How do you feel about shopping for people who are too "lazy" to shop for themselves?

queenki

I will only get things for others if they are physically unable to go. I have found that if you say you will get things for others on BF, there is no end to it. I tried that before and before I knew it several people were asking and saying,"Since you are getting something for so and so, will you pick up some things for me?" and things like that. I will pick things up for someone who is getting things for me at another store though!LOL That's a great trade off IMO!

I have no problem getting anything for my grandparents, or a sick relative, etc. I will even go out of my way for them (include it in my game plan). But I am talking about someone who is just plain LAZY:gdsleep: meaning they just dont want to go out because you are going and they want a ton of things. If I am getting the same item, its not a problem to pick up an additional item, but usually its things that are out of my way, or at a store I have no interests at.

And my car doesnt run off of purchases either, I am going to have to remember that one. :D

Absolutely! For those who cannot get out in the madness themselves I wouldn't have a problem getting what they desire (of course as long as its accessible :P ). As you said I too would include it into my game plan. I just would have to lay out the aforementioned rules ;) for those who are able.

:D

My sister and I go together. My mom works every BF- but she could take off. She is the manager w/ the most senority at her place of work. So, it does irk me a little when her excuse every year is she has to work. However, we usually do make some effort to get the things she wants. It's funny though cause she'll give me a list and money for the things for my sister's family, then she gives her a list and money for the things for me and my family. We both know and see what is being bought......we usually do the if you see grab it method especially when it's opening at Walmart and such.

Also, my grandma usually wants 1 or 2 things. She's in her 80's very frail, wheelchair bound, and on oxygen 24/7. I don't think she'd make it through BF- so we also try to get what she wants as well.

I hate it, hate it, hate it! My sister-in-law is probably the laziest person on the planet. Not only do my wife & I have to shop for the entire family, but if I want my kids to get something they want from their aunt then I'm probably going to be the one buying the gifts.

This has been the case since my kids were born and it's not only for Xmas, but birthdays and any other special ocassions. I could understand it if she had a busy schedule or something, but she's a stay at home mom with kids that are at school during the day. It just bugs the hell out of me when I think about how much thought/effort goes into getting her kids what they want, and how little she puts into doing for my kids........ :mad:

What I don't like is when people will ask me to pick up something on bf and it is for me for Christmas!! Seems so bizarre to be purchasing your own gift because they didn't want to go and get it. On the flip side, we have Shopko here that they don't, but still.... Other than that, no one in my family really gets excited about bf, but then they all want to know how to get deals like I do :rolleyes:

I don't mind helping out others, like for my grandmothers, neither of them can get out in the mess of BF, so I'll pick up stuff for them if they see it in the ads and want it. Or, if someone has to work and can't go, I don't mind it then...but if they can get up and go and they don't...I'm not gonna break my neck for them...I'll see what I can do and that's all I can promise!:)

My best friend always ends up shopping for other family members, but she considers it a fair trade because they usually watch her kids while she shops. Her hubby usually has to work so her MIL watches the kids and my friend does her shopping plus some stuff MIL asked for. Seems like a fair trade to me!

my items (family's) first and if its the same item i am getting then yes..but otherwise if it beyond my reach..nope....unless im in a group and someone else finds it or gets it...so it all depends what ppl are looking for and getting...and the sales of course...nobody knows whats on sale yet..except us die hardies out here....lol

Oh I LOVE wrapping everything. I love to see how many different ways to use ribbon, tie ons, or whatever to decorate the packages.

One year my MIL told me she was running behind and didn't know when or if she'd get to wrapping everyones stuff so I told her I'd do it. Well she had a roomFULL! LOL Once in awhile she'd come to see if I was ok and kept passing a beer around the door of the bedroom! It was too funny! I told her if she kept giving me beer I'm not responsible what they look like in the end. :eyepoppin They turned out fine.

I could probably tolerate wrapping if beer was involved. I can't stand wrapping!!

There is only one reason for me to get up before the sun comes up---and I figure if I can get my own lazy butt out of bed then so can anybody else!! Most people roll thier eyes and tell our group how crazy we are...but I figure there are lots of other crazy people out there so I may as well go and be where I am understood!! If someone gives me too much grief, I don't shop for thier gift that day....

I don't mind buying stuff for other people as long as I get what I am going for. The way I look at it is I am there already.

I don't mind either, I look forward to BF all year - As far as I'm concerned, it's one less person in-line, crabbin' about the crowd or in my way.

I pick up a lot for my babysitter - she's usually watching someone's kids plus she does a lot of favors for me throughout the year. Or is it's something that someone in my family wants and they don't have the store in the town where they live. They know that I tend to get really organized about how I do everything.

i had a GREAT experience today(the walmart thing that had deals like BF) ..

my bro was over and i mentioned to him the sales and asked if he was going.. he wasnt. i said ok ok. he asked why i told him if he was going i was gonna ask him to pick up one thing if they had it (of course after his own shopping) well he turned around and said something like "no ,but if you want to go ill take you"i asked him if he was sure,cause i know how much of a hastle it is to take me out.(for them as well as for me..currently i cant even stand on my own none the less walk). he told me yes. well he did come and took me out. i dont get out often and doubt i will be able to go out BF cause it would slow someone else down. but this was so fun for me. im so glad he DIDNT just pick up my item,.:)

Agreed that my needs come first if I am the one fighting the crowds and standing in the cold. I do, however, shop for my mother. She is willing to get out there (68 years old), but I feel much better letting her play with the grandkids while I do the grunt work. My mom's an angel!!!

Agreed that my needs come first if I am the one fighting the crowds and standing in the cold. I do, however, shop for my mother. She is willing to get out there (68 years old), but I feel much better letting her play with the grandkids while I do the grunt work. My mom's an angel!!!

• 2 weeks later...