Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

>>> Official Black Friday DIGITAL CAMERA Discussion Thread <<<

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#91 imaznareyou  OFFLINE  

imaznareyou

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 12, 2006 - 11:50 pm

Honestly speaking guys, spend a little more and just get the $200 cameras. You'll be much happier with the results, I guarantee it. Go for the Canon or the Nikon, best deal I've seen so far, the SD600 offered by CC seems to be the best deal, Canons give great picture qualities, not to mention its slim enough to carry around.

#92 tagej  OFFLINE  

tagej

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 13, 2006 - 5:05 am

I'm looking for a Canon Rebel xti w/lens for under $800. I've seen lots of store ads in NYC that sell for less. We bought our video camera that way and did well with price and service.
Would be happy to buy locally if I could find a good price.
Does anyone think there will be good deals for BF sales on this particular camera?
I saw something at circuit city back in october for this camera at $709. but that sale is over.

New to this forum, thanks for any help!

I'm very disappointed with the deals on SLR cameras this year. CC has the XTi kit for $799 on BF. Yay, it normally (currently) sells at CC for $799 and for less at various places on the 'net. Am I missing something? I'm looking for the Canon XTi (kit or body) or the Nikon D80 kit or body, but so far it doesn't look like black friday has much to offer in terms of slr's.:(

#93 MrSelfDestruct  OFFLINE  

MrSelfDestruct

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 13, 2006 - 7:43 am

Where did you see the CC offer? I need to get a PSP- which I know isn't going to be on sale (possible bundle offer) and Guitar Hero 2 and I could get those and get a total over $249.

walmart has the PSP on sale, I believe its 149.99 on BF.
Check out their BF ad

#94 left210  OFFLINE  

left210

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 13, 2006 - 11:22 am

So anyone have any input on which cameras on BF in the $80-$100 are the best deals for a teenager? I see this has been asked but no answers yet. Where are all of you digital camera gurus? Please share your opinions.

#95 jlb582  OFFLINE  

jlb582

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 13, 2006 - 11:32 am

What are you using it for? Just pictures of your friends? Will you be blowing the pics up to 8 x 10?

#96 left210  OFFLINE  

left210

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 13, 2006 - 11:46 am

She will probably just use it for pictures of friends and family. I highly doubt she would be blowing any pictures up but if so it would only be to 5X7.

#97 jlb582  OFFLINE  

jlb582

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 13, 2006 - 12:02 pm

I'm definitely not an expert, but I think the Kodak Easy Share 5 MP would work great for what she needs it for, BB 79.99. or the CC one with the printer dock for 99.99 after rebate. Others would probably disagree with me, but from my own experience, these are great and easy to use. I would make sure it has at least 3 x optical zoom first though.

#98 Woody67  OFFLINE  

Woody67

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 13, 2006 - 2:07 pm

I just saw that Target's got a Kodak 6 MP camera for $98. I have two Kodak's in the family, and they have been great (easy to use, reliable, great pictures). I would recommend that one for a first time user. I am holding out to see if someone will feature the new 8MP from Kodak for me.

#99 disgrajak  OFFLINE  

disgrajak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 13, 2006 - 2:22 pm

I bought the c633 Kodak (6.1mp) from Target today (the one that will be on sale for $98 on BF) and will go back on BF (or the day after since it's a two day ad) to get a price adjustment. Just thought I'd give the heads up that they are in the stores if anyone is interested in getting one. I've never bought a digital camera before, so I hope I made a decent choice. Does anyone think that I should wait and get the 5mp Kodak plus printer dock from CC??? Or am I better off with more with the one I already bought? Any ideas? I am truly clueless.:yup:

#100 Guest_ladakn99_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_ladakn99_*
  • Member since --

Posted Nov 13, 2006 - 2:32 pm

how is that samsung camera the A700 i think, it's 7.2MP and it's at circuit city for $130. anyone have any opinion on that.

#101 cinnamon16201  OFFLINE  

cinnamon16201

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 13, 2006 - 9:46 pm

We have been a Nikon family for years. I bought DH a SLR when DD was born (23 years ago) and it's still going strong. It's just has virtually nothing "auto" on it. I now own a Nikon D70 and absolutely LOVE it!! It's a 6.1 MP and I could blow the things up huge and you could never tell it's a digital. But since it's a SLR, it's big. DD is now looking for a new one and I am strongly recommending the Nikon to her. I remember a couple being on the ads for BF and I wouldn't hesitate recommending them. 5-6 MP is plenty unless you are planning on blowing up something to really HUGE proportions! The big thing you want to check for is the write speed and shutter lag. If you have a big shutter lag, then your pix will be blurry just from handshake. Either that or you will have to use a tripod all the time. If it has virtually no shutter lag, and a fast write speed, you should have no problems at all. From there, you just need to check for extra features that you might want, like portrait mode, twilight mode, action mode, macro mode, etc.

#102 mulox  OFFLINE  

mulox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 13, 2006 - 9:59 pm

I have a Canon G3 now and am looking to upgrade to the S3 IS, but I absolutely HATE having to go from li-ion to nmh batteries!!

#103 disp31  OFFLINE  

disp31

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 14, 2006 - 1:31 am

I'm looking to upgrade my camera and the kodak 7.1 mp w/10x zoom for 189.99 seems like a really good deal. Is this a good deal or not and if anyone has this one would love to hear what you think of it. Thanks

#104 gogetit  OFFLINE  

gogetit

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 14, 2006 - 1:51 am

Does anybody know the best price for Canon S3 IS, online or store pickup. Basically am looking to see if there is any Black Friday sale on this Camera. Thanks a lot for your time in advance.:

#105 kselzer  OFFLINE  

kselzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 14, 2006 - 5:46 am

I bought the c633 Kodak (6.1mp) from Target today (the one that will be on sale for $98 on BF) and will go back on BF (or the day after since it's a two day ad) to get a price adjustment. Just thought I'd give the heads up that they are in the stores if anyone is interested in getting one. I've never bought a digital camera before, so I hope I made a decent choice. Does anyone think that I should wait and get the 5mp Kodak plus printer dock from CC??? Or am I better off with more with the one I already bought? Any ideas? I am truly clueless.:yup:

This is the one I'm thinking about getting also - so far it looks like the best deal to me. I'm going to go check it out this week at Target and talk to them about the price adjustments. I'm not going to get a printer dock because of the costs. Some reviews on that printer dock at CC estimate the cost of printing around 40 cents a piece, because it only prints about half as much as is says it does (it says approximately 20 cents a piece). I upload my prints to Walmart and pick up in one hour for 19 cents - this is the best option I think. Walmart less than 5 miles away and I'm usually in there about once a week anyways.

#106 leefamily23  OFFLINE  

leefamily23

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 14, 2006 - 7:15 am

I didn't care for any of the one's on sale for BF. So I went ahead and bought the Fuiji Finepix 5.1 MP. It was $129.99 at Eckerd's and they had a $30.00 off coupon. After tax it was $108. I am pleased w/ it for what I want it for. I really liked the last one we had, the pictures were always really crisp too. So, I'm happy w/ this decision.

#107 marigot  OFFLINE  

marigot

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 14, 2006 - 10:34 am

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. sj1027 and tagej, I'm with you on a mission, the Rebel XTi is what I'm looking for. An employee at CC told me that last year they had a $200 off on cameras for BF - I don't know if it's true, but I'm still hopeful. Anybody knows how far in advance they announce the BF sales? For those that are looking for cheap cameras, here are my 2 cents from my experience. I own a Fuji A303 that I used for maybe 100 pics before I got a Sony CyberShot T1. Fuji has a fuller body, takes good pictures, colors are crisp and the images are clear. IMHO makes a good camera for a kid. The Sony is good because it's slim but beyond daylight pictures gets on my nerves. Changing the settings (night time, indoor, macro, etc) requires a tripod - which defies it's main quality: portability. They're both ok cameras for snapshots - but if you're passionate about photography, look somewhere else. Canon has some amazing cheap cameras that surpass in quality all other consumer cameras, take a look on Amazon at their best selling list and you'll see what I mean.

#108 Cinnistew  OFFLINE  

Cinnistew

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 14, 2006 - 7:06 pm

For those of you looking at getting a Sony Cybershot be sure to check out the new DSC-N2. I bought one a few months back (couldn't wait till BF) and love it. It's got touch screen operation that is super easy to use and is 10.1 megapixel. Picture quality is awesome too! :)

#109 wawa123  OFFLINE  

wawa123

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 14, 2006 - 7:12 pm

Do you think we could see either the Canon S2 or S3 models going on sale on BF? Even though I just bought a camera last BF(Which I still LOVE..), I'm thinking about upgrading again and looking at these models in particular.

