How much money do u spend on Kids?

Deal Grabber

I've never actually added everything up. I try to get them what they want, but I have my limits there too, Like I will not buy any new game systems when they come out when they will be 1/2 the price the next Christmas, so they don't even ask! I will not buy the newly released PS2 games either, I refuse to pay $50 for them, when they'll be $25 in 6 months, if they want the newly released games the buy them with their own money! I always base mine on number of gifts, usually about 20 or 30 each, I always make it even for both.

I aress, I don't count the actual amount spent for each, just make sure they have the same amount, DD's are 16 and 12 so they are into different things so it's easier to make it total amount of gifts and not price. This is going to be the first year since my 16 yo was born that I don't get to buy either of my girls a baby doll:gdcry:

I don't have a set limit. I have two boys one is 15 and the other is 8. They both get such different things instead of trying to spend the same amount on each I try to make is so they get the same number of things. My dh says I spend way too much (and I do) but he worse then I am. I will think I'm done and he says did you get Gibson the cool little drum set he wanted. NOOO back to the stores I go.

Oh my gosh... I have never tried to add it up. I would be so afraid! I only have one daughter and she is spoiled rotten. If I had to guess, I would say that I spend no less than $400 and the max is prob. $650 or so.

I am a bargain shopper though and start buying Christmas presents in January so it goes a long way.

Well, I have 5 children..I try to spend around 150.00 on each. I am trying to get the Nintendo Wii for the 2 oldest boys. So that will be a joined gift. So I will probably go over my limit with them. I usually try to get the same amount of presents for each child for the same amount of money, but it never works. :(

my mom always went over board for me and my brother at christmas and i guess that rubbed off on me. i don't know how much i spent last yr, but i know that so far i got about 20 gifts for each of my 2 kids and spent about $200. i saved money just for christmas shopping when great sales came up and it's really paid off, all the stuff i got is stuff they asked for and not just things i think they'll like and don't lol. i hope to be done soon. but i always see something else to get them.

I just added it up. I spent a little over $1000 for all three put together. About 1/3 of that is joint gifts (big things like the Dora Castle with all accessories and baby doll strollers, etc.).

And that is AFTER I decided I got too much and took alot back :)

We usually spent about 200 on our son but this year we decided to get him one thing that cost that much so im sure that we will be going way over board this year and we also have an addition so im thinking about 400 each. I have alot of shopping done and hope to finish on BF.

I am a single mother on a very limited income (and no child support!) but my children get a really really nice christmas in part by me clearance shopping all year long and by my christmas bonus! I would never even be able to tell you how much I spend. And it dont help that my oldest daugthers birthday is on the 19th of December so I always have to make sure to keep it out of her christmas pile. I usually try to make sure they each have the same number of presents usually between 35-40. And they are not all that expensive they just look it!

We have 3 children...depending what is on their wish lists, we spend between $200 - $300 on each. This year, 10 year old daughter is wanting a nintendo ds lite. The boys ages 5 & 4 aren't too expensive...YET! I'm about 50% done with their shopping and now I'm awaiting Black Friday!!!!

right now we only have 1 daughter who turns 4 on 11/28. with her bday 1 month before xmas, we tend to not buy her a lot since her presents from her bday are still new. and a lot of people buy for her(her grandparents, 3 aunts plus dh and I).

for xmas she gets 1 big thing from santa and then we get her usually about 10 presents... so i think we spend about 200-300 on her. next year we will be different since we will have 2 kids, lol. we are expecting a boy next month(12/31). but they will be 4 years apart and different genders, so that has to help the budget for when they get older.... right?????? someone tell me im onto something here, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

i got 4 kids, age 17,16,15 and 12 snd i will spend about 1,000 total, which includes sending stuff to my son who is at bootcamp right now, but will be at his school at christmas time.

they moslty want clothes and electronics.

Oh tell your son I and my family Thank Him for what he does ( my Dh & Dad served in the Navy)and to stay safe, take care! I'm glad he'll be home for Christmas! <<Hugs>>to ALL who serve and their families :gdthankyou::gdhug2:

We've saved just over $1,200 between change, and bills here and there throughout the year thrown in a box. I guess it really adds up. We normally like to get a family gift and really don't set an amount per child, but try to keep it reasonable. It's a little hard because our oldest just turned 20 and is going to be getting married and our other son is 10. So while it sometimes seems like the younger one gets more it's really just that some of the things he usually wants are cheaper. Our oldest son understands so we don't have a problem.

Some of the $$ we've saved will probably also buy some food for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.

we have 3 lil lovelies ages 9,11 & 13 they all get one gift that ranges in the $100-150 range usually technology related one wants an mp3 player, one a pink nintendo ds and the other a cell phone "on a plan" lol, we usually do a box of clothes, a gift card each and one or two other items they have asked for....since I am remarried 2 of my children REALLY make-out at Christmas time due to my ex's side of the family and my dh's side treats them like they are their own-it's my youngest who sometimes gets much less-now thats hard to not over-compensate for...

We ARE one of those families that live paycheck to paycheck and to be honest with you I have NO idea how we pull it off each yr! right about now is when i start buying the bigger items-i shop for clothes right after the back to school sales hit and things go on clearance(I have to my kids like abercrombie,hollister and american eagle the only way i could afford it is on clearance) for Christmas so i have most of that done...I will buy one big ticket item each paycheck(dh's check-as i am a sub and work is sporatic) and i do get weekly child support payments now those really come into play for the holidays, and now is the time for them become non-exsistent yiyiyiyi

to be honest with you this site has helped me tremendously in freebies and gift cards/certificates and cold hard cash(i was a gawker for about a yr before I took the plunge and joined-hence my newbie status) but I have gotten a lot of GREAT items for other family members for Christmas like a senseo coffe pod,whole coffe beans for the coffee lovers in our family,wal-mart gc's,the sims 2 and the sims 2 pets just to name a few and thank goodness for the $105 amazon gc's i have saved up so far as that will help buy the mp3 player for my child...all the samples i have gotten like shampoos,conditioners,lotions,perfume samples,trial sizes of items,spices etc i will make small gift baskets out of by adding a few personal touches of my own...for neighbors and the unexpected holiday guest

we say every yr we are NOT going to put anything on the CC's but we usually have to put a few items on the charge cards.....

well i have replied to 2 questions and still couldnt answer either one LOL I honestly dont know how much we spend on our kids hubby says toooo much and answered about the paycheck to paycheckers.....and still am not sure how we do it....

thanks for lettin me ramble:)

I don't have any set amount. My kids are only 2 years 4 months, and 10 months. I will not be spending a lot on them because they won't even know the difference and we really don't have a lot of extra money. My guess is that all together with stocking stuffers and gifts I will try to stay around $100.00 each and plan to buy a few clothing items that they need.