from the Elvis CD. The only bad thing is the video behind some of the songs - truly inappropriate for young children to watch. I am going to contact IkTV about this issue too. Let me know if anyone else thought the same.

I also picked up a lot of CD's from the library, but none of them showed the words.

Have a healthy and happy new year!

I also picked up some CD-G Karaoke CD's from Walmart for this and the words do not show up. I was confused bc I had checked the IKTV website and it said their player was compatible w/ CD-G's so we called customer service and they told us that the Overstock model is an older model and that only VCD Karaoke CD's will work as far as showing the words onscreen.

I asked my daughter if she wanted to return it but we did find a few sites that carry VCD's for a decent price and since the machine was so reasonably priced I doubt we will return it.

Just a word to the wise though before anyone goes out and buys CD-G's.

my 5 1/2 year old son was dying for this present because he loves to sing..to bad i couldn't test it before i gave it to him because the mics do not work i mean out of 3 misc that were included i don't know what to think. the box wasn't even put together either that or the glue melted off and it fell apart during shipping..what a huge disapointment after witing 7 months to get one..

my 5 1/2 year old son was dying for this present because he loves to sing..to bad i couldn't test it before i gave it to him because the mics do not work i mean out of 3 misc that were included i don't know what to think. the box wasn't even put together either that or the glue melted off and it fell apart during shipping..what a huge disapointment after witing 7 months to get one..

This is disappointing. I guess my daughter needs to pug her machine in and ake sure it works I was also disappointed to read that it only takes certain D's as I bought some for Christmas that probably won't work and/or she won't see the words. ::::deep sigh:::::

Thanks for the heads up everyone.