Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

>>> Official Black Friday MP3 PLAYER Discussion Thread <<<

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#181 scottl  OFFLINE  

scottl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 18, 2006 - 5:40 pm

Thanks Scott! I was hoping it wouldn't be something like that. I know they did sell at least one refurbished 5th generation ipod but I don't want to take my chances and wait for it again. Now I'm in a pickle because it hasn't even shipped yet so I know I won't have it before BF and if we do get it and aren't thrilled, then we're out the 10% restocking fee. What to do, what to do:no:

What's the difference in price? $50? If so, i'd get the newer one.

#182 AMYpw  OFFLINE  

AMYpw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 19, 2006 - 6:51 pm

this may have already been discuss and please forgive me if so - My dd wants an MP# player for christmas. I've bought one (the one Walmart had on sale not to long ago) What do I need to buy for her to be able to listen to the songs in her room on like a stero type thingy - Is there one on sale BF that you know of?

#183 xslicricx  OFFLINE  

xslicricx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 19, 2006 - 6:58 pm

this may have already been discuss and please forgive me if so - My dd wants an MP# player for christmas. I've bought one (the one Walmart had on sale not to long ago) What do I need to buy for her to be able to listen to the songs in her room on like a stero type thingy -

Is there one on sale BF that you know of?

Look on Ebay for a FM transmitter that's all you will need.

#184 tinker42  OFFLINE  

tinker42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 19, 2006 - 8:48 pm

I'm wanting to get an MP3 player for my 15 yr old. My 17 yr old niece has an Ipod and said they are very complicated and almost too small. She's isn't complaining but said for the average kiddo you can get something else a little less expensive.

#185 pastasalad  OFFLINE  

pastasalad

Georgie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2006 - 9:49 am

I have read and re-read this thread and still am not sure which player I want... Have looked at the scandisk,creative zen & i-river Can someone reccomend a good mp3 player in the $100-180 range that is pretty easy to use with a fm transmitter I plan on buying from amazon because I have the gc there Thanks In advance for replies

#186 juanadeal  OFFLINE  

juanadeal

Hooked on Deals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2006 - 10:15 am

What's the difference in price? $50? If so, i'd get the newer one.

Thanks for your advice Scott! I actually cancelled the refurbished one that same day and ordered a new one from Target. The difference was only about $55. Not too bad.

#187 571COALTON  OFFLINE  

571COALTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2006 - 8:05 pm

Hi wondering if anyone can help me, my daughter is wanting an MP3 player that she can use on her car stereo, she aleady had the jack built in her car. My question is this, what should I be looking for in an MP3 that doesnt require purchasing an FM transimitter. A lot of them only show headphone jacks?

#188 DeMay1201  OFFLINE  

DeMay1201

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 7:39 am

If you are looking to buy the Sandisk Sansa 1GB m240 at Best Buy for $34.99, Circuit City will have it for $39.99. It isn't showing up for Circuit City on the shopping list function, but I found it on the last page of the Circuit City ad scans. I know it is $5 more, but as it is the only thing I wanted at Best Buy, I'm willing to pay the extra $5 to order it online tomorrow and pick up later at Circuit City instead of dealing with the Best Buy mess. $39.99 still seems like a good price.

#189 DeMay1201  OFFLINE  

DeMay1201

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 7:52 am

Hi wondering if anyone can help me, my daughter is wanting an MP3 player that she can use on her car stereo, she aleady had the jack built in her car. My question is this, what should I be looking for in an MP3 that doesnt require purchasing an FM transimitter. A lot of them only show headphone jacks?

All you need is the headphone jack on the mp3 player. You can buy an adapter cord that plugs into the headphone jack on the mp3 and then into the stereo. I actually use the cord that came with my daughter's iDog to listen to my Creative in my husband's car which has the jack on the stereo. I don't have the jack on the stereo in my car, I have a CD/cassette in my car and use the cassette adapter to listen to the mp3 player in my car.

