>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Is anyone else having so many problems with the wii. Played mine once tried the second time would not read disk. Got an advance replacment. Opened it to play and it will play all the bought disk but not the wii sports disk that came with it(our favorite). They are supposed to be sending a new one for over a week now.

Is anyone else having so many problems with the wii. Played mine once tried the second time would not read disk. Got an advance replacment. Opened it to play and it will play all the bought disk but not the wii sports disk that came with it(our favorite). They are supposed to be sending a new one for over a week now.

Well, since Xmas DS(10) has been saying that when he's playing any Wii game it'll get stuck and he has to pull out the plug to get it to reset but it doesn't happen all the time and it's happened on different games, not the same one. Weird!

Anyone having any trouble with the Wii getting stuck/freezing while playing any game???

Anyone going to Best Buy this morning??

If your not there by now, forget it.

I stopped by Circuit City an hour before they opened and there were a ton of people in line.

The Target store by me had 24 units (they opened at 8 AM), and they were gone by the time they opened.

This is getting ridiculous.

I got one! CC had 4 and I was #3 in line. We didn't even get there until 8. Our Target didn't have any. Turns out they were expecting them today, but they ended up getting none. Best Buy had that "garuntee" of 20 and there were at least 20 people in the line. People had been waiting there since before 4 a.m. When they could slept in then went to CC and gotten it even earlier! (BB opens at 11 CC opens at 10)

We went by Target @ 7:15, ours got zero, then went to CC they had 5 we were 6th in line soooo we went to Best Buy it is the 1st time 13 was our lucky number. We were 13th in line and they had 33!!! Yeah our search is over.:gdclap: :gdclap: :gdclap:

I got one! :eyepoppin I hope a lot of you guys got one as well.

With the promise of at least 20 per store we arrived at Bestbuy at 10:20 am (because the website said they open at 11). Well there were people already in the store! We stood in line for 5 minutes with 4 people ahead of us, and then they announced that they were all sold out! There would have been enough for a few more people had one woman not used her 2 kids to purchase a total of 3 systems :shock:

After that we sped over to another Bestbuy, asked the man near the door, and he directed us to the guy who was handing out tickets. He gave us a ticket and actually had about 7 left in his hand! I was surprised since San Antonio is kind of a big city.

-

So we got our Wii, and purchased a Wiimote and nun chuck at Target (since Bestbuy was all sold out), all before 11am!

We asked at Target and they said they didn't get any Wii's in. Guess some stores just got lucky, but the woman said they put them out as they get them, usually just one at a time.

Does anyone know if Gamestop got any in? Their ad sure made it look like they were supposed to, but none of the employees would fess up :blush:

YOu know what I find funny . The big hype was for the PS3 and its the Wii everyone wants .. I was lucky to get mine on the day of launch . Kids love it.. but we also got the PS3(for DH for the blu ray dvd player ) .. Everyone said this was going to be the easy one to get but ended up the hot toy :yup:

I have no idea why I did not get out of bed and get one yesterday. BB, Target, CC all had them here and they did not have any lines at all until minutes before the store opened. Oh well. My son will get one some time or another. Just trying to get it for his birthday but we can also wait until his birthday and see how much money he gets for his games to buy. I did manage to get the wiimote and nunchuk at Target.

I ended up very lucky to get one the Friday before xmas, just a fluke and we have played it since Christmas and never have had any problems with it freezing or discs not working or anything. The one problem we had was the remotes batteries died and we didn't know what the problem was (got left on all night) but that was easily fixed. So far its a blast!! We have the wii sports, Zelda and Rayman Rabbits so far and the kids and (adults) love it!!

I ended up very lucky to get one the Friday before xmas, just a fluke and we have played it since Christmas and never have had any problems with it freezing or discs not working or anything. The one problem we had was the remotes batteries died and we didn't know what the problem was (got left on all night) but that was easily fixed. So far its a blast!! We have the wii sports, Zelda and Rayman Rabbits so far and the kids and (adults) love it!!

If you're playing a game, and hit the home button on the remote, then it will pull up a screen that will show you the battery life for each of the remotes that are in use at that time.

we managed to luck out and get one as well for my son for his b-day in march. i wasn't TOO worried about getting one as we have til march, but thought i'd give it a shot. our cc, bb & target all got their stock in.

now of course my daughter has changed her mind on the american girl doll for her b-day and now wants a wii as well, so i'll still be stalking the thread to see when there is another shipment expected!!

thanks so much to everyone who posts expected shipments!!!!!!!!!!!

My dear cousin picked one up for me at CC on Sunday so I now have my Wii! The sports disk is a blast as a previous poster said. The wii defintiely lives up to the hype. Plus as Nintendo was hoping, its engaging all types of people, just ask my inlaws! Good luck to you all! I can finally stop looking at this post!

we managed to luck out and get one as well for my son for his b-day in march. i wasn't TOO worried about getting one as we have til march, but thought i'd give it a shot. our cc, bb & target all got their stock in.

now of course my daughter has changed her mind on the american girl doll for her b-day and now wants a wii as well, so i'll still be stalking the thread to see when there is another shipment expected!!

thanks so much to everyone who posts expected shipments!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do they need to have their own Wii?.

Just an FYI that on some of the gaming boards I am on they are talking about Wal-Mart having them in this coming Sunday's (January 28) ads. I'm still waiting for someone to actually post an ad. These are the same boards that talked about the BB and Target ads two weeks ago. So, I am pretty sure Wal-Mart will be having their own little Wii party this coming Sunday. So, for those that didn't get one this past Sunday....there may still be a chance.

I just got my new Walmart ad and the Wii is in it and the effective date of the ad is Jan. 28th. Sorry I can't scan for you. It says minimum of 5 per store, limit one per customer.

Does it say when they actually go on sale? They are open 24 hours, so I am curious as to how they are going to do this. I'm glad I already have one. It's going to be a mad house.

Yes the effective date of the ad is January 28th, so it is this Sunday

It has been their procedure to release limited release items on the day the ad starts unless otherwise stated.

but since they are open 24 hours a day, how will they "put them out"? at midnight on the 28th?

but since they are open 24 hours a day, how will they "put them out"? at midnight on the 28th?

Yep! I am sure a line will form. Usually in crafts and fabrics,layaway,photo labor or rarely electronics.I would make nice with an employee and find out where.

Walmart.com has a bundle available. From what people have said earlier in the thread, you can return the games you don't want to the store (if you intend on doing this, verify the return policy before you plunk down the $550 for the pack).