Who Will Be Doing Reconnaissance and Intel at Best Buy on Nov 22?

bigjimslade

Will you be doing recon or intel at BB the night of Nov 22?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be doing recon or intel at BB the night of Nov 22?

Or you could skip the Madonna concert and do something worth-while. Hahaha Ok ok, I cannot bash her music, I am an Insane Clown Posse fan so who am I to put down someone elses favorite artist. Of course, I used to know ICP so I kinda have a reason lol :tongue1:

I will be going out and braving the crowds... don't really want to but, with some of the deals going on, I really have no choice since it is my only shot at having certain things...

Well, dont they truely set up the store the morning of Friday around 1-2am?

Some do and some dont. The store I have been going to have been setting up for BF around 8pm or 9pm on Wednesday. They will bring out the big stuff, stack them and put rope around them. One BB I was in in Ft Worth already put some of the stuff by the Geek Squad counter and there already have been some reports like that so far by other members.

It is all about home work and seeing your chances.

Good Luck!

I did a little recon today at the Gwinnett Place BB in GA. I saw pallets jammed against the Magnolia section to the right of the front door. They were wrapped in black plastic, but the tops were exposed on some.

The closest pallet to me was holding the 32" LCD Westinghouse TV. I couldn't count the number of TV's, but BB was nice enough to leave an inventory tag on the pallet. A total of 60...I doubt that many were on the pallet, so I assume it is the total number of 32" TV's available at the store.

They had started making part of their mazes already, especially near the computer section and checkouts.

I got caught looking at my BF shopping list printed from the BB.com by an employee. He said "planning on having a good weekend?" We talked for a bit and he said he saw a lot of people walking around the store today with printouts like mine...hmmmm, better not go to this store for BF! Sounds like it will be crowded!

I just got back from doing some recon at my BB and I talked with my PSA. When I walked into my BB they had a big sign announcing the PSA program and what if offers for BF. They have already started to set up and they already had the desktops behind the geek counter. I counted 50 desktops. I will go back tomarrow to do more recon and intel. I will post my reports here.

My store had 41 of them the last time I checked.

41 of the Samsung 19" widescreen monitors?

What time do you guys think I should get there on Friday if I just want the monitor? Will I be in good shape if I get there around 3:30am or is that too late? I don't want any of the other specials, just the 19" monitor.

What time do you guys think I should get there on Friday if I just want the monitor? Will I be in good shape if I get there around 3:30am or is that too late? I don't want any of the other specials, just the 19" monitor.

If you want the monitor I would be inline between 8pm and 10pm local time on Thursday night. If you get there around 3:30am then there will be over 400 people in front of you or more. Good luck!

41 22" LCDS.

I was just at the BB in Westwood, CA and they had the 9 32" Westings stacked up in the front of the store. This BB doesn't get as crowded as other and most of the students have gone home for Thanksgiving (its close to UCLA). It's got a 24 hour Ralphs next door which helps for bathroom runs :)

I was just at the BB in Westwood, CA and they had the 9 32" Westings stacked up in the front of the store. This BB doesn't get as crowded as other and most of the students have gone home for Thanksgiving (its close to UCLA). It's got a 24 hour Ralphs next door which helps for bathroom runs :)

Hello Neighbor! My friends go to that BB for BF and they say it is not popular as the Burbank or Porter Ranch location.

Good Luck!

I just got back from my BB. Nothing is out yet. The only prep they did was the yellow tape on the carpeting to identify the checkout lines. My BB has about 12 cash registers, so that is very nice. No stacks of anything are out yet. They have many PCs piled up on top of the ailes. I checked out their laptop cage, and there weren't too many in there! As for the one thing I was eyeing, the 17" LCD monitor, they only had about 8 on the shelf. Ugh!

I hope they have that many laptops at my store. You still think I would have a better shot at Simi store over santa clarita?

I would be at the Simi store between 6pm and 8pm local time on Thursday. You have to remember that the Santa Clarita store serves the desert valley like Victorville.

Good luck!