>>> Official Previous BF Pricematching Experience Thread <<<

Brad

You have to watch price matching at walmart. they will only do it if the other store is within 30 miles. the closest best buy to my local walmart is 47 miles away so they wouldn't match any of the prices - it was the same thing with price matching target and kmart. this year i am going to drive the 47 miles to the other town that has the stores i want

I have never PM'ed before. Is it very time consuming?

It can be, it pays to be prepared:

• Bring a copy of the competitors ad.
  • Also bring the competing stores locations and phone numbers.
  • Call the stores and see which have the item in stock.

Technically the PM will only be approved if the competitor has it IN STOCK.

Guest ladakn99

um... would circuit city pricematch stuff from BestBuy or RadioShaq or any other electronics store?.

Therefore, forget waiting in the line at bestbuy to get some laptops and LCD HDTV's, i can get it from CC.

does anyone know about "Mail In Rebates" and "E-Rebates" and "Instant Rebates" if they pricematch on those three things???

Thanks

You have to watch price matching at walmart. they will only do it if the other store is within 30 miles. the closest best buy to my local walmart is 47 miles away so they wouldn't match any of the prices - it was the same thing with price matching target and kmart. this year i am going to drive the 47 miles to the other town that has the stores i want

Wow, I live more than 50 miles away from any big store except for Walmart and I've never had any problems pm'ing. I'm hoping it's just up to the individual manager, because if I can't pm I'll be driving to a larger city. :yuck: It's not a huge problem, I usually travel anyway - but it's nice to be on familiar turf during the doorbuster sales.

Guess I'll be talking to my local manager again this year just to make sure beforehand huh?

Wow, I live more than 50 miles away from any big store except for Walmart and I've never had any problems pm'ing. I'm hoping it's just up to the individual manager, because if I can't pm I'll be driving to a larger city. :yuck: It's not a huge problem, I usually travel anyway - but it's nice to be on familiar turf during the doorbuster sales.

Guess I'll be talking to my local manager again this year just to make sure beforehand huh?

I called mine and they said that they will PM :)

Tina

I always price match at Walmart. I had a little bit of trouble last year with a few bigger items that Best Buy had. Season of 25 was 56.00 and I got it for 19.99. My husband was thrilled with that one!

I PMed this same boxed set of 24 last year also. You would have thought the savings was coming out of the cashier's pocket. She had to call the manager because she said that it was too cheap. lol.

I got my boxed set of 24 and my hubby loved it for Christmas. :D

Guest kathybmb
I will have to remember to call walmart this yr. I price matched there last yr and saved my self a trip to linens and things for the robosapean robot they had on sale for 39.99 original 99.00 in walmart.. i actually will sit and have a pricematching plan and list ready to go..lol..

I am considering a new strategy this year and want to hear if anyone else has tried it. I am going to purchase the items I want within two weeks of Black Friday and then bring them to the store that morning and either have them price adjust (most stores have a policy that if the item goes on sale within 14 days of your purchase they will refund the difference) or return them and repurchase them. Wouldn't this guarantee me getting what I want? Just an idea and I wanted to get some feedback if anyone else has tried this. It kind of feels like cheating....but I will be 8 months pregnant on BF so I want to avoid the rush as much as possible!

Heather

Had a varied experience last year regarding price matching...

Saw a particular video game (PS2 Battlefront II) that was on sale in the K-Mart BF flier for $19.99.

1) Went to K-Mart, they said: "sorry, it was a mistake, should be Battlefront I not II". :mad:

2) Went to Circuit City with K-Mart ad in hand, they said: "no way, this must be a mistake". :mad:

3) Went to Best Buy, they said: "Of course we will price match this K-Mart ad price!". :yup:

4) Friend went to Walmart, they said: "Yes, we will price match the advertised price". :yup:

Had friend purchase 2 extra Battlefront II games, sold on E-Bay for $35 each. BII was in short supply and if you could get it, the price was $49.99 + sales tax (state dependent of course). :smart:

So, I will again look to Best Buy and/or Walmart for Price Matching again this BF. :)

Last year I started at the PX (Military Exchange). I pricematched everything that I could at the PX. They didn't like me very much......lol I then went to Walmart and matched all the things I couldn't get at the PX and the things I know K-Mart would be out of by the time I got there. Lol....... My husband VOWED he is not coming with me this year...........

Had a varied experience last year regarding price matching...

Saw a particular video game (PS2 Battlefront II) that was on sale in the K-Mart BF flier for $19.99.

1) Went to K-Mart, they said: "sorry, it was a mistake, should be Battlefront I not II". :mad:

2) Went to Circuit City with K-Mart ad in hand, they said: "no way, this must be a mistake". :mad:

3) Went to Best Buy, they said: "Of course we will price match this K-Mart ad price!". :yup:

4) Friend went to Walmart, they said: "Yes, we will price match the advertised price". :yup:

Had friend purchase 2 extra Battlefront II games, sold on E-Bay for $35 each. BII was in short supply and if you could get it, the price was $49.99 + sales tax (state dependent of course). :smart:

So, I will again look to Best Buy and/or Walmart for Price Matching again this BF. :)

When CC runs regular sales on PS2 games like Madden and NBA Live my local walmart pulls all of their stock from the shelf and tells people they are out of it until the sale is over. I know they aren't out b/c i used to work there and i asked my friend in electronics about it and she told me what they did. I asked if it was just when Madden was on sale, but she said no they do it with all of the popular games

I wanted to Pricematch something at BestBuy. Found out that customer service was closed and won't open till noon. I didn't feel like going there again after staying up all night and feeling crappy most of the day. I think they'll be doing the same thing this year. As a matter of fact every year.

