How do you pay for BF?

luv2shopnc

CREDIT CARDS, thank you! It's safer than cash, offers cash-back or rewards, and allows me to take a 25 day interest-free loan at the expense of the credit card company (har, har).

Use a credit card, pay in full, get cash-back on purchases. Credit is not evil, it is your friend... if you use it wisely!

This was my 1st year setting up a Christmas Club account thru my employers credit union. I have a certain amt taken from each paycheck and Nov 1 the checks are ready to be mailed.

I am going to have the check mailed to my mother. That way she can hold on to it till the Wednesday before Thanksgiving then cash it. Otherwise I might spend it on other things....

CREDIT CARDS, thank you! It's safer than cash, offers cash-back or rewards, and allows me to take a 25 day interest-free loan at the expense of the credit card company (har, har).

Use a credit card, pay in full, get cash-back on purchases. Credit is not evil, it is your friend... if you use it wisely!

I'm right there with you. The perks keep getting more competitive - I pay with cc and pay it off. As long as I pay it off each month, they are rewarding me for items I was planning to purchase anyway, it's like being paid to shop! Can't beat it.

'Best Buy Bucks' at Best Buy :D, and a lil' mini debit card attached to my keychain everywhere else. :D Not gonna take many risks with all those pickpockets.

The funding itself will come from both the wife's and my extra paychecks next month. We both get paid bi-weekly, so if 'ya do the math that means you get an extra paycheck about every six months. Talk about perfect timing! :yup:

:gdthums:

Bingo. I charge absolutely everything.

I budget everything out so I know when to pay what - this year and last I just moved some bills around to different paychecks so I have almost one full paycheck to use on BF. Gets a bit tight before BF, but I'll survive :)

I've definately learned my lesson from charging all of Christmas :no:

I save all my change from one Thanksgiving til the next and cash it in plus i save cash each week- at least $20. I've never felt unsafe carrying cash on BF and that's how I prefer to do it since it's so easy to go over budget but if I did i'd just deposit it in my checking and use my debit card. Credit cards are just wayyyy too tempting for me on BF! :D

I was thinking about standing in line at Wal-Mart for one of the $398 laptops, and then reselling it before christmas. I would charge my BF goodies on AMEX and then use points to get more giftcards. THEN I would use the $ from the laptop to pay off the cc.

Maybe I should have saved more $ before now......

Guest lolwtfbbq
credit card, so if i have to return something or despute a charge, im not completely screwed. plus, i plan on selling most of the stuff i buy anyways, and if i cant sell it then ill just return it.