Stopping people who take cuts

tmkuroda

They should just give out tickets for the hot ticket items and have you pay for them as you check out and then pick them up at a different location after showing your reciept. Then those who stood out their all night would get first "dibs" on hot ticket items.

Shame on you if you cut the line especially in front of someone who been standing all night and freezing their buns off. But I do understand the friends that switches up because of the weather or bathroom breaks.

Bet they are the same people who take cuts when there is a lane closing up ahead in traffic:yuck: I hate those people too!

Tina

There is no way I would even attempt to ask someone here in South Jersey to put a number or name tag with a number on them. Last year they had 9 cop cars including 2 canine units to keep the crowd under control at our local Walmart. I'm not even going to bother going there this BF. We have really ignorant people here. I truly wish I could move out of the area as it's getting worse!:no:

Shame on you if you cut the line especially in front of someone who been standing all night and freezing their buns off. But I do understand the friends that switches up because of the weather or bathroom breaks.

Exactly !!! And I can see a few taking turns in line but not 10 or 20 people !!:)

maybe the could pass out numbered tickets for the limited number items at walmart, and general colored tickets, like 300 pink tickets, then 300 yellow, then 300 blue....and so on. when the doors open, let in only those with the color, wait three minutes, next group, three more minutes, next group.....:yup:

The one and only year I was at BB first thing, they actually did something like that. They didn't pass out the tickets but they only let so many in at a time.

Last year our WM was pretty organized when it came to people rushing the doors. They had two cops at the front of the line. Just a few minutes before the doors opened they pulled a firetruck up into the fire lane right in front of the doors so people couldn't be dropped off to rush the doors. What was really funny was all these people were trying to make nice with the cops and they got really pissed off when the doors opened and they were told that they had to wait for the whole line to enter before they could go in.

my husband, sister and two or three teenage nephews always go together and wait in line usually 1st or 2nd in line. We end up taking turns after the first hour and a half or so because it is usually way too cold here in New England to stay out there the whole time. Last year was the worst. It was like 10 degrees and VERY windy. We even took blankets out of the car to wrap up in. We also get yelled at for going back in line. The past few years there hav been State Police officers there as well and they always let us go back to our spots but do not allow people to just "show up" at the end. I wish our Walmart would hand out tickets. They DON"T and people kill eachother!!!

EEK! This is a toughie- and having been in the middle of the line and ended up last in because of all the pushing, etc, I feel your pain. Last year I was second and kinda "hugged the door" so that's how I was in so soon. Other than a not-so-polite "EXCUSE you!" I'm not sure what you can do. Maybe you should get one of those real loud honking cans...it might surprise them enough to get you in the door ahead of 'em!

Oooh I like the horn idea!:yup:

Last year I spotted a "would be cutter" trying to cut me and I gently rammed my carriage right by their feet! woops!:rolleyes:

Last year at TRU we were about 5th in line. Close to time of opening the manager and other employees were out talking about no line cutting. Well dh knew the manager and since he had NO interest of going in the store (he's just the driver) the manager had him take pictures (hes a wanna be professional photographer) of all the line cutters. He has a real fancy camera that takes like 20pics a second or something. Anyway the manager gave the photos of the line cutters to one of the local news stations.

This year the manager says that he's gonna take dh's photos and not let those people buy anything. He a a digital camera so you can clearly tell whos cutting.I dont think we're gonna be at TRU this year though so he'll have to get someone else to do it.

Maybe contact a local news crew (FOX allways likes these kind of stories) and have them come and catch all the line cutters.

I live in central fl and its ALLWAYS the same type of people who cut everyyear. I can't stand people like that!

Melissa

Some stores seem to have a worse problem with this than others. I always have this problem at Walmart. I wait in line forever and then as they come out to open the doors everyone who just got there or people from the end of the line come running up. The front of the line always calmly walks in but the end of the line PIA"S try to cut in. I had a bit of this problem at Target, but they handled it much better. They had several large bouncer type men at the door who politely "suggested" that cutters stand aside for those who truly waited in line. I love, love, love Target on BF!!!

One of the funniest things happened to us last year. I'm normally a Staples/BestBuy kind of person but a newbie I was training wanted something at Wal-Mart so we went there first. Were near the front of the line for what she wanted and about 1 hr prior to start this lady came up and said "Hi How have you been, it's been so long' and all this stuff and gives her a hug! So we chatted with this woman a little while and then tried to hint to her that she need to leave as we could not let her in line with us wouldn't be right. After we finally pushed her out, my friend informs me that she has no idea who this lady was!! At first thought maybe it was someone she just didn't remember but, no, she really didn't know her! We saw the lady try her routine on someone else a few minutes later. Thankfully she got shoved far back in line, but I had never seen someone try the long lost friend tactic!

It's crazy, I have never been staked out at BB or WM, but I do start at Menards first thing. And what you all are describing happens there. It's a hardware store, but they have great deals. Last year we had tons and tons of people who rushed the door from their cars. Sad thing is, there were no laptops, no tv's or gameboys. These people were rushing and stampeeding for squishy bead pillows, candles, batteries, some small tools and little other things. It was madness! But because of those deals, I'm gonna be back again this year! I am going to try and email or talk to the managers and see if they can't set up some kind of baracade to stop the car rushers. Can't put up carts, because the store runs out of them.

Hey guys. I'm new here, but have been surfing for sometime. I live in Greenville, SC but went to a bestbuy in Orlando last year. One of my good friends works at the bestbuy in Greenville, but unfortunately wouldn't tell me any hints he has heard about or when the ads might first come out. It was very orderly and no innocents occured from what I could tell. What they did is let only so many people in the store at once and gave the first people in line those tickets if they wanted one and that kept everything calm and smoothly instead of a mad dash like at walmart. I got there about 5am and there were a ton of people in line, but I got everything I wanted and there were free doughnuts and coffee too. :)

-This year I plan on going to the one in Anderson, which is the county to the left of Greenville and getting there at 11PM. The reason i'm doing this is because Greenville has 407,000 people while Anderson has somewhere over 100,000 people and they both have one best buy and are equal distance from my house. Pretty obvious which one is going to be more crowded.

my husband, sister and two or three teenage nephews always go together and wait in line usually 1st or 2nd in line. We end up taking turns after the first hour and a half or so because it is usually way too cold here in New England to stay out there the whole time. Last year was the worst. It was like 10 degrees and VERY windy. We even took blankets out of the car to wrap up in. We also get yelled at for going back in line. The past few years there hav been State Police officers there as well and they always let us go back to our spots but do not allow people to just "show up" at the end. I wish our Walmart would hand out tickets. They DON"T and people kill eachother!!!

hey lady- I am a NE'er too, MA, foxboro to be exact- where you from?