eat breakfast before or after you open gifts?

copados1993

I like the casserole idea have any good ones?

4 slices bread

12 to 16 ounces bacon or sausage, cooked and drained

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

6 eggs, beaten

2 cups milk

1 teaspoon dry mustard

PREPARATION:

Grease the bottom of a 9"x13" pan. Tear up 4 slices of bread and place in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle cooked crubled bacon or sausage over bread pieces. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the bacon or sausage. Mix eggs, milk and mustard together; pour over casserole. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.

We don't eat breakfast at all on Christmas morning. My little girl is normally up by 7 (at the latest) and she goes straight for the presents. However, I do have doughnuts and coffee for the adults. We always have an early Christmas dinner around 12 or 1 (much in the same fashion of Thanksgiving dinner) and that is our only real meal of the day.

Christmas morning it is just DH and myself. We usually do everything at the same time lol. We cook breakfast together, and open gifts while cooking.

Then after breakfast we get ready to travel to the homes of family and friends to drop off gifts, and end up at my Aunt's home to spend the rest of the day with extended family.

We open our presents first. When the initial unwrap is finished, I pop the breakfast casserole in the oven while hubby helps the kids get the things out of the packages and get the batteries into things. The kiddies play until breakfast is ready.

I love Christmas, all this talk is making me so excited!:holiday02:holiday08:holiday16

We have a family tradition that has gone on for years. We open our gifts late christmas eve (my side of the family)We have done this since I was a baby..Than my sisters and their children and DH's head over to Mom & Dads for more gift opening. After a very long day we head home and play with the children to wee hours of the morning. On Christmas Day we visit DH side than back to Moms for a big Christmas dinner.

No breakfast. We get up, do gifts, get cleaned up and dressed , then we head to my mother's where my sisters and brother meet us. We stop and get coffe somewhere (usuallly a gas station) on the way. Sometimes mom has cinnamon buns or something like that waiting. We get right to it with the gifts. We eat snacky finger foods, usually summer sausage, crackers, crab dip, veggie dip, etc. We have dinner around 1pm or so and that is really the only 'meal' we have all day. Then we move on to visit my husbands side of the family, go backto moms and play board games and eat leftovers until the wee hours.

We do presents first. Usually the kids are eating candy out of their stocking then we clean up, get dressed, snack on whatever and head off to the family gathering. Then we are home really late. Sometimes it stinks because we have such a huge family we dont get to enjoy xmas as much as we would like together with just the 4 of us.

• 3 weeks later...

Since we've had kids we open presents after breakfast. I'd never get them to eat if I let them open their presents first. (they're only 2 and 1/2) Once they get older it will probably be a different story.

Chocolate gravy? I have never heard of that!!!! I'm a major chocoholic (sp?) but I really just can't imagine eating that on a biscuit. I can't knock it till I try it though, so maybe I'll make a batch this weekend! I'm sure my boys would think it's wonderful! :)

I make those Sweet Orange rolls out of a can for breakfast right before the kids bet up (if I can catch them). The kids won't slow down to eat, so we adults munch on them until I see the kids winding down, and I start breakfast. The Orange Rolls are a tradition. In fact, one of the "fake toy" packages we bought for the kids YEARS ago happened to have a miniature version of the Orange Rolls as an item. We made it into an ornament. :rolleyes: