How do you feel about shopping for people who are too "lazy" to shop for themselves?

queenki

I dont mind doing it if I get the money up front. I got the camera for my mom last year, she gave me the money before hand because it was $200, if it something cheap I wouldnt have her give me the money I trust her, others not so much. A friend a couple of years ago wanted me to pick up a tv for her she didnt have a sitter, she has got stuff from me and never paid me back so I lied and said I forgot.

If they plan to wake up early to shop online and try to get some things for me, I would do it. I would also do it if the person usually doesn't ask for favors and just wants one or two things.

I have already announced that I will be doing my own shopping and they will have to get whatever they need themselves. Several people begged me to get popular things in the past, even to stores I wasn't planning on going to, and I have done it for them. This year, no one wants to watch the baby for me so they can just do it themselves!

As long as it does not take me out of my way. Like a couple times I was picking up certain toys for my son and a friend of mine wanted the same toys for her little one. So it was not a big deal for me to help her out. But I am not going to any store that I was not intending on going to for someone who could get up and out themselves.:no:

We always go to my aunts for Thanksgiving Dinner and we look at the ads together. If she sees something she wants, I will get it for her. She's not able to go out for herself, she has a bad heart. On the otherhand, if someone was perfectly able to go out for themselves, I wouldn't pick up anything for them. Way I look at it, why should I freeze my butte off while they are laying at home in a nice warm bed.

I would help out - but I would get the items I need first.

I think I'm going to work out a trade this year. "Yeah, I'll pick up what you need - as long as you wrap everything I buy." :D

id jump on that deal! and im sure a lot of people would,who cant go out

I would help out - but I would get the items I need first.

I think I'm going to work out a trade this year. "Yeah, I'll pick up what you need - as long as you wrap everything I buy." :D

Oh I LOVE wrapping everything. I love to see how many different ways to use ribbon, tie ons, or whatever to decorate the packages.

One year my MIL told me she was running behind and didn't know when or if she'd get to wrapping everyones stuff so I told her I'd do it. Well she had a roomFULL! LOL Once in awhile she'd come to see if I was ok and kept passing a beer around the door of the bedroom! It was too funny! I told her if she kept giving me beer I'm not responsible what they look like in the end. :eyepoppin They turned out fine.

Oh I LOVE wrapping everything. I love to see how many different ways to use ribbon, tie ons, or whatever to decorate the packages.

One year my MIL told me she was running behind and didn't know when or if she'd get to wrapping everyones stuff so I told her I'd do it. Well she had a roomFULL! LOL Once in awhile she'd come to see if I was ok and kept passing a beer around the door of the bedroom! It was too funny! I told her if she kept giving me beer I'm not responsible what they look like in the end. :eyepoppin They turned out fine.

That is too funny. Did wrapping that many burn you out? I like wrapping about 5 after that I hate it.

I say, no thanks. :) That's why I'm against all this stuff I hear people talking about like buying the item in advance and trying to price match on black friday, or these new best buy personalized service deals... the hardcore shoppers should love to get up early and get into the thick of things!

Never had any neighbors who have asked me to buy anything. If they did, I wouldn't mind as long as it was at the store I was going too and they gave me cash up front. I would let them know though, I come first and once I get my items then I would pick up theres. lol

Last year I picked up a ton of stuff for a friend. It was all at a store I was going to anyway, but it doubled my pile there and slowed me down considerably. In return I asked her to run to toys-r-us for me for one item. It was on sale friday and saturday but she couldn't be bothered to haul her butt into the store and get it or a rain check. Thanks to her "help" I saved her over $60 and cost myself $30 + 20 extra minutes. NEVER AGAIN!

We do get for my BIL, but only because he wants the same thing thing that we are getting at Staples....... Norton FAR. But I would definately not get someone's entire wish list, especially if it meant that I would miss some of mine.

Of course we don't buy for very many people anymore, no little kids to buy for. Don't have very many family members left around here.