I love it too
How much is it on BF?:eyepoppin

#110 pbs2kw  OFFLINE  

pbs2kw

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 15, 2006 - 7:27 am

I am getting the Kodak Easyshare 5MP for 79.99 at BB for my boyfriend's 11 year old daughter. Now I won't have to share mine with her. It is much better than the Vcam (kids) or whatever it is called at WM for the same price with no flash. Or you could go for the Polaroid 5MP at Kmart for 69.99.

I don't know if someone has already replied to this but I have friends who say NOT to get the Kodak cameras...both her and her sister have this and have only had it one year and the pictures are coming out very dark and spotty. Kodak will not honor their warranty either.

#111 dealfinder06  OFFLINE  

dealfinder06

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 15, 2006 - 10:33 am

Will target ajust the price for black friday ads? I want to get one of these cameras but I have never had good experience with returning anything to target!

#112 Guest_ladakn99_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_ladakn99_*
  • Member since --

Posted Nov 15, 2006 - 11:09 am

Does anyone know anything about the Samsung S700 Digital Camera, is it any good. i'm a teenager going off to college next year and i thought it would be a good idea to get a digital camera right now while it's a good deal. can anyone help me out, thanks

#113 littlemama  OFFLINE  

littlemama

I need a drink.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 16, 2006 - 11:20 am

Is this the same camera that will be sold as a bundle at Walmart on BF? The Kodak c633?

#114 littlemama  OFFLINE  

littlemama

I need a drink.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 16, 2006 - 11:24 am

I'm looking to upgrade my camera and the kodak 7.1 mp w/10x zoom for 189.99 seems like a really good deal. Is this a good deal or not and if anyone has this one would love to hear what you think of it. Thanks

I was thinking about getting this one, too? Any thoughts from people who have this one???

#115 ithaca  OFFLINE  

ithaca

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 17, 2006 - 4:13 pm

Just bought the Canon SD630 along with a 1GB memory card from newegg for $259. Couldn't pass up that deal.

#116 tagej  OFFLINE  

tagej

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 17, 2006 - 7:18 pm

Just took a look at the compusa add, just more disappointment. The Canon XTi is available at CompUSA for the mere price of $899. It can be had at several reputable vendors online and even at places like Cordcamera for less than that. This year's BF just doesn't have much of anything interesting......

#117 Guest_marshamcmah_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_marshamcmah_*
  • Member since --

Posted Nov 17, 2006 - 7:24 pm

I talked to a saleslady at CC...she said that the camera on BF is not the best camera...no optical zoom only digital

#118 Bestbuy7  OFFLINE  

Bestbuy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 18, 2006 - 6:34 am

I talked to a saleslady at CC...she said that the camera on BF is not the best camera...no optical zoom only digital

What camera?

#119 IceQueen  OFFLINE  

IceQueen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 18, 2006 - 6:11 pm

I might upgrade my camera. Have a Nikon from two years ago, and while it's still in great shape, DD is getting into dance recitals and stuff, and the zoom isn't so hot (3.1 MP/3x zoom) Any advice? I don't want to spend a fortune (seems that electronics is our list this year, so enough $$ is going to get spent!!), but would be willing to go to $300 or so if need be. I'd like to stay with Nikon -- dad was a prof photog and still has his Nikon from eons ago), but Casio is okay. NO KODAK! *ick* TIA

#120 lwise  OFFLINE  

lwise

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 18, 2006 - 7:10 pm

here's my 2 cents worth. I have bought 2 dig camera so far and the best by far is any Nikon coolpix camera. Last year bought a 5.1 pix 5600 with freebies and my daughter took it with her on her trip to spain. WOW what picture quality. we enlarged to 8x12 and very clear. She even won a photo scholarship with pictures taken with this camera. Is shoots in color, black and white, brown and white, blue and white. we bought a 4600 coolpix for my mom and she loves it too. when shopping for where to buy, my 1st place is Ritz/wolff camera because they have a warrenty that can't be beat. If you break it, damage it, in almost anyway it's covered. it does cost extra but is worth every penny. I have used it with no problem and got a new camera from it. I think i'm going for the nikon 4.0 pix w/ 3x zoom for 100.00 at ritz also they use SD cards and lots of deals this BF for 1 or 2 gig cards for less than 20.00

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users