Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

>>> Official Black Friday DIGITAL CAMERA Discussion Thread <<<

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#61 kimbrown27  OFFLINE  

kimbrown27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2006 - 8:26 am

So far does anyone have an idea wich camera on sale would be the best for sport shots, I need a quick shooting camera, My kids are in sports and the one I have is too slow ... Any ideas?

#62 migirlfriday  OFFLINE  

migirlfriday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2006 - 9:14 am

Everyone I know that has a Nikkon Cool pix (and that's quite a few in an online group) LOVES theirs and always recommends them when the subject comes up. Doesn't seem to matter the model. Just get the one that has all the features you want. :)

I, too, would like a digi camera for my 10 1/2 year old who has been asking for 2 years now! LOL The FP are too "low" for her, and the lower price ones I see in stores seem to not have flash, zoom, or are really low MPs.

Kym

I am getting the Kodak Easyshare 5MP for 79.99 at BB for my boyfriend's 11 year old daughter. Now I won't have to share mine with her. It is much better than the Vcam (kids) or whatever it is called at WM for the same price with no flash. Or you could go for the Polaroid 5MP at Kmart for 69.99.

#63 leefamily23  OFFLINE  

leefamily23

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2006 - 1:12 pm

I too am disappointed in the BB sale. I had a Fuiji Finepix from 3yrs ago. At the time we spent $400 (probably only a $200 camera now). I loved it. Only I had an accident w/ it on vacation this summer- and needless to say it no longer is w/ us. I was hoping to find something reasonable for the $100 range. Only seems like that is not happening. There are a lot of decent camera's on the market for $179 range that would suite my needs- so I had thought $100 on BF wasn't being unreasonable. UGh----Walmart is going to be my only last hope on this one.

#64 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 8, 2006 - 7:39 pm

The Best Buy Ad list says there's a Kodak Easyshare 7.1mp Cam with 10x zoom for $189.99 ... but the picture of the ad says its a 6.1mp?

BB's description shows 7.1MP, so I would go with that.

Link: http://blackfriday.g...l.com/Item/1923

#65 Spotted1  OFFLINE  

Spotted1

Queen of a pink castle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2006 - 8:00 pm

Best Buy also has the 6.1MP, but with a 12x Zoom. http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1138085815434

I can't seem to tell what the model number is from the ad though. That would make it clear exactly which camera it's supposed to be.

The reason I'm so concerned is because Best Buy is a minimum 1.5-2 hour drive for me, and in the event this camera isn't available online, I'd like to be able to call ahead of time and know that one's available before I drive that far and then end up disappointed cause they're sold out or have the wrong camera for the wrong price, you know?

#66 jlb582  OFFLINE  

jlb582

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 9, 2006 - 4:57 am

I saw that CC is giving a free 3.2MP camera with any $249 purchase. That would be great for a kid. Pictures are fine, unless you try to blow them up past 8x10, and sometimes past 5x7.

#67 leefamily23  OFFLINE  

leefamily23

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2006 - 6:58 am

Where did you see the CC offer? I need to get a PSP- which I know isn't going to be on sale (possible bundle offer) and Guitar Hero 2 and I could get those and get a total over $249.

#68 RubyRed5  OFFLINE  

RubyRed5

In the snowy mountains of Vermont

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 9, 2006 - 7:27 am

I'm trying to decide between the Kodak Z710 7.1 MP 10X zoom for $189.99 on BF at Best Buy Or the Olympus sp320 7.1 MP 3x zoom w/ stabilization and free camera bag from OfficeMax for $169.99 (officemax doesn't have this camera on their website right now for some reason, so check digital camera-hq!) Which would you choose??? The Kodak does NOT have a stabilization feature, BTW. TIA! ps. sorry about the links (or lack there of). I can't post links yet!

#69 RubyRed5  OFFLINE  

RubyRed5

In the snowy mountains of Vermont

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 9, 2006 - 7:41 am

Or would someone suggest another brand in the same price range? I'm really looking for something with auto and manual zoom and focus. And i also really really like the look of these NOT flat cameras. The ridge really helps hold onto the camera for one-handed shooting!

