Does your family/friends think you are *nuts* for shopping on BF?

NeepNeep

Ha Ha- they all laughed at me until a few years ago. Last BF they were all out in the 20 degree weather with me to get the bogo fisher price toys at KB and the gc's at sears, then the wal-mart shuffle for baby cabbage patches. The super cheap batteries at CVS were a draw and the f.a.r. items at ace hardware. Even my dad, who always thought we were nuts is now oiut with us to get the deals at staples while we wait at sears. I love it!

Only DH still thinks we're nuts, which works for me because if he wanted to go then there would be a fight about who had to stay in and watch the kids. :D NOT ME!

Nah, my family doesn't think I'm nuts, but then again I work at a Walmart. I'm pretty happy I get to go shopping that day (which is why my mom normally gives me a list of things to pick up for her). This year shopping at my Walmart might be easier as we are going through construction to a supercenter....or at least I hope it is!

Mom calls me the "Smart Shopper" hehe

My husband thinks it's a good idea, he will think its an even better idea if I am able to get him what he wants for Christmas. If he's home next year I bet he will even go to get electronics :)

My friends think I am kinda weird though. One of them keeps telling me "There are always good deals in SD" well, we will just see about that!

My parents use to think that my DH and I were nuts until my Dad decided he'd go with me when my husband was deployed. Now, my Dad wouldn't think NOT to go LOL!!! I took him to Macy's and spent right over 300. I got over 800.00 dollars worth of stuff! I think my Dad was about to have a heart attack. He finally got the idea that you could get WAY more for your money!!!:D

Heck I think I am nuts but I cant or wont stop. This year I am hoping my wife will be off so she can go also. Between my sister and I we pick the 2 stores we like the best deals at and she gets 1 and I get the other. That way we each get the others stuff while we are there. Now if my wife goes we can send her somewhere.

Personally I think the people who don't go are nuts!!!

But yes all my family, friends, co-workers all say I'm nuts except my husband but then my family always ask me to pick something up for them. I don't mind doing shopping for my dad cause he is older and can't get around real well due to his legs, but I think this year it's gonna be about me and my shopping. If everyone else wants the deals then they can get their butts out in the freezing cold and stand in line also!

My entire family is BF NUTS. It has been a family tradition for as long as I can remember. After Thanksgiving dinner, we gather around the ads and develop our game plan - depending on the deals, we may need to split up and go to different stores. We always have a buddy system -- one to gather the goods & one to protect them. Nobody steals anything from our buggies.

My husband and mother think I'm nuts for going out on BF. My mother at one time would go but now she will not. So now I take my sister and best friend with me we leave @ 3am. We all stand in different places @WM and meet up later to exchange items in our cart. When I come home I will tell my husband how much I paid for everything. I can't wait for BF!!!!!!!!:D

• 1 month later...
I use to think my mother was crazy for going out that early, I'd laugh when she;d go on about it, now that I am a mother wanting the deals I am out earlier then her, she laughs at me now.. I feel its totally worth it, things are so expensive its better to get the deals, you can sleep later...

My mom who used to go with me thinks I'm nuts for going so early in the morning. My husband just shakes his head as I head out the door.

LOL Too funny! My hubby can't shake anything at me when I'm walking out the door because he's sleeping and so is everyone else. :D

This year my oldest son is going with me so I feel like a BF virgin! I keep telling him if he falls asleep and doesn't get up before I'm ready-I'm leaving without him. :razz:

Most of my friends and family think I am crazy so shopping on BF isn't any different than what they already think. I have gotten my 60 year old parents into it. They complain every year about doing it, but they still go the next year. I usually hate to shop, but on BF it's a new game, where can I go and get the best deals and how many places can I hit for EB specials. My husband and others still think I am crazy for getting up that early and freezing my behind off standing in line to get into my first store.

They especially think Im nuts this year as they have heard me complaining about the lack of toy items for my kids. They don't understand if I don't really need anything thats on the blitz, why Im still going. Heck, even if its only one or two items Im heading out. Its the spirit of things

They especially think Im nuts this year as they have heard me complaining about the lack of toy items for my kids. They don't understand if I don't really need anything thats on the blitz, why Im still going. Heck, even if its only one or two items Im heading out. Its the spirit of things

Right there with you. I'm not excited about any of the deals I've seen this year. But I will still be out at 5 am. Merry Christmas :)

My husband goes with me, but that still doesn't mean that he thinks I'm not nuts.

He really put it into perspective for me yesterday. He actually had a day off and was passing time between hunting by watching Tyra. On the show, she dressed a girl up like a man to go into a bar to spy on her boyfriend. It was very convincing. I asked him if he'd have noticed me, and he said "as soon as I walked in" When I asked how, he said "you'd be the only man in there talking about black friday"

Thanks honey!!