As of now, which major purchase(s) are you considering making at Best Buy on BF?

MarkRaby

(Multiple answers allowed)  

185 members have voted

1. 1. (Multiple answers allowed)

• HDTV
    • TV (standard definition)
    • Desktop computer
    • Notebook computer
    • Digital camera/camcorder
    • Big-ticket home theater component (home theater system, DVD recorder, etc)
    • Car electronics (GPS, in-dash video system, etc)
    • Appliances
    • Anything else I forgot to include

I am very much considering making the biggest purchase of my life with a $1,000+ HDTV (I'm deeply considering the 50" plasma, or at least the 42" LCD). There's also a good chance I'll be buying a digital camcorder, which, depending on which model I go with, may or may not be a huge purchase. Anyway, what's everyone else eyeing in the ad this year?

32" Westinghouse LCD HDTV, HP dv6103hr, and the ATI radeon x1600.

why the 32" westy for $480? because even though the Toshiba 50" plasma is a great deal, it only supports 720p, and since we all (should) know that 1080p is the future, i would rather save my money and splurge on a full HDTV in the future than to buy a nice tv now that wont support those resolutions. also, the 32" is about a third the price :D

the laptop simply because its too cheap to pass up (and i could use a new one), and same goes for the gfx card

Where's the "Nothing, their prices are too high and their advertised specials are garbage" option?

For OP: every HDTV in the ad is a piece of crap. I tell you this because you seem to be viewing your purchase with a sense of "moment." Don't bother with the doorbusters, they suck. Save yourself the heartache and buy a good brand (Sharp, Sony, Samsung, Hitachi, Panasonic, Pioneer)--prices will probably still be better on BF than they are now, just not doorbuster good.

32" Westinghouse LCD HDTV, HP dv6103hr, and the ATI radeon x1600.

why the 32" westy for $480? because even though the Toshiba 50" plasma is a great deal, it only supports 720p, and since we all (should) know that 1080p is the future, i would rather save my money and splurge on a full HDTV in the future than to buy a nice tv now that wont support those resolutions. also, the 32" is about a third the price :D

the laptop simply because its too cheap to pass up (and i could use a new one), and same goes for the gfx card

You should be aware that you will have to sit about 3 feet away from a 1080p screen this size in order to be physically capable of discerning the difference between 720p and 1080p. Your eye is literally not physically capable of discerning the extra detail (it is far to fine) at any further distance.