How do you feel about shopping for people who are too "lazy" to shop for themselves?

queenki

I have been shopping with my cousins wife for about 3 years, she is always as excited as I am. But no one else is. They all want us to get them stuff but we always have a lot of things to get for ourselves. Is it mean to say no to those lazy people?:gdsleep3:

My dad gives me 600 dollars and tells me to spend 100 on each kid and 50 on me and DH. I am usually happy about this, but then I have to figure out what to get and then I have to wrap it LOL. I like to get tons of small gifts so it looks like he got them alot:D Nowadays it is sometimes hard with 100 dollars.:(

My dad gives me 600 dollars and tells me to spend 100 on each kid and 50 on me and DH. I am usually happy about this, but then I have to figure out what to get and then I have to wrap it LOL. I like to get tons of small gifts so it looks like he got them alot:D Nowadays it is sometimes hard with 100 dollars.:(

This is what my parents do, they give us money so if I want to spend it at that time I can. I use to shop for all three sets of grandparents and it was too much, I was doing all the shopping (of course not all on BF) but its a hassle so I tell the grandparents they can either give them money or I will have the kids send them online wish list from different stores etc and they can pick. So far, they have just given money!

Actually when people find out I go out.. I hear more ridicule that anything. Seriously. I live in a small town where people DO NOT SHOP SALES!! All we have is Walmart- so we do get a crown that morning with it supporting around 70-80k people in the area. Nobody ever wants anything..they just act like it would be beneath them!!LOL!! I save money, they don't.

If they are able to go shopping but choose not too .. I usually tell them yeah .. I'll get what you want .. then after all MY shopping is complete I'll look for their stuff. I normally don't end up getting them anything on their list tho .. that's too bad for them - huh?

Guest bluesrule9

I agree with the tdanette.

And you guys know, some people are just not good with crowds etc.

Me, I thrive on the "thrill of the chase"....

i would say id get it foer myself first ...then the other person... if they want the same thing im gettign and i can pick up 2 i will..though this year i might be the one askign someone to get me something...actually i wont ...id miss out,cause im not about to bother someone else ..plus i got so much from amazon and overstock already.

I don't mind picking up stuff for others. But if it's the last one and I'm after it too...it's mine! lol

My brother slept late last year and I knew that he really wanted to get the Spongebob tv and dvd player for his daughter. So I put it in layaway for him before I left Walmart. He seen all the deals I got last year, so I'm sure he'll get to moving this year..lol.

So far I haven't had anyone ask me to pick up anything. I probably would tho. But I have to take care of my family first. I definitely would help a shut in without a doubt. My mom is 74 yrs old now, and the year before last, she actually came into town to go out with us. Most ppl I know tho said it's not worth the hassle of the craziness. I think it is. With a big family like I have, I need to save whatever I can.