eat breakfast before or after you open gifts?

copados1993

The boys are allowed to have their stockings before we eat. :) Then we have donuts, muffins, bagles, something like that, then we open gifts. However, they are older (12 and 14)and know we did not do it that way when they were younger.

All the years my older kids have been growing up we woke early (5AM) and went to my grandmothers house. She my mom ( when in the states) and me would cook breakfast for the whole family. If everyone came about 30 people. Grandma is no longer here and mom is in Bolivia. So no one is getting together this year. The kids want to sleep in some and have a lite breakfast. I guess it is time for a change.

OMG!! Someone else actually eats Chocolate Gravy!! My husband makes it about once a month!!! I thought it was just him!!! LOL

We are a Chocolate gravy family too. DH grew up on it. So of course I had to take on the tradition. The kids love it too but not enough to leave those packages under the tree. So we eat after. :yup:

After, there's no way I am standing between 4 kids telling them to come eat some eggs and wait on all of that Ho Ho goodness under the tree. Lol. ;)

BTW: I haven't had chocolate gravy in oh... say, probably 15 years. But I do remember it being wonderful:D

(saying I remember having something 15 years ago just made me feel old)

Chocolate gravy? Hmmmm...I'm intrigued...mind sharin what that is?:gdlicklips:

Here's the recipe that I use:

2 heaping T. flour

2 heaping T. cocoa

1 cup sugar

1.5 cups milk

1 T. vanilla flavoring

Mix the dry ingredients together. Bring milk to a boil. Stir in dry ingredients and vanilla, reduce heat and stir constantly until thick.

I find that it's best to use a whisk for stirring to make it smooth and I always add a little butter to mine. Also, if it's thicker than you like it just add a little more milk before serving.

After. We always eat Christmas breakfast (bacon, biscuits, and chocolate gravy) at my parents house.

My wife is from Michigan, and they are big into chocolate gravy. Me, it makes me ill to think of eating a biscuit covered in what is basically runny chocolate pudding. :/ I always have jam on the days she makes chocolate gravy!

Back on topic, we always open the presents first, though we have a cookie (or six) and drinks while we do so.