eat breakfast before or after you open gifts?

copados1993

We open gifts as soon as everyone is up and then I make a big

breakfast with all the fixings :giggle: Then on Christmas night before

bed we open our stockings.

Has anyone else tried that Pepperidge Farm French Toast Casserole?

It is sinful, made with the PF breakfast breads (french vanilla is my fav mmmmm I love it, def not health food:p

We always open our gifts before we eat. I usually make a casserole the night before so i can just pop it in the oven. Do most people open gifts before or after they eat? I know my kids could NEVER wait to open gifts from Santa LOL.

I do the same thing here. There is no way I could keep my kids from the presents and quite frankly, I can't wait either!:yup:

open gifts first. My kids would never chew a bite if the tree was still filled with presents. lol. I do however, have my coffee started before gifts are started. Thats why I get up super early, turn the tree lights on, start my coffee, and get the video camera ready.

Gosh, I feel like an oddball-- we've done Christmas breakfast first for as long as I can remember! But then again, my parents haven't had to deal with small ones that wake up too early in MANY years! :rolleyes:

I hate being alone on Christmas Eve, so I stay at my parents' house that night. The next morning, the three of us get up around 4:30 or 5:00 to start cooking. Christmas breakfast is our big family meal, so we have a HUGE spread of eggs, bacon, sausage, country ham, biscuits, gravy, etc... Everyone else knows to be there by 7:00 if they don't want to end up with cold leftovers!:P

Then after everyone's eaten, we gather in the den and the young kids pass out all the gifts. However, I think the little ones got to open a few "Santa" gifts at home before they came over...

And after all the gifts are opened and the mess cleaned up, the rest of the family heads out to other gatherings while my parents and I snack on leftovers and take naps!:D

We open up a good majority of the gifts first. Then we eat breakfast (last year cinnamon rolls) and finish up the gift opening. We then go to the in-laws for Christmas brunch and open up gifts. When we come back home late in the afternoon we open our stockings. It saves some of the fun of Christmas to do it this way.

We always have baked french toast for breakfast. You prepare it the night before so all that needs done in the morning is to put it in the oven for about an hour. This gives us plenty of time to open presents and then have a nice hot breakfast afterwords.

My wife is from Michigan, and they are big into chocolate gravy. Me, it makes me ill to think of eating a biscuit covered in what is basically runny chocolate pudding. :/ I always have jam on the days she makes chocolate gravy!

Back on topic, we always open the presents first, though we have a cookie (or six) and drinks while we do so.

I love chocolate gravy but I gag when thinking of it on a soggy biscuit. Gross:yuck: . I always put it in a bowl and put lots of butter in it. Eat with a spoon.

Yum.:D

I've never heard of chocolate gravy!!

We have a huge shrimp feed at my aunt's for chrismas eve (complete with presents). Then we stay up and eat all the leftovers while we put together Santa presents. Then we get up and unwrap here... no food, just coffee. Then we rush to my mom's before my little sister has a heart attack waiting (mom won't let her open until we get there) After presents there, we have a huge fancy breakfast. Then we pack up, come home, unload, and head to a couple more lunches, and a few dinners.

The only place we go that doesn't open presents 1st is my grandmother's. She makes us all eat every last bite, then we have to open presents one at a time from youngest to oldest. After you open each one, you have to pose for a picture. There used to be 12 of us, now there's 25.. it's absolute MISERY for the little ones. It takes about 2 1/2 hours to open 4 presents each.

I get up first and put in the Breakfast casserole. Then the family all gets up and opens the stockings and checks to see what "Santa" has brought. We have breakfast and afterwards open the presents under the tree. After showers we hold a "fashion show" to see all the clothes that we got.