Does Staples hand out tickets for the bigitems?

Onyx

Mine didn't last year. I had to hurry and snatch what I wanted. Last yr it was a 19" LCD. I picked up some mem sticks and then grab the monitor. The store filled up pretty quickly so I didn't stick around. I did buy stuff online before going to store and returned later before the sale was over to pick up a few thing I missed.

Mine in Nashville, Tennessee handed out tickets as you were entering the store. They had a table set up in lobby. I've always gotten what I wanted at the Staples I shop at. I've only had to get there an hour early. I'm hoping that some of these big items are not going to attract a big crowd. I don't want to have to compete.

East Lansing, MI store comes out about 30 minutes before opening and passes out tickets for low quantity door busters. They have done this for at least the past 3 years. It works great. Each employee has tickets for 1 - 2 items and starts at the front of the line and gives them to the people that want them (1 per person) until they are all passed out. You then have a few hours to purchase the item before they give it to someone else.

After looking at the ad, I am definitely going to be in line for this one.

Mine in Nashville, Tennessee handed out tickets as you were entering the store. They had a table set up in lobby. I've always gotten what I wanted at the Staples I shop at. I've only had to get there an hour early. I'm hoping that some of these big items are not going to attract a big crowd. I don't want to have to compete.

Same thing they did here in Chicago. It was really organized.

Not all stores in same city are that organized. Before we started going to this one closer to where my mother lives we were going to one that was way across town. It was a mad house. They had all the smaller doorbusters on one table and you had to fight the crowd to get what you want. This one has them distrubuted throughout the store. The other one in Cool Springs may have changed since then. Cool Springs also did not hand out tickets for the more expensive ones like the one on Powell Ave.

If anything they will atleast hand out tickets for the monitors. I'm not sure if they will for the other things. It is up to each store as to what they want to do to make it more organized. HR doesn't send us specific instructions for handing out tickets.

I'd like to know about this as well.

Also, what time to they start handing out tickets in California or anywhere?

And what are the crowds like at Staples? 50 people? 100-200 people?

Will it be necessary to camp out early or just 1-2 hours before the store opens?

Does Staples open at 6am like it says HERE?

Staples is going to be my backup plan for a 19" widescreen computer monitor if I can't get the Samsung at Best Buy.

Thanks!

The staples near me opens at 6:00 am and the last two years I have arrived 4:50am and been about 13th in line. The hand out tickets for big items. Usually the line is 50-60 people until the nearby Best Buy and Wal-mart people filter in. Then we get the usual cutters at the last 30 seconds.