Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

>>> Official Black Friday MP3 PLAYER Discussion Thread <<<

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#31 Aaron  OFFLINE  

Aaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 14, 2006 - 2:02 pm

Wow, look at the product pictures for that iPod..

Posted Image

#32 jellybean051901  OFFLINE  

jellybean051901

Hockey Night in Cleveland!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 15, 2006 - 12:58 am

There is an ebay store called retail surplus where you can get IPODS for a reasonable price. The only problem is some of the merchandise is open box and returns so you are not guaranteed that it will work or even have all the parts. I have gotten a few things from there and have been very happy

#33 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,745 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2006 - 7:54 am

I went to Walmart the other day and they have the I-Pod Nanos for $147.88 (regular price). Is this a good price for them? Mostly I've seen them for $199 so I thought I should buy this one (or rather my mom as she is buying it for my son. She told me to tell her where to buy for the best price and she'll go there). This is for my 11 year old son so I figured this is all he'll need. Nothing fancy

#34 Guest_Frieked_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_Frieked_*
  • Member since --

Posted Sep 15, 2006 - 8:01 am

I went to Walmart the other day and they have the I-Pod Nanos for $147.88 (regular price). Is this a good price for them? Mostly I've seen them for $199 so I thought I should buy this one (or rather my mom as she is buying it for my son. She told me to tell her where to buy for the best price and she'll go there). This is for my 11 year old son so I figured this is all he'll need. Nothing fancy

Depends on if it was the 2gb or 4gb nano... There are also new 8gb nano's that just came out.

#35 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• 11,745 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2006 - 8:06 am

Don't remember everything but I do remember the descripton said it holds 300 songs. Choose between black or white.

#36 shanni  OFFLINE  

shanni

• 3,447 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2006 - 8:31 am

That is the 1gig and NO that is not a good price, amazon has them right now for 119, no tax and no shipping!

#37 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• 11,745 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2006 - 8:34 am

Thanks! I'll buy it there and have my mom reimberse me.

#38 rogerss2  OFFLINE  

rogerss2

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 6:03 am

Does anyone know if iPods will be on sale this year for BF? Last year it was "off limits" for discounts due to popularity, so I was wondering if anyone had an update on what to expect this year.

#39 colelane2001  OFFLINE  

colelane2001

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 6:27 am

I don't know if they will be on sale, but I hope so. I want for myself.

#40 nickle831  OFFLINE  

nickle831

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 6:29 am

I don't know, but I hope so! It is not excluded on the BBB this year either, so I Really, really want one!

#41 tmkuroda  OFFLINE  

tmkuroda

Laptop Queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 6:36 am

ok what is a BBB? and you can get a deal year round on ipods i you know anyone who is a teacher, student teacher, preschool teacher, student etc at the apple store. I think they give a 10%-20% discount to school students and teachers plus free shipping and engraving! It took me 2 days to get my two after ordering them last year 2 weeks before christmas. Tina

#42 Turtle Mommy  OFFLINE  

Turtle Mommy

Bargain Shopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 6:50 am

I hoping too. I want one for ds and dh.

#43 cherry33778  OFFLINE  

cherry33778

Black Friday Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 7:07 am

What you should have done is gone to www.apple.com and purchased them refurbished. I did and received 41% off the reg. price

#44 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• 11,745 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 7:09 am

My mom bought one for my son already (last week). Circuit City made a mistake upon checkout (first time my mom took advantage of this anywhere) and the iPod rang up only $119 instead of the over $150 price. She paid cash and got out of their. LOL. Now I went back to see if was a true price OR sale price (unheard of for the GB). It rang up over $150. So not sure what happend, but at least my son got his for a great price

#45 cherry33778  OFFLINE  

cherry33778

Black Friday Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 7:11 am

BTW, already discussed here:
http://forums.gottad...ead.php?t=47418

#46 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 7:31 am

BTW, already discussed here:
http://forums.gottad...ead.php?t=47418

Thanks, threads merged.

#47 flea  OFFLINE  

flea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 10:38 am

I would love for the new nano's to go on sale. I thought I saw them listed in last year's archive.

#48 Spotted1  OFFLINE  

Spotted1

Queen of a pink castle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 3:29 pm

We're hoping to pick up an MP3 player (NOT an iPod.) for our nephew this year. He's 13, and it seems like it's going to be the only thing we can agree that he'd like. The thing is, I'm a little MP3 stupid, and not really sure what I'm really looking at (other than I know the more Gigs it has the more songs it can hold) when it comes to them.

#49 mrn8  OFFLINE  

mrn8

Geekus Maximus

• 9,838 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 3:49 pm

We're hoping to pick up an MP3 player (NOT an iPod.) for our nephew this year. He's 13, and it seems like it's going to be the only thing we can agree that he'd like. The thing is, I'm a little MP3 stupid, and not really sure what I'm really looking at (other than I know the more Gigs it has the more songs it can hold) when it comes to them.

