Vonage $200 instant rebate discussion (merged)

stationchief

What will we be required to purchase (hardware wise) on BF? I planned to get Vonage anyway, so this is great (i'll hopefully walk out with a free desktop for mom)...and I already have the cable modem for my internet...

Now if only the laptop (for me!)at CC was as good as the one at BB my life would be a lot easier.

how much is it to cancel your vonage subscription if you sign up, then cancel right after you leave? is there less than a $200 cancelation fee, because if it is only like $50, you could still save $150.

Has anyone ever done the rebate, then just cancel the service early?

Was this ever answered? I'm wondering too. Hubby and I are both going to sign up for Vonage with different addresses, just to get the desktop and laptop rebates, IF it's worth it to just cancel one later. Anyone know?

Yes, from what I am understanding, it is a good deal. Go to the vonage site and type in cancel service. This is what I am getting from it...Their site says

"There's no risk to trying Vonage service. Our no-hassle Money Back Guarantee policy guarantees your satisfaction. If for any reason you wish to cancel service within 30 days of activation, we'll refund your money with no questions asked"

"Yes. Vonage will apply a $39.99 disconnect fee to each line that is cancelled within one year of being activated. If you cancel within the Money Back Guarantee period of 30 days and return your device within 14 days of your cancellation, the disconnect fee will be refunded.

Note: The rebate instant credit is cancelled and you will be charged for the balance of the price of the equipment, if you disconnect Vonage service between the end of Money Back Guarantee period and 180 days of service."

I think from what I see... You end up paying nothing if You return your products and cancel with in the first couple weeks.

Tops you would have to pay (possibly, but it doesnt look like it to me is 39.99, right?

What do you guys think?

Guest vjwilson27

I will be watching to find out... I definitely want one line with vonage (we're totally cellular) but we are kinda wanting TWO computers... If I can cancel and pay only like $39.99 I'll do the two different lines...

Anyone know for sure how this'll work?

We bought a desk top last year that was kind of like this it was very cheap with AOL. Read carefully because if we canceled we owed the total price of the computer and they would take it right off the credit card we had to use to get the AOL subscription. We had no intention of canceling becasue we have had AOL for 14 years...but my SIL did and got charged the total $349.00 for the computer.

Yes, from what I am understanding, it is a good deal. Go to the vonage site and type in cancel service. This is what I am getting from it...Their site says

"There's no risk to trying Vonage service. Our no-hassle Money Back Guarantee policy guarantees your satisfaction. If for any reason you wish to cancel service within 30 days of activation, we'll refund your money with no questions asked"

"Yes. Vonage will apply a $39.99 disconnect fee to each line that is cancelled within one year of being activated. If you cancel within the Money Back Guarantee period of 30 days and return your device within 14 days of your cancellation, the disconnect fee will be refunded.

Note: The rebate instant credit is cancelled and you will be charged for the balance of the price of the equipment, if you disconnect Vonage service between the end of Money Back Guarantee period and 180 days of service."

I think from what I see... You end up paying nothing if You return your products and cancel with in the first couple weeks.

Tops you would have to pay (possibly, but it doesnt look like it to me is 39.99, right?

What do you guys think?

You will be signing a one year contract which will state your credit card will be charged $200 if you cancel before the year is over. You do not have to pay the whole year up front, your credit card or debit card will be charged monthly for whatever plan you subscribe to. If you opt for the unlimited calling plan at $24.99 per month, you will receive the first month of service free.

Vonage offers a 500 minute plan for $14.99 which works out to $16.94 with tax and fees. If this plan qualifies for the $200 credit you will have less than $240 paid over 12 months. ($203.28 plus activation fee.) Even if the service has no value to you at all this would still make a fairly low financing rate. And unless terms have changed on that plan the 500 minutes is outgoing toll calls only. Toll-free, Vonage2Vonage, and incoming are all free time. You could easily get 2000 minutes of actual usage.

this is my first post here, but i've been a lurker! I have to say that I took advantage of the vonage deal today! I was thinking about vonage anyway but I decided to stay with verizon until Time Warner (who just took over the area) offered the digital phone in this area.

THEN I saw this offer, so I decided it was the time to try it. I went in around 7:30 am after hitting JcPenneys and Sears and I picked up the Vonage phone adapter for $60 (we will talk about rebates in a minute) and since I knew that I would get the $200 shopping spree I picked up the Creative zen MP3 player for $140 something (had rebate as well) and season 2 of Lost.

I stood in the ONLY line for VONAGE for 1 hour. It was okay though. I had my sister there to talk to and were were talking to the two people in front of us. The guy in front of them kept track of the average time it took to cash someone out, so we knew how long we'd be there. It was fun. I do have to say I CAN NOT stant the people who complain in line. This lady was bouncing back and forth on her feet complaining that the line was taking too long and then she finally left for a different line. I wanted to tell her, if she can't handle it then don't come shopping on this day. It's HALF THE FUN LOL!

Anyways, I got up to the checkout and I had to pay $33 (including tax) for the activation. Then the $200 was mine to spend. He let me use part of the $200 to pay for the $60 vonage phone adapter and then the MP3 player that was about $140 and I had put LOST back (it's cheaper online right now anyways) so minus my $200 credit I spent about $28 there.. so about $60 total.

BUT GUESS WHAT. Between the Circuit City Rebates and the product rebates I have $130 in rebates $20 on the mp3player, $60 on the vonage adapter and then a $50 on that I did not know about for doing activation and purchasing the adapter at the same time.

WOOO WHOOOO.. THIS IS AWESOME. So, once I get that back in what... 6-8 weeks I will have went shopping for free.. isn't that awesome??????

PS>>>>> I hooked up the vonage already and it was easy as pie to hook up and it's crystal clear.. I was on the internet and phone at the same time and it seamed to be fine!!