#190 ithaca  OFFLINE  

ithaca

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 9:52 am

If you are looking to buy the Sandisk Sansa 1GB m240 at Best Buy for $34.99, Circuit City will have it for $39.99. It isn't showing up for Circuit City on the shopping list function, but I found it on the last page of the Circuit City ad scans. I know it is $5 more, but as it is the only thing I wanted at Best Buy, I'm willing to pay the extra $5 to order it online tomorrow and pick up later at Circuit City instead of dealing with the Best Buy mess. $39.99 still seems like a good price.

I tried the Sansa and the battery life was TERRIBLE. They advertise 19 hrs on a AAA battery but I was getting like 4 hrs per battery while I was in the gym. That wouldn't have been too bad if it had a lithium battery that I could recharge, but I went through so many batteries in those first 2 weeks that I had to take it back to BB.

#191 brynnfromtheblock  OFFLINE  

brynnfromtheblock

I'm not that girl....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 6:46 pm

I bought my husband an MP3 player last year for Christmas, we looked at both the IPODS and the Creatives and liked the Creatives better (same Hitachi harddrive, easier battery changing, better price etc). He LOVES his and has had no complaints. He listens to it on his break at work every day.... The only thing he has said is that it is a little big size wise (we got the 30g), now that there is a nice array of micros, nanos etc... what is a good player that holds a decent amount of songs (he has a ton on his), is small and less than 200.00 (be even better if it was less than 150.. we don't need photo, just music.. what do you guys think is the best for the small mp3's? Anyone have the Creative Zen V Plus 4GB? what do you think of it?

#192 MajorIllinifan  OFFLINE  

MajorIllinifan

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 6:22 am

I haven't seen much discussion here about this, but Meijer had a 2G nano for sale this morning (Thanksgiving) for the regularl price of $149, but they gave you a $50 Meijer gift certificate. The sale started at 6am. I went to Meijer at 8:30 to get milk and figured I'd ask the electronics guy how long it took to sell out. When I asked he said he had 9 left, so I snatched one of them up. My wife wants an iPod or an iTunes capable cell phone, so I figured I'd have the nano in reserve.

#193 Glitzy Nana  OFFLINE  

Glitzy Nana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 12:08 pm

Does anyone know anything about the MP3 & MP4 players on computercityinc.com? They list great prices but I would like to know more about the company. Anyone know anything about them?

#194 chiboy83  OFFLINE  

chiboy83

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 24, 2006 - 9:44 am

Does anyone else notice that the RCA 5 gig MP3 player (@Ace Hardware) is NOT a Lyra ?? I cant find any other retailer online that sells this model version. I am going to have to play with this device for a few days to determine if i like this. Now that i look at the ad, i see that it was never advertised as a "Lyra"....gottadeal got me a lil overexcited, since eit def is not a Lyra What oes everyone else think of teh RCA 5 gig mp3 player they got from Ace Hardware

#195 trumpet87  OFFLINE  

trumpet87

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 25, 2006 - 6:54 am

Does anyone know anything about the MP3 & MP4 players on computercityinc.com?
They list great prices but I would like to know more about the company. Anyone know anything about them?

Personally, I would be leary. There prices are just WAY too low! There is no mention on whether these are refurbished or not, and I also have been looking for an MP3 player and I don't recognize any of the brands (plus the brand names are not listed at all). I wouldn't buy there unless I knew someone that had. Also, this site has no customer satisfaction ratings. That is always a big factor for me. Here's something that also may help: go to www.buydig.com, check out their website and compare them with this website. They have received awards for customer satisfaction, and have customer ratings. I just bought a Canon camcorder there a couple of weeks ago and was VERY happy with the whole process. They beat everyone else's prices, but the prices were realistic. VERY fast, free shipping, and no tax. I had it in my hands a couple days after I ordered it, and I live a good 1000 miles away. Hope this helps you; I just don't want to see you get stung :gdbees: I bought one on BF online at CC, it is the Sandisk Sansa 1GB, was $39.99 yesterday, you may want to check Circuit City today and see if they have any; as of last night there were no more available for shipment, but they would sell me one out of one of my local stores, the othere 2 stores are sold out. This MP3 is highly rated...

