Anyone else disappointed so far???? << merged >>

3rdcharm

BB was ok mostly for dvds and cds but I was hoping for good deals on camcorders. I need the other ads. I'm getting a little sad I can't get into the Black Friday spirit cause all these stupid stores are holding thier ads so close. Come on, there's only about 2 weeks left, let the ads go. :lolrun::runaway::g_shrug:

I'm not seeing anything to camp out for, my son is disappointed, he went with me for the 1st time last year & was the 1st in Wal-Marts while the rest of us got crushed in the door! One good shove & he popped right thru! So unless some new ads show up, I'm sleeping in!

I've been doing this for about 5 years now and kind of enjoy it, but for the most part it seems to me that the stores always have the same type of items on sale. Haven't seen anything yet myself. I keep reading about how Walmart is so great. But I have to say I think every year our Walmart has a fight and last year someone had a heart attack. I went there one and left, because the lines were the longest I had ever seen and decided I didn't really want the item I went there for. I know my shopping needs have changed, and didn't see anything I really had to get last year, but went anyway, because it has become like tradition.

i guess i am disappointed with the sales. but you can't go wrong with the dvd sales they have this year, although i am a bit disppointed with the sale selection of dvds.... i really wanted to get a DS Lite but so far from the ads there really isn't gonna be a sale on it this year on bf.... so i guess i will go with the Wal-Mart sale of the DS lite they have this week...

right now, i am wondering what is going on with these retail's heads right now..... These sales are medicore to say the least.

I'm disappointed. Walmart usually has a few things I REALLY want to grab, but this year only one or two that I really care about. There's a few I'd like to get, but don't care if I don't.

That is exactly how I feel! I kinda want the rocker and a couple of toys, but if I don't get them...oh well! I have seen about eight things that I want a BB and three I want at CC. I am really getting antsy about Target and Staples.:smirk:

I'm so torn - I don't know if I'm disappointed. I love the sneak peaks & I feel I'm becoming compulsive each time I check back - I think I've become addicted to this site -- but I think my mind is rejecting them --there's just something about diving into the Thanksgiving paper to see the colorful ads. I guess I'm a victim of marketing & advertising.

I was being optimistic-now I'm totally bummed! (maybe I need a shopping fix) Any I am disappointed with Walmart's ad and nothing really great at BB either. Keeping my fingers crossed for Target.

I am so disappointed in WalMart...I thought there were pages of sales last year, and I don't see one single item I'd get out of bed in the middle of the night for....not everyone is looking for electronics and preschool toys. So sad....bummer.

Dear Wal-Mart Execs,

We just want to let you know that the Gottadeal community is not impressed with your ad. With all of the "uproar" about your record-breaking projections for the holiday spending season, we feel that you have let us down. Why would you work us up like that, and then hand out these crappy deals? You have been punked by both Best Buy and Circuit City so far, and we predict that Target is going to blow you out of the water.

What happened to your famous "Roll-Back" prices? and your amazing deals on big ticket items, like TV's and DVD players? We must say, we are SORELY disappointed.

So WALMART, go in the corner and hide your little happy face in shame. "Merry Christmas" isn't going to save you now.

Sincerely, The Gottadeal Community:squint:

BF for me is all about my kids, has been since my son was 2 months old (tho I've snagged a few things for hub too).

But overall the sales haven't peaked my interest this year. Maybe 1 thing here, 1 thing there. Unless Target has something incredible, I'll sleep in.

OK now that most of the ads are up I can finally say I'm NOT impressed. Wow I'm finding it hard to be excited anymore for BF this year. I'm almost having to search for things to buy just to give me a reason to go this year. Normally it's not searching for something to buy, but more of which one to buy (color,size etc.) or how many. This is really sad! With each Ad that comes out and it being kind of a let down I've been holding out with hopes of the next one, but then that next one comes out and still not much to get excited over. Hmm Maybe I'm just spoiled from the past years with finding so much to buy. Oh well here in Cleveland we're use to the saying "There's Always Next Year!!" rofl

I can't believe for the first time in 14 years I have no reason to roll out of bed. I was hoping for some leapster deals, bratz ice champions.. heck bratz anything. Game boy deals ect.. I have found nothing really on sale for the child in the 7 to 11 yr. old range at all.

Come on Target!!! Otherwise, I'm going to finish all my shopping this week and SLEEP IN for once on black friday.

:gdcat3: Looks like I'll get to sleep in the BF unless Target has a great deal to get up and out the door by 3 am. I live 45 minutes from the nearest target but nothing around me worth getting up for and I live all year for BF. Held back some BF mad money, looks like I can start spending it. Hoping for other deals to come from walmart because everything I saw listed is the early bird and they usually have other items on sale I don't have to fight over.:gdfight:

BF looks to be pretty lame this yr with most ads out.:(

32" LCD TVs, 19" LCDs, Low End PCs and Laptops have all been priced as good or better pre-BF.:(

I might go to sears 1st thing and buy some tools. Its the only store that holds any interest for me.

I was very disappointed by Wal-Mart's ad this year and said as much to a family member that has just started working there. They told me they had heard rumors that WM is planning a few surprise items this year so I'm holding out a little hope that there will still be some good stuff coming. If not it's BB first for me this year!

Rats!! I was so looking forward to the Staples ad.........what a disappointment!! I'm not sure there is even anything there worth it! I was checking out the Western Digital external hard drive, but I want one that has software that will allow me to schedule backups and I can't find if this one will do that or not.

And........Where is Norton Systemworks???? McAfee and my computer don't like each other at all and they "fight" constantly. When I first got this computer I put McAfee on and it wouldn't work at all. Called Dell and they told me that a lot of people have problems with McAfee. I changed to Norton and it works perfectly. I can't believe the NO ONE so far has Norton!!!! For the last two years Staples has had it free after MIR.