BF Annoyances - What drives you crazy?

sm1kla

Line Cutting and Place Saving are the same thing. :mad:

Both are wrong even if its for just "one person". If someone does it in front of me they can expect conflict. Your friends or family can go to the back of the line like I did and everyone else had to after me. Don't worry they'll still be friends or family after BF. Place savers and line cutters make me grumpy and somebody else's listed that as their worst annoyance.

It's a domino effect and just takes one to turn the mob into a news worthy event.:)

Heres the thing though. No one enforces it. Yea you can get upset like I do at people but after that nothing will happen. Cops wont do anything, renta cops wont do anything. I would be more worried about line cutters than my father joining me if i were you...no offense

I am one of those people that will be taking my child with me. Sorry I annoy you all but I have no choice. She is a major mama's girl and cries nonstop when she isn't with me. There is no way anyone is willing to watch her. I brought her with me last year and we were no problem. In fact some of the ladies in line in front of me took turns holding her while she slept. They loved it and it gave my back a break - this year I am getting a cart for her. FYI - I don't let her walk around, I'm not crazy.

Heres the thing though. No one enforces it. Yea you can get upset like I do at people but after that nothing will happen. Cops wont do anything, renta cops wont do anything. I would be more worried about line cutters than my father joining me if i were you...no offense

None taken, I just hope your not in my line. :)

Everything above plus the crazies. An example: I was in the target toy dept. and this lady had gotten the last of something off the shelf (I don't even remember what it was now.) and given it to her like five year old kid that was with her because she was buying it for him. This other lady comes over, TAKES THE TOY OUT OF THE KIDS HANDS, and says, that's the last one I wanted one of these.

The mom and the kid just gaped. I think they were in shock. So was I or I would have gone over and grabbed it back and handed it back to the kid.

That's almost as good as the lady who shoved my little five foot nothing aunt down onto the floor because she took something she wanted off the sale table. See, Crazies:eyepoppin

OMG I cannot believe some people. How pathetic to take a toy away from a child like this. She is so lucky that my mom was not there when she done this cause she would not have kept that toy.

Definitely line cutters and pushers. 2 years ago, I was in line at BB and 15 minutes before the doors opened there was a bunch of people that had just pulled into the parking lot and they all made a mad rush for the front door. In my 6 years of BF I have never seen anything like it... there must have been 40 people total that cut in front of a line of about 400 people who had been waiting all night. A huge fight followed, puches were thrown, lot's of angry yelling and pushing, all the while BB mgmt just stood by and did nothing... we were all yelling at them to call the police for crowd control and for safety due to all the puching and violence. Almost made me give up going to BF, but I am glad I stuck it out. Whew. This year I am bringing my mace and tazer... just in case. :cool:

People who do not brush their teeth in the morning prior to going :yuck:

:gdyeahthat: and those who dont shower.. and close talkers..you know the ones who have to stand on your toes to talk to you..add that to the morning or whatever breath and the aroma they feel the need to share and well double :yuck:

People who won't shut the heck up. There's always those people who want to try and become friends with everyone. Screw that! I'm cold & tired, but hey, I like getting a good deal so I don't mind waiting 5 hours. However, how about you respect my space and leave me the hell alone, and I'll do the same for you. If you are that bored, perhaps you should of brought a book, laptop or PSP/Gameboy/DS/whatever to keep you pre-occupied.

People who won't shut the heck up. There's always those people who want to try and become friends with everyone. Screw that! I'm cold & tired, but hey, I like getting a good deal so I don't mind waiting 5 hours. However, how about you respect my space and leave me the hell alone, and I'll do the same for you. If you are that bored, perhaps you should of brought a book, laptop or PSP/Gameboy/DS/whatever to keep you pre-occupied.

That's the holiday spirit we all love and admire. j/k :D

I like the people who want to tell me about their recent bowel surgery because we're stuck in line together. That's fun. (Yes, this happened. And when we were done with that story, we moved onto another one.)

Ditto to all of these times 10! Especially the grumpy shoppers and the cashiers that take their precious time and the parking. About the parking, not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but I hate when you're waiting for a parking space for a long time and then someone pulls in the opposite of you and think b/c they are closer to the spot (or the person is backing out and it will be quicker for them to get the spot) that they are entitled to that parking spot. I have had many words with these kinds of drivers, and not just on BF! :argue_cur

Well, shoot...my computer freaked out again, and my post didn't show up!

Anyway, I was just saying that I completely agree about the grumpy people. If you don't want to be there, STAY HOME! I always hope that I will be standing next to some people that are in a good mood--not necessarily talkative, but not crabby either.

I also think that if you have younger children you should leave them at home. They are cranky, hungry and sleepy, and really don't need to be there. One of us always stayed at home when our kids were little. Now that they are teenagers, it's no big deal as long as there is a coffee bribe. ;)

What really, really ticks me off is that my WM doesn't hand out tickets and last year they didn't open the doors at the same time so those of us that were waiting first HAD to make a mad dash for the deals. The employees saw who was first in line and where it started, they were back and forth in front of the door all night, yet they still didn't do things fairly. :mad: That's one reason I'm thinking of hitting BestBuy first.

I'm talkin about the ones who chat on the phones that has nothing to do with BF. They continue to yap yap yap about all sorts of stuff.

So if I'm standing in line talking to my friend trying to kill time, it will annoy you? Or do you mean someone yelling at the phone?

I never heard of this before.

People that pretend not notice that your standing in line and go infront of you .

Oh NO NO NO.....I may be small, 5 feet, people always say "i didnt see you" My MOUTH gets very big then!

I dont have many peeves on BF, I am so in my own world, really not paying attention to other people....but the stinky, non showered, non teeth brushed, hair all clumpy and stuck to their heads people make me NUTSO! Guys, it may be BF and ya got up early and all, but you are still in PUBLIC!!!!!

People with body odor. I don't care how early it is, take a shower and put some deodorant on. I always seem to get stuck in line behind someone like that.

I also really have a problem with people who say NO little kids at BF. I have always taken my infants/small toddlers out on this day. They were totally breastfed and I never used sitters until they were at least 2 years old. They would have been awake at 5 am at home anyway so why not? They did not cry and were not tired.