Who else is camping out at TRU Sat night?

momof5plus1hubby

I showed up at 5 am, got a Wii, two Elmos...and thanks to my brother showing up, I was able to give him $80 to get me two more Elmos.

My TRU had:

1 20gb PS3

5 60gb PS3

15 Wii

150 Elmos

Congrats!! I didn't get there till about 7:30. I scored 2 Elmo's and my mom came @ 9:00 and scored 2 more Elmos for me. I was pretty close to up front, probably saw ya, I should have held a sign up with my screen name. :D

I decided to head out in about an hour! 2 hours from now a friend and I will have started our long, cold camp out. Good luck to everyone thats going to get in line tonight!

We got in line at 4:30 PM. The first 2 people were just setting up when we arrived. We each got a PS3 60 GIG and a tickle me elmo. What a cold 18.5 hours. Can't wait til black friday!

Our TRU was handing out tickets first thing this morning for either Elmo or the new systems. The manager said he didn't want us to freeze standing in line. I got there around 8:30am, they opened at 10. There was only a couple of cars there and about 20 or 30 more tickets left for Elmo. I took 1 for my cousin's son. I'll look like the great Auntie this Christmas! :D

Congrats!! I didn't get there till about 7:30. I scored 2 Elmo's and my mom came @ 9:00 and scored 2 more Elmos for me. I was pretty close to up front, probably saw ya, I should have held a sign up with my screen name. :D

That's what we need, shits that say who we are so we can spot fellow gottadealers. I was the tallest guy in front of the door with a grey hoodie pullover on...standing next to a guy(my brother) with a 2 inch long mohawk type thingy. It sure was cold!!! What were you wearing? I took two pictures of the line with my phone so I may be able to spot you.

That's what we need, shits that say who we are so we can spot fellow gottadealers. I was the tallest guy in front of the door with a grey hoodie pullover on...standing next to a guy(my brother) with a 2 inch long mohawk type thingy. It sure was cold!!! What were you wearing? I took two pictures of the line with my phone so I may be able to spot you.

Shirts good idea.....another board I participate on, for Black Friday last year we wore tshirts with the name of the site. It was pretty cool. I believe I did see you, I remember a tall guy with a gray hoodie. I was sitting/standing along the side of the building, behind the 2 ladies sitting in chairs the whole time. Had on dark brown coat.

It was awful chilly out this morning.....my toes were freezing. :eek:

I was happy to get 4 elmos, little disappointed that one of the tickets they handed out to my mom was blank, or I would of had 5. My handicapped sister was with us, she was going to use one of the tickets. Maybe you saw me run over to the car, to say hi to her. We left her in the car to the last minute, before I drug the wheelchair out and got her in the store. My mom was further back in the line then I was.

Until Black Friday you mean!!!

I do got out on BF but never wait on line for 19 hours.Depending on what they have maybe 3 or 4 hours.I dont go for BB or CC stuff.Im a wlamrt/target/toysrus addict.But this year TRU is off my list.They wont take printed coupons and they dont price match anymore."They really know how to hurt a girl"(LOL)

Guest JeepMom

Check out this post for the shirts:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=50327

I scored a Wiii preorder and 2 Elmos. The line for the PS3 presales started Saturday afternoon at 2pm. The last one went to the dude that had been in line since 6pm Saturday afternoon. I got in line at 2am Sunday morning.

The manager had come out when the stored closed Saturday night and told them exactly what they had and the info was passed on to those that got there after that. Sad thing - no one believed the guys in the line and some folks that got there at like 4am missed out. They had correct information and then they got pissed when they didn't get a system. Even after TRU handed out a sheet of paper that said exactly how many systems they got in and people polled the line asking what everyone was getting they were still pissed.

You forgot how cold 40 degrees is sometimes - don't ya?

I now know what I need for BF!

Guest Deals4Mommy

No more systems for my son. He has a Nintendo 64, PS, PS2, and X-box. He tried asking for one of the new systems, but enough is enough. I can afford the systems, but its the games that kill you.

As for the TMX Elmos, thank god I have too old of children for those. I only camp out on BF lol

Elena, don't pay FULL price for the games. Get them used at stores like Gamestop or EB Games. Also, wait for them to go on sale at CC & BB. The older titles go down to around $19.99 after 12 months or less. The have names like Greatest Hits or Player's Choice, depending on the system console they play on. Around the holidays, those $19.99 games go on sale with prices like 2/$35 or 2/$30.

But the most cost efficient is trading in old games for other games at Gamestop and similar stores. When kids flip(complete all missions) a game, they are ready for a new one. They hardly care to keep that particular game and play it over and over. So, trading is great. When my sons are finished with the games they get off trade, they just trade them back in...LOL. They hardly ever pay anything and if they do, it's not that much.

Remember this one thing: The game is always new to them if they've never played it, no matter how old the game is. ;)

I went to go pick up my paycheck Friday night and saw that 3 guys were already in line. I found out that our store would only be giving out 8 PS3 (7 60GB and 1 20Gb), so I hoped in line. My dad was nice enough to sleep over the first night and I relieved him Saturday morning. Slept over with him Saturday night and woke up early in the morning to shower and get ready to work. It was fun/tiring charging people for pre-orders I was waiting in line with. I ended up getting two 60GB PS3s and one elmo. Our store was allotted 20 Wiis and 138 Elmos.