I have been shopping with my cousins wife for about 3 years, she is always as excited as I am. But no one else is. They all want us to get them stuff be we always have a lot of things to get for ourselves. Is it mean to say no to those lazy people?:gdsleep3:

Nope. I wouldn't have a problem saying no to those people who are able to go BF shopping themselves. There are so many situations that could deter one from enjoying their experience with 'extra' stuff to get (imo).

Lets say for example that someone wants you to get them a special type of Barbie and you aren't even heading towards that aisle that can 1) Make you get off your game plan 2) Due to the extra turn- could make you stay in line longer and possibly make you miss out on another deal thats at another store. Then worst case scenario could be that you run into some rude crazy BF shopper thats stare is so filled with hot hunger that she makes you look like Frosty The Snow(wo)man. :cheesy:

On the flip side if I were to go BF shopping for an able person (which is a wide stretch) It would be ~

1) Someone who I asked, as in 'Do you want me to pick up something for you?'

2) The money would have to be upfront.

3) I would let them know in my asking- that I would be able to do so if/when all my shopping is complete or I am in that section and am willing to pick up ___ amount/type of items.

4) The fee of gas money would be discussed...sorry but my car doesn't run on 'purchases'. ;)

#4 I kidd....kinda. :P

I usually shop for other people - but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Of course, I get what's on my list first unless they are needing something that is liable to go fast, and then I'm usually picking up 2 - one for me, and one for someone else.

My niece used to shop BF with me, even though she didn't have kids she just went to help me. Well this year she has a newborn, and her dh always works BF, so I'll be taking care of HER this year. :yup:

My mil, well, she usually only wants a couple of things, but really - she'd get hurt on BF, and she stays the night at my house on Thanksgiving so my dh can go shopping with me and we don't have to wake up the kids - so of course I'll shop for her. :D She's my absolute favorite person on BF morning!

A girlfriend of mine usually has me pick up one or two things - but then, we swap. We go to different stores and pick up what we can for each other.

For me, BF is all about teamwork - I'll even help complete strangers get what they want if I can. Since I'm usually at the front of the line, I generally can't really get past the throng anyways, so rather than fight the crowd, I help them so I have an easier path out. :fluffy:

I've never had any problems getting everything I want on BF while still helping other people.

Nope. I wouldn't have a problem saying no to those people who are able to go BF shopping themselves. There are so many situations that could deter one from enjoying their experience with 'extra' stuff to get (imo).

Lets say for example that someone wants you to get them a special type of Barbie and you aren't even heading towards that aisle that can 1) Make you get off your game plan 2) Due to the extra turn- could make you stay in line longer and possibly make you miss out on another deal thats at another store. Then worst case scenario could be that you run into some rude crazy BF shopper thats stare is so filled with hot hunger that she makes you look like Frosty The Snow(wo)man. :cheesy:

On the flip side if I were to go BF shopping for an able person (which is a wide stretch) It would be ~

1) Someone who I asked, as in 'Do you want me to pick up something for you?'

2) The money would have to be upfront.

3) I would let them know in my asking- that I would be able to do so if/when all my shopping is complete or I am in that section and am willing to pick up ___ amount/type of items.

4) The fee of gas money would be discussed...sorry but my car doesn't run on 'purchases'. ;)

#4 I kidd....kinda. :P

I have no problem getting anything for my grandparents, or a sick relative, etc. I will even go out of my way for them (include it in my game plan). But I am talking about someone who is just plain LAZY:gdsleep: meaning they just dont want to go out because you are going and they want a ton of things. If I am getting the same item, its not a problem to pick up an additional item, but usually its things that are out of my way, or at a store I have no interests at.

And my car doesnt run off of purchases either, I am going to have to remember that one. :D

usually no, let the lazy ones get up. But last year it worked in my favor. At kb toys they were giving I think a 10-20 gc if you spent over 100.00. The things I wanted from there did not make it to 100.00 but when I added my lazy friends things it did! And if they want stuff from kohls, you could make out too because they usually give you 10 kohl bucks back for every 50 you spend.