Pregnant women and BF

luv2shopnc

All of you pregnant ladies plan ahead - go for breakfast at Denny's or an all night place b4 u go out and make sure you are careful about pushing shopping carts 'specially at wally world. people get really pushy and the carts can cause some nasty bumps and bruises and wouldn't be good for a baby bearing belly - pregnant ladies don't bother me, people who bring babies or little kids along are completely nuts!

Hi...I delivered my daughter nov 28th..two yrs ago..Last yr I was 5 months pregnant with my son and ya know what? I pushed my way through there(walmart)...with a cart. Girls..I got everything I wanted....People actually used me. When I was pregnant 2 yrs ago I did kb and it was a small store and people thought I was on a suicide mission but everyone talked to me(always alone bf) But I say hey..if shes not waddling too much..lol..take her along!!! P.s. Any western ny'ers wanna join forces this yr? Amhearst area..

I no longer go after being hit with a cart when I was pregnant about 7 months and getting pinned between two carts when about 8 months pregnant with my 2nd baby. People are very rude. I did go a little at calmer times throughout the holiday but only with my hubby. I made him run interference!!! The post by sevirj sounds like my guy!!! :D

I was 9 months preggo black friday 7 years ago, jammed between my cart and others in front of and behind me in Toys R Us. I started having labor pains, yes I did, and couldn't get out of there, short of crawling across carts. I called a friend to pick me up at the door as I was standing in line. People couldn't let me in front of them as we were jammed up and I couldn't go back...2 hours later I checked out, left my stuff with service desk, jumped in friends car, went to hospital. 3 hours later, had kidney stone............10 days later beautiful baby boy with lots of great black friday toys for christmas.........

I was 8 months preggo with twins last BF. Waiting in line at 5:30 am for Menards. We were bundled up so much you couldn't tell whether I was fat or preggo. But some people did notice inside the store when I took the jacket off to be cool. I was at Best Buy later that day and waited in line for 2 hours trying to find anything to sit on. Thankfully the shelves held up nicely. I went home after that and put my feet up for the rest of the day.

Put a maternity top on and look helpless!

You know on BF people actually are quite rude equally to all, including preggos. They sure don't whisper when they criticize the preggo for being out and they don't hold back with the cart crush...........:yup:

Originally Posted by msharpsteen

I'll be 20 weeks along as well (when are you due pinkroses? We're 4/16)-nothing will stop me on BF! I plan to get up just as early as always, although 2nd trimester is cake compared to 8 mo. I'd maybe sing a different tune if I were that far along. Peeing would definately be an issue.

I am due 4/12! I normally am sick the entire pregnancy, and was worried that I wouldn't get to go, but thanks to the wonderful drug zofran, I am actually feeling decent. I do pass out the second half of my pregnancies, but hopefully that won't have started at 20 weeks. I would not attempt to go by myself though.

Lots of April babies gonna be born I see. I'm gonna be a gramma for the first time around then. My Daughter is due right along with you 2. She's due on 4/17. Good luck to ya both! ;)

I am going this year closing in on 7 months pregnant and think itll be fun. Last year my sister was 8 months pregnant and she did fine. We went in a group and used her for line holding purposes. (So less pushing, and fighting for the good stuff). You might suggest you getting her items and her holding your place in line. (Its a win win situation!!!) It killed like an hour at Best Buy for our group.

In 2002 I was a week overdue. I thought maybe all the walking around might move things along a little, and maybe I might get some pregnant lady perks. Nope on both accounts, a man actually ran over me with a shopping cart at Kmart, and never even slowed down - and that stubborn kid didn't come for another week!

Guest kathybmb
i would just warn her to keep a grip on the carriage so no one jams it into her belly . when i go bf shopping usually we take separate cars so once the door open we don't have to wait or look for each other.. the thrill of togetherness ends once those door open..we wish each other good luck and promise to call ya later... if we were to follow each other around i would keep in touch with cell phones or the two mile range walkie talkies my kids have.

I have a friend who is 7 months pregnant and wants to tag along with me on BF. I am a bit hesitate b/c I she may slow me down but primarily I am worried about her safety. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks

my due date just happened to fall on black friday last year =) i went, of course. i did wonderful. if you could have seen the looks on people's faces when they asked when i was due and i said 'TODAY!' :eyepoppin

I've never been pregnant during BF. Hoping I will be this year. But I've been in very crowded situations during pregnancy, and I automatically always crossed my arms over my belly. ;) Also, I never slowed down. 25 weeks pg with twins, measuring over 45 weeks and I was still buzzing around everywhere! :)

• 2 weeks later...

There's something about maternity tops that can make a woman in her 2nd month look like she's 2 months past due. :tongue1:

I went when I was about 5 months and people were great! Makes me want to put on a maternity top and stick my belly way out this year!! I even had people let me go in front of them in line because I said I had to use the restroom! (But then again, it was a woman with 2 small kids with her!)

Seriously, take snacks in your purse and a bottle of water and go slow! She should do fine as long as she doesn't go for the $300 computers!

if i need to go out on BF, i will be 34 weeks pg. Right now i am on modified bedrest, so we will see how it goes in the nexr couple weeks. I am actually not due until 12/31, but with some BP issues creeping up on me, my dr is wanting me to deliver at 37-38 weeks. but with BF being on friday, my DD's 4th bday is the next tuesday and i want her to have some nice things! When she was born(november 28, 2002) that was actually thanksgiving day that year! and no, i didnt go out the next day.... though if i could have i would've, lol.