Edit: Now that I remember, I tried to do the "return/rebuy" method more than pricematching which obviously didn't work because those deals ended at noon.

I thought you could PM during checkout if you have the competitors ad with you?

Unless they have different rules during BF.

I thought so too. But the cashier said that customer service won't be opening untill 12. maybe he was f****** with me or everyone who wanted to PM for that matter. and I wanted to return/rebuy anyway so I didn't bother wasting my time.

Best Buy uses all of there registers during BF and this includes the Customer Service area. My close friend who is a area manager for BB said they corp sent down an email stating that they wont price match this year and that all registers will be used for checkout only between open and 12noon on BF.

Best Buy uses all of there registers during BF and this includes the Customer Service area. My close friend who is a area manager for BB said they corp sent down an email stating that they wont price match this year and that all registers will be used for checkout only between open and 12noon on BF.

Probably more focused on not price matching/returning than checking more people out if I know BB like I think I do. All about "firing the bad customers." :yuck:

Adam

I have never price matched and I am not sure I am going to start. My local Walmart is usually filled with employees that can barely figure out prices on their own items let alone trying to figure how to give someone a price from a different store. Plus, I always feel guilty holding up the line. I know that a lot of the people behind me are trying to just pay, get out, and on to the next store. I would feel bad holding them up so I could save a dollar on a CD. I guess if you are buying a lot of PM stuff and you don't mind ticking off everyone behind you then it is worth it. Maybe I will try it one of these days.

um... would circuit city pricematch stuff from BestBuy or RadioShaq or any other electronics store?.

Therefore, forget waiting in the line at bestbuy to get some laptops and LCD HDTV's, i can get it from CC.

does anyone know about "Mail In Rebates" and "E-Rebates" and "Instant Rebates" if they pricematch on those three things???

Thanks

I PM'd some DVDs last year at Circuit City that were on sale at BB. You just have to make sure you have the ad with you.

And no one honors PM's according to rebates. Also, they do not honor % offs, or BOGOs (Buy one, get one).

my DH's 3 sisters and I sit around after dinner on Thanksgiving and make a list of what we want from where and which order we're going to them in - that way come morning we just get ready and GO!! We usually take 3 vehicles and hook up with other friends/family for lunch, then I would be the party pooper that leaves. I like to spend the rest of the day at home!! (but we're gone so early, I'm usually done by lunch! )

Last year I price matched a few dvds at Walmart on Thanksgiving day from the Kmart ad (I knew they would be out from past experience). Walmart had plenty of the dvds and had no problem price matching. I had called the store manager the day before just to double-check.

I then went looking at a few items I had on my BF shopping list and ran into problems. A couple computer games my brother wanted, they didn't even carry. Also a couple season series they didn't have that many. So I ended up in the line at Best Buy freezing to death

I have never price matched and I am not sure I am going to start. My local Walmart is usually filled with employees that can barely figure out prices on their own items let alone trying to figure how to give someone a price from a different store. Plus, I always feel guilty holding up the line. I know that a lot of the people behind me are trying to just pay, get out, and on to the next store. I would feel bad holding them up so I could save a dollar on a CD. I guess if you are buying a lot of PM stuff and you don't mind ticking off everyone behind you then it is worth it. Maybe I will try it one of these days.

Yeah, I don't feel a bit guilty when I'm pm'ing. But then, I also don't get too worked up over being stuck in line behind someone else either. My Walmart has always been super fast though - I'm usually walking out the door by 6:30 at the latest.

Last year I price matched a few dvds at Walmart on Thanksgiving day from the Kmart ad (I knew they would be out from past experience). Walmart had plenty of the dvds and had no problem price matching. I had called the store manager the day before just to double-check.

I then went looking at a few items I had on my BF shopping list and ran into problems. A couple computer games my brother wanted, they didn't even carry. Also a couple season series they didn't have that many. So I ended up in the line at Best Buy freezing to death

Yeah, I always check what I want vs. what Walmart actually has in stock prior to walking in. That way I already know ahead of time where else I need to go. :yup:

I gathered up all of my ads, saved the cheapest priced ads and went to Walmart. When I went through the check out they pricematched everything. One item was so much cheaper on the Ad they asked for a managers okay, but it was quick and painless. I enjoyed getting it all at one place!

The WMs in this area are great(NE Nebraska and NW Iowa). Most of my friends and I price match the grocery ads. Saves a ton, esp. during holiday baking. With the price of gas and the lack of time I have, I don't have to drive around to each store to get the sale items like my mom did when I was growing up. So I take the ads from wal-greens (usually milk and cereal items), hy-vee fairway and any other area grocery stores. It has to be ads for a specific amount, not a percent off. Also works for ads from michaels and hobby lobby etc. when buying craft items. The other advantage is that the local kmart is horrible about having sale items in stock. I usually just stop and get it at walmart to save myself time.

Question about the supercenters that are open all night - I know they won't let you put the items into your cart til the stores open, but can you shop for the items from the other ads that you are planning to price match and put them in your cart?

At KB Toys they have B2G1F on all fisher proce items excluding Elmo. Could I price match that at WM? I would love to get 3 FP cameras for the price of 2.

Tina

No. Wal-mart (and everyone else as far as I know) will only price match dollar amounts. So 3/$100 on a normally $50 item will work, but not the b2g1. You could always try at the register, but don't count on it if that's really what you want.

Last year at Toys R Us, if items that I purchased prior to BF had lower prices or doorbuster prices on BF they refunded me the price difference. This applied as long as you made it to the store prior to the end of the door buster time period. Do noy know if they will do it this year.