#70 ksmitt76  OFFLINE  

ksmitt76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 9, 2006 - 9:50 am

Best Buy also has the 6.1MP, but with a 12x Zoom. http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1138085815434

I can't seem to tell what the model number is from the ad though. That would make it clear exactly which camera it's supposed to be.

The reason I'm so concerned is because Best Buy is a minimum 1.5-2 hour drive for me, and in the event this camera isn't available online, I'd like to be able to call ahead of time and know that one's available before I drive that far and then end up disappointed cause they're sold out or have the wrong camera for the wrong price, you know?

I think someone messed up. i think the camera is 6 megapixil because it says 6 meg in the ad. I hope i am wrong and that it is an 7 meg camera

#71 lesliepear  OFFLINE  

lesliepear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2006 - 10:03 am

How's this one at Circuit City - anyone know the model #? Casio 6 MP Digital Camera w/ 3x Optical & 4x Digital Zoom $149.99

#72 Spotted1  OFFLINE  

Spotted1

Queen of a pink castle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2006 - 10:59 am

I think someone messed up. i think the camera is 6 megapixil because it says 6 meg in the ad. I hope i am wrong and that it is an 7 meg camera

Its got to be one or the other, I suppose.

I'd like for it to be the 7 megapixel, as well. That's another thing that confuses me. The add says "Save $110" and its priced at 189.

189 + 110 = $299

The 7.1 megapixel that GD links to is $299. But the 6.1 megapixel (the ad does say 6.1) is $329. So there'd be steeper savings than just $110 if it's the 6.1.

Its confusing, because the details make it seem like it really could be either camera. :cheesy:

#73 Mara  OFFLINE  

Mara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2006 - 2:52 pm

Since there isn't a thread for Camcorders I thought I'd ask that here to. I'm in the market for a new one. I just don't know what media is best. The ones with Hard drives or tapes or the ones that burn to the mini DVD's. I was looking at the Sond Handycam at BB. Any thoughts on it? Any other ones out there screaming buy me I should look at? Thanks Mara

#74 BunniesBunniesBunnies!  OFFLINE  

BunniesBunniesBunnies!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 9, 2006 - 9:04 pm

Have we seen the Canon S3 anywhere in the ads yet?

#75 leefamily23  OFFLINE  

leefamily23

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2006 - 4:49 am

What about this one Walmart has now? This samsung for $88 it has something like 5 megapixel and it does list an optical zoom (which I know is important). It's for just regular old family photo's. I just don't want it to be totally crappy.

#76 Spotted1  OFFLINE  

Spotted1

Queen of a pink castle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2006 - 10:29 am

Okay, the Best Buy Kodak Easyshare is 6.1 megapixel with a 10x optical zoom. It's a Z650. The Kodak Easyshare Z650 is not currently available on Best Buy's website.

Specs for the Z650:

6.1 megapixel (Prints up to 20x30 inches)
10X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON Optical Zoom Lens
2 inch indoor/outdoor display screen
Auto options and manual modes

You can check it out here: http://www.kodak.com...US&pq-path=8016

#77 Great Dane Mom  OFFLINE  

Great Dane Mom

Lil' George

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,595 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2006 - 1:56 pm

I see the Walgreen's ad is going to have a Polaroid A500 , 5MP for $59.99. Anyone have any experience with this camera? I'm looking at getting a camera for my husband that is not too technical and not too small for him to see. You know the "lighting is always bad" when he's looking at anything small! LOL

#78 Mara  OFFLINE  

Mara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 10, 2006 - 2:22 pm

No I found it by modle number and it is 6.1 not 7.1 Good reviews but its more like $230 not $299 regular price

Mara

#79 zxcvbnm  OFFLINE  

zxcvbnm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 11, 2006 - 2:45 am

1st time poster so hopefully some help might come of it. I have read over this thread and am practically sold on the Canon S2 camera however the price is a bit much at current. I am also a Fuji Film guy and hold some loyalty to them. I like the way the S2 looks and would buy that in a heartbeat if it were nearer $200 but my question is if any Fuji Film SLR camera is similar or near exact to the S2? Also, I love this site and plan on surfing here more often to save money.