#196 jmsampica  OFFLINE  

jmsampica

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 25, 2006 - 7:22 am

Wanted to share with you a great deal I came across...

Oldest son wants an Ipod for Christmas, 4GB Nano type. Well, after scouring the ads for Black Friday, and venturing into an Apple retail store at Ridgedale mall and being thoroughly disgusted with the lack of any sales, and apathetic attitudes from employees, I hit the web.

Bought a 4GB Ipod Nano on the Apple website (through www.airforcetimes.com, "Shopping" pull-down, select "stores", "Apple"). Deal was $187 for brand new unit with free engraving and free shipping. Not only that, but also received $21 off of the $187 price (all colors except bright red). So, I was able to purchase it for $166. Better than most if not all BF sales. The only adder was sales tax. 3 day shipping is included at no charge.

Not sure if this was just for BF through the website and military discount, but thought you might want to check it out.

#197 jamesy1  OFFLINE  

jamesy1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 25, 2006 - 9:33 am

I bought a 1gb Sansa Sandisk C140 at FYE yesterday for $39.99 and was wondering if any of the bigger retailers sell any accessories that would go with this one.

#198 xslicricx  OFFLINE  

xslicricx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 25, 2006 - 12:05 pm

Man yall must look silly when you realize that I paid a whopping $10 for my brand new 30gb Zune at CC.

#199 mesarobins  OFFLINE  

mesarobins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 25, 2006 - 3:04 pm

Man yall must look silly when you realize that I paid a whopping $10 for my brand new 30gb Zune at CC.

Okay I'll bite...how?

#200 trumpet87  OFFLINE  

trumpet87

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 25, 2006 - 6:24 pm

So you got a hold of a bunch of those McDonald's things and we didn't, big deal:gdwow:

#201 xslicricx  OFFLINE  

xslicricx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 25, 2006 - 9:54 pm

So you got a hold of a bunch of those McDonald's things and we didn't, big deal:gdwow:

No if you paid attention to what I said you would have seen that I said CC not BB!!! :gdwow:

#202 Reisch  OFFLINE  

Reisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 25, 2006 - 10:10 pm

No if you paid attention to what I said you would have seen that I said CC not BB!!! :gdwow:

So are you going to share your "wonderful" information or are just going to gloat?

#203 xslicricx  OFFLINE  

xslicricx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 26, 2006 - 2:27 am

$249 regular price - $40 coupon - $200 Vonage gift card = $10 Zune

#204 nicbuttblack  OFFLINE  

nicbuttblack

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 26, 2006 - 8:21 am

I know this isn't the ipod- but i got the $13.97 mp3 players from Menards for my daughters. They are all 8yrs or younger so i wasn't about to get them anything to costly, but i figure this will hold enough music for them for the time being!

#205 Reisch  OFFLINE  

Reisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 26, 2006 - 8:23 am

$249 regular price - $40 coupon - $200 Vonage gift card = $10 Zune

Not a bad deal! We've had Vonage for almost 3 years and love it! Our phone bill has dropped to almost nothing. :D

I hope you realize the $200 Vonage card will cost almost $300 after a 1 year subscription to Vonage ($24.99 a month). Personally I would look at as a short-term interest-free loan. Maybe Vonage will let you change your subscription to the $14.99 a month plan and that will only cost about $180 after 1 year. :)

All in all I would say you did well. Enjoy your Zune! :yup:

#206 xslicricx  OFFLINE  

xslicricx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 26, 2006 - 1:42 pm

Not a bad deal! We've had Vonage for almost 3 years and love it! Our phone bill has dropped to almost nothing. :D

I hope you realize the $200 Vonage card will cost almost $300 after a 1 year subscription to Vonage ($24.99 a month). Personally I would look at as a short-term interest-free loan. Maybe Vonage will let you change your subscription to the $14.99 a month plan and that will only cost about $180 after 1 year. :)

All in all I would say you did well. Enjoy your Zune! :yup:

That's what the guy at CC let me put it in at $14.99. I didn't think that it would work but it did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users