Who Will Be Doing Reconnaissance and Intel at Best Buy on Nov 22?

bigjimslade

Will you be doing recon or intel at BB the night of Nov 22?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be doing recon or intel at BB the night of Nov 22?

do they start putting stuff out then? Ive never thought to check them out the night before.

In the 5 years I have been doing BF at BB they have started to put stuff out about an hour or hour 1/2 before closing. At the BB i shop at they will stack all of the doorbuster desktops behind the geek squad counter. All I do is walk by and count. If I count 20 boxes then I know there will be at least 20 up for grabs. Most of the time they stack the TVs in the TV section or in the Customer Service Desk area.

Most store managers want to get there workers home on Wednesday night because they want as much rest as they can get because Friday will be an 18 hour day for most. When the store managers get to the store at 2am on Friday they dont want to mess with stocking because there will be alot of last minute stuff they need to take care of.

Guest ladakn99

im doing it Nov. 19th, and im also going to have a chat with the manager, and help him out by handing out these colored index cards (very hard to find espesally when they are 5.5x9.5 w/no lines) and i will check with him if it is okay for me and my friends to sell tickets that we will get bc we will get there early

what do you guys think

im doing it Nov. 19th, and im also going to have a chat with the manager, and help him out by handing out these colored index cards (very hard to find espesally when they are 5.5x9.5 w/no lines) and i will check with him if it is okay for me and my friends to sell tickets that we will get bc we will get there early

what do you guys think

The stores wont even have stuff put out for BF on the 19th. I know from a friend who is a manager at BB and he said the last truck most stores will get will be Tuesday or Wednesday of the week of BF.

As far as selling tickets they might frown on that. You might run into legal trouble with scalping tickets and local laws. I would not put yourself out there in the radar like that.

Just got back from the one near me. Everything was wrapped in black plastic and lined up to the right of the front door. I did see that there were 18 of the $189 emachines stacked on a pallet that were not wrapped in the computer section. The boxes were pretty plain but they had T3522 and a pic on the side of thebox but no indepth specs listed. And yes the deal comes in 3 boxes. Thought I would share info hope this helps.

Just got back from the one near me. Everything was wrapped in black plastic and lined up to the right of the front door. I did see that there were 18 of the $189 emachines stacked on a pallet that were not wrapped in the computer section. The boxes were pretty plain but they had T3522 and a pic on the side of thebox but no indepth specs listed. And yes the deal comes in 3 boxes. Thought I would share info hope this helps.

Thanks for the report. I am going to my BB on Tuesday and again on Wednesday night to look around. I will post my report on both days.

I was just there today and was talking with one of the sales people about whether or not they were ready for Friday. She didn't seem to excited about it. ;) Anyway, the Sandisk MP3 players should not go out of stock as they have a whole pallet-full of them, plus an entire display already stocked on the floor. The funny thing is, they are supposed to be pushing the $99 Bose earphones as an accessory for all MP3 players, even the cheapo doorbusters.

This store is large enough that everything is still in hiding, but they were definitely making room in the TV dept and the video game dept today.

I was just there today and was talking with one of the sales people about whether or not they were ready for Friday. She didn't seem to excited about it. ;) Anyway, the Sandisk MP3 players should not go out of stock as they have a whole pallet-full of them, plus an entire display already stocked on the floor. The funny thing is, they are supposed to be pushing the $99 Bose earphones as an accessory for all MP3 players, even the cheapo doorbusters.

This store is large enough that everything is still in hiding, but they were definitely making room in the TV dept and the video game dept today.

My friend who is a district manager for BB said that the stores will be getting trucks in until Wednesday.

As for selling tickets, people did it for Playstation 2 and 3 ( I got a little over $100 for one during the PS2 launch and my friend got almost $400 for one) outside Best Buy..at least over in Saginaw MI... they might still frown on it but I think people do it anyways. I do, however, think that it would be very rude to do it on BF simply because, to most, this is the only time they can really afford to give their families nice gifts.. I know that is how it is for me.

I was injured at work and had a shattered ankle and dislocated knee and have only been getting the minimum of workers comp and, if someone got the ticket I was hoping for and then tried to sell it to me or near me, someones teeth would be laying around like chicklets. Crutches can be weapons !! Hahahaha

Seriously though, there probably would be problems though I am not sure about the whole violence thing.

Think of it this way, by NOT taking a ticket you don't need or want, you ARE helping a family get something they might never have been able to afford otherwise. You are indeed the spirit of Christmas simply by walking away from the temptation.

Happy Gobble Gobble and Ho Ho Ho to you all.

, if someone got the ticket I was hoping for and then tried to sell it to me or near me, someones teeth would be laying around like chicklets. Crutches can be weapons !! Hahahaha

:lmao::sidesplit:lmao: Chicklets :lmao::sidesplit:lmao:

We were going to BB tonight to check out the 32" lcd. I thought I had talked hubby into it but he seems like he's on the fence about it right now. :(

I'll just wait until Wednesday to go and kill 2 birds with one stone. Hopefully hubby will fall in love with the tv. LOL

not going to the store.will be checking out on line.. NO way am I going to BB now.. the deals are too good.. too many crazy peopel gotta have something.

No disrespect intended, But I hope a lot of people feel the same way!

Yes....Everyone stay home! Dukes and I will be the brave ones to venture out of the village and face maybe uncertain death.

:)

Guest ChristmasIsHere
Wow...I should do this! I may not, the Madonna concert is on that night, but I get out at 12:30 pm so I should just go and take a look at whats goin on! ;)