#80 dukes4440  OFFLINE  

dukes4440

"Sorry don't get it done,Dude"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 11, 2006 - 11:01 am

:2welcome: zxcubnm

#81 BabyFu18  OFFLINE  

BabyFu18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 11, 2006 - 1:40 pm

Anyone have the model number for the Casio in the CC ad?

#82 zxcvbnm  OFFLINE  

zxcvbnm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 11, 2006 - 6:03 pm

I deleted the information I posted because after doing research they were to scam companies or so it may it seem. Hopefully no body went through the purchasing process for either site.

#83 HollyBerry  OFFLINE  

HollyBerry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 12, 2006 - 7:29 am

My DH is insisting on getting the SONY...I tried to sway him but no luck.
He is heading out right now to get the SONY CyberShot DSC-S500 w/ SanDisk 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo.
Cost 149.99 at Circuit City.

#84 Onyx  OFFLINE  

Onyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 12, 2006 - 4:03 pm

Does anyone have information on the HP Photosmart M525 that is at Staples for 99.99? It is 6 pixles, but it has been a few years since I bought a digital camera so I am not sure how well this one works. I read a couple of reviews and it seems ok, but I thought I'd ask here too :)

#85 HollyBerry  OFFLINE  

HollyBerry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 12, 2006 - 4:26 pm

My Dh bought the Sony Cybershot with a 15.00 coupon off to boot...not a bad camera for the price, I think. I do not know much about cameras.

#86 Andy819  OFFLINE  

Andy819

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 12, 2006 - 6:10 pm

Hey guys can some one Give me a Good Recomendation, a Digital Camera thats less than $100 and is good for a Teen, me.

#87 kitty34  OFFLINE  

kitty34

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 12, 2006 - 6:50 pm

Any chance anyone could help me out with any info possibly? I saw a Polaroid A700C 7mp camera in CC's ad for 79.99 on bf but I cannot find any info on it and I do not see anyone posting here about it, yet it looks like a pretty good deal to me. Anyone know anything about it? Like is it real even? Or would I be better off with something else?

#88 len_mullen  ONLINE  

len_mullen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 12, 2006 - 7:52 pm

I just don't know what media is best. The ones with Hard drives or tapes or the ones that burn to the mini DVD's.

I just bought a Panasonic PV-GS180. The reason I chose this camcorder is that it had the best image quality in my price range. That's it. When the camera is gone, all you will have left is what you recorded, so get as good a recording as you can afford. You can read reviews on cnet and at http://www.camcorderinfo.com.

That said, we are very happy with the camera. Stills, videos all come out great. It is comfortable to use. We edit the movies on a PC using movie maker. This camera can transfer the video to movie maker via usb -- in case you don't have firewire.

No matter what media you choose, you will need to transfer your movies to something. I find [relatively] inexpensive minidv tapes everywhere. The mini dvds don't play on all machines. And they can be reused. I think hard disks would be fragile. At any rate, you are paying a premium for technology that does not improve the recording.

Good luck!

#89 sj1027  OFFLINE  

sj1027

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 12, 2006 - 9:19 pm

I'm looking for a Canon Rebel xti w/lens for under $800. I've seen lots of store ads in NYC that sell for less. We bought our video camera that way and did well with price and service. Would be happy to buy locally if I could find a good price. Does anyone think there will be good deals for BF sales on this particular camera? I saw something at circuit city back in october for this camera at $709. but that sale is over. New to this forum, thanks for any help!

#90 zxcvbnm  OFFLINE  

zxcvbnm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 12, 2006 - 11:03 pm

I hate websites that bait and switch you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users