How much money do u spend on Kids?

Deal Grabber

I don't even want to talk about it :blush: Way to much after it is all said and done. We always say well we will only spend 300 or less per child but :cough: it usually balloons. We are talking about getting DS either a PS 3 or a 360 for his big gift so that should say a lot. DH is as bad as I am, he has hinted in suprizing the kids this year with a go kart. In our defense we are the only ones that buy for the kids. Both sets of grands are deceased and they are lucky if they get anything from my ex. So a lot of it is overcompensating for other things ;). Plus DH buys things for DS that he wants too :sidesplit ie the PS 3

I've never actually added everything up. I try to get them what they want, but I have my limits there too, Like I will not buy any new game systems when they come out when they will be 1/2 the price the next Christmas, so they don't even ask! I will not buy the newly released PS2 games either, I refuse to pay $50 for them, when they'll be $25 in 6 months, if they want the newly released games the buy them with their own money! I always base mine on number of gifts, usually about 20 or 30 each, I always make it even for both.

It really depends on what they are asking for/need at the time. I also don't worry about spending the same amount on each child. I may end up spending $200 more on one than the other two but I always make sure they have the same number of presents under the tree.

Judging by these post, I don't feel alone anymore. I spend big time on my kids. Most of it is b/c I like to play with toys as much as they do!

Oh the memories I have of my mother playing with me and my toys. I can remember one Christmas morning I woke a bit early and peeked into the living room and there my mother was playing with the doll house Santa had left for me.

Of course she said she was testing. :cool: