New Baby Alive dolls - hot or not?

sleepyshopper

Tons of them at my Walmart in Lancaster, Pa

That doll was a mess. You think she is getting clean, but after continued use she will begin to smell and the food will rot in the stomache. About ten years ago she was recalled for worms growing in her stomache.

This one is a NO GO for my daughter. I know my Mother threw mine out in the 70's from belly smell and rot. Then in the 90's they had problems again. Too much $$ to "hope" the fixed the flaws.

Baby Annabelle is my daughter's favorite doll. You won't be disappointed and ZAFP Stands 100% behind their products. My daughter's Annabelle stopped crying. I call the company in Fl. I sent her back and they reshipped a new one. Without a reciept no less!

Baby Alive dolls are sold out at every store I was in yesterday (Toys R Us, Walmart and Target). Personally I think they are wierd looking but it loos like they are definitely hot this year.

Weird looking? I think they are evil looking......... hahahahahahahahah

Hi All,

I have noticed that the New Baby Alive dolls are starting to fly off the shelves....do you think they are gonna be hard to find near Christmas??? Should I pick one up now while I still can??

Personally I think they are UGLY! Your DN wants one, but she also want the CHU Chu doll. Guess which one I am pushing for..LOL.

Yes they seem like they might me a Hot item.

Personally I think they are UGLY! Your DN wants one, but she also want the CHU Chu doll. Guess which one I am pushing for..LOL.

Yes they seem like they might me a Hot item.

Your DN also wants it and the CHou CHou...............I think she has enough dolls as it is, but what are ya gonna do

Tons of them at my Walmart in Lancaster, Pa

That doll was a mess. You think she is getting clean, but after continued use she will begin to smell and the food will rot in the stomache. About ten years ago she was recalled for worms growing in her stomache.

This one is a NO GO for my daughter. I know my Mother threw mine out in the 70's from belly smell and rot. Then in the 90's they had problems again. Too much $$ to "hope" the fixed the flaws.

Baby Annabelle is my daughter's favorite doll. You won't be disappointed and ZAFP Stands 100% behind their products. My daughter's Annabelle stopped crying. I call the company in Fl. I sent her back and they reshipped a new one. Without a reciept no less!

If you notice the instructions that come with her it says after feeding her for the day feed her a bottle of warm water to clean her out.This way she wont stink...

If you notice the instructions that come with her it says after feeding her for the day feed her a bottle of warm water to clean her out.This way she wont stink...

Yeah, but how many little girls are going to remember to do this? What will most likely happen is that the girl will feed her, get tired of her and throw her in the toy box. 2 months later you're digging through her toy box trying to find the source of the mysterious odor, and you find baby alive stinkin to high heaven with maggots coming out of her "crevices".

Yeah, but how many little girls are going to remember to do this? What will most likely happen is that the girl will feed her, get tired of her and throw her in the toy box. 2 months later you're digging through her toy box trying to find the source of the mysterious odor, and you find baby alive stinkin to high heaven with maggots coming out of her "crevices".

Well being the fact these dolls are for LITTLE girls i guess its up to the parent to clean her.

I just picked one of these up for my daughter. I think it is an UGLY baby doll, but she really wanted it. So it was on sale at TRU for 39.99.

Just an FYI, after reading reviews it seems you should only use half a food packet at a time or the diapers leak.:yuck: Also, many reviews said much cleaner and cheaper to buy a store brand of newborn size diapers. The ones that say Baby Alive on them are more than 3 times the price if you consider how many you get in a pack.

Today I was at SAm's Club and they had Baby Alive Bonus set for $54. She was cute!!! I didn't know she talked AND her mouth moves. Not scary at all! She came with a carrier, food, diapers, bottle and sippy cup and an outfit. I think I'll be getting her for my 2 yr old Goddaughter. I know she's a bit young, so I dont think I'll get her this set, Just the doll.

My hubby got 2 today at kmart..the last 2 african american ones...;) Walmart just got some today ...know that because I called last night they had none and I was in store tonight and I saw maybe 5 of them..the white ones. My husband picked them up for 43.00 each....I see on ebay they are going for 50,60+++..I think it will be a hotttt item....its cute..the eyes are a little woo-hoo just like that dora doll...the fairy one that walmart has for 25.00 right now...Keep in mind that anyone that has the toys r us big book....I think if you find them at walmart they will match the price..Walmart has them for 50.00. Toys r us is also sold out...keep looking..if your in western ny let me know. I am in Niagara falls area and will look if you need one...

I had got the Caucasian Baby Alive in toysrus 2 weeks ago because I couldn't find the Hispanic one. Last night I ordered the hispanic one on hasbro.com. So if anyone needs the Caucasian Baby Alive let me know. I will sell it for what I paid plus shipping.

*Doll is taken

I bought one for my daughter and took it back the same day. They are junk. The ask to be fed every 15 minutes and don't quit. We went through the baby food in 1 hour. You put the food in it's mouth and wash it down with water. Then you have to change the diaper. Save your money....

I had got the Caucasian Baby Alive in toysrus 2 weeks ago because I couldn't find the Hispanic one. Last night I ordered the hispanic one on hasbro.com. So if anyone needs the Caucasian Baby Alive let me know. I will sell it for what I paid plus shipping.

*Doll is taken

I took your advise and ordered the African American one from off of hasbro.com along with the ten package of food and got the free shipping. I paid ten dollar more for the doll, but I'm glad I did.

Thanks

I took your advise and ordered the African American one from off of hasbro.com along with the ten package of food and got the free shipping. I paid ten dollar more for the doll, but I'm glad I did.

Thanks

You're welcome.

My daughter liked hers for like 1 day and now sits in her room. She plays with the dolls that don't do anything more than this doll. I do have to admit that I'm not too keen on buying extras for the doll......that's where all the money will be made. I refused to buy more diapers but rather found some preemies instead......much much cheaper than buying the refills for the actual doll. I think this doll is just one of those items that is hot only because the girls want them but after they play with it for a while it will become garage sale foder.