Walmart currently has the Creative Zen Micro (4GB) for $120. http://forums.gottad...ead.php?t=50759 I'm not sure what you budget it, but it's an excellent mp3 player, especially for the price.

#50 flea  OFFLINE  

flea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 6:40 pm

Walmart currently has the Creative Zen Micro (4GB) for $120. http://forums.gottad...ead.php?t=50759 I'm not sure what you budget it, but it's an excellent mp3 player, especially for the price.

The creative zen was a close runner up but I decided to go with the ipods. They have had a really good reviews and they have an FM radio which I think is a plus. Now that I am looking at spending $$$$ on 3 ipods(for 2 daughters and DH) I am regretting changing my mind. I would save so much more by going with the Zen!!!

#51 mrn8  OFFLINE  

mrn8

Geekus Maximus

• 9,838 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 7:02 pm

The creative zen was a close runner up but I decided to go with the ipods. They have had a really good reviews and they have an FM radio which I think is a plus. Now that I am looking at spending $$$$ on 3 ipods(for 2 daughters and DH) I am regretting changing my mind. I would save so much more by going with the Zen!!!

Actually, none of the iPods have an FM Tuner. The Creative products, however, do have the FM tuner.

#52 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 7:53 pm

OfficeDepot.com has a Philips 1GB MP3 player for $29.99 AR and you can buy it today!

That's perfect for the gym or kids and teenagers.

#53 BellaVita  OFFLINE  

BellaVita

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 8:14 pm

I really don't care for an apple player I just want a video/mp3 player to go on sale for at least 150

#54 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 8:46 pm

I really don't care for an apple player I just want a video/mp3 player to go on sale for at least 150

You can buy one today http://www.walmart.c...duct_id=4857849

#55 vetmac  OFFLINE  

vetmac

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 1:49 am

I just want to post what I posted in the Ipod thread.. Can I just add a little food for thought here after reading. For jogging, working out, kids, preteens etc..The ipods are not the best as they are more hard drive based and don't take well to knocking around. This thru experience. You'd be better off getting a flash based mp3 player. The perks of those also..no docking, runs on batteries, more download capabilities and they aren't so delicate to use. Ipods are ok, but overhyped by name.

#56 flea  OFFLINE  

flea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 2:22 am

Actually, none of the iPods have an FM Tuner. The Creative products, however, do have the FM tuner.

I know, which is why I am kind of regretting going with the ipod.

#57 jmtatum  OFFLINE  

jmtatum

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 4:27 am

My daughter is wanting a mp3 player for christmas but I am on a very small budget, I would be thrilled if they went on sale this year!

#58 tmkuroda  OFFLINE  

tmkuroda

Laptop Queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 5:18 am

I know, which is why I am kind of regretting going with the ipod.

I would suggest the first thing you buy after your ipod purchase is a GOOD quality case for it. My son goes skateboarding with his Ipod and knock on wood (knock knock knock) nothing has happened to it. Ipods have an fm tuner add on. I know that ipods don;t have as many bells and whistle features as some of the other brands but 3 reason of why to own them come to mind.
1) customer service/warrenty: Apple has a sterling reputation in that dept. turn around time to get an ipod fixed is measured in days not weeks.
2) sound quality..Sorry it just doesn't get any better!
3) ease of controls: Ipods are made for easy customer use. It is not hard to figure out how to use it and the controls are large enough and easy enough for even a senior citizen to use.
Ok I lied there is 4! ha ha ha
One other thing I want to add ...have you just ever held an ipod? it has this weight to it that makes it feel expensive like you really own something wonderful... I guess it is hard to explain :) Most people who talk bad about ipods are not ipod owners since the reason ipods do so well is because of repeat customer buying.I know people who have 4 gens of Ipods and they are all still working.
Tina

#59 LynnTH  OFFLINE  

LynnTH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 12:54 pm

Hi there. I have a question. I want to get my son (who is 7) and Ipod for Christmas. He has been begging for one. So, I was all set to get him the Shuffle as that is least expensive and I liked that he could wear it around his neck. Well, now I see the new designed Shuffles have a clip instead. Do you think this would be worse or better for a 7 year old. Or should I just get a refurbished Nano?? I am clueless when it comes to these, so any help would be great. Thanks.

#60 tmkuroda  OFFLINE  

tmkuroda

Laptop Queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 3:26 am

Right now on the apple website you can get a 1gig ( I think it was 1gig at least) nano for $149 plus tax new. My hubby has a shuffle which is great for him because he likes to mix up his music all the time. I don't think a kid would really like a shuffle because there is no way to tell what song is playing because there is no screen. Get the Nano...He will LOVE you for it! We have 2 ipod videos, one nano, and one shuffle in the house:) Tina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users