Does your family/friends think you are *nuts* for shopping on BF?

NeepNeep

None of my neighbors/friends will go out with me. Hence why I go alone. They don't want to deal with the crowds and going out at midnight. I've done it alone for the past several years, and I actually get my shopping done better. Can get in and out w/o waiting on someone. Works out for me

yes they do! Everyone laughs bc we get up so early & "fight the crowds" as they all say. I think in the 4 years we've been going we've had 2 problems with 2 different people. For the most part everyone is nice & easy to get along with. Of course we just laugh it off & go on.

Our friends and my husbands family think I am insane. Course I am a couponer so they already thought that so no big loss. Hubby used to think I was till we sat down and had a big discussion about how long I had been BF shopping (way before I knew him). Anyway he soon figured out it went a lot deeper than good deals. It is something I can remember doing with my mom before she died. And how that and the day after Christmas shopping were the two days of the year I can never remember not spending the day with her and just being really happy. :) I am so happy now that I have my daughter to share that day with. So insane or not it is getting passed to the next gen. ;)

My family already knows I am NUTS. :cheesy: :cheesy: .. but they are too! LOL! I have been going out on BF for a long time and have been joined by my DH, Mom, Sister, SIL, and MIL.

This year I will be taking my best friend with me. She worked retail for years and HATES Black Friday:eyepoppin . But I have convinced her to go out with me and see the "other side" of Black Friday! But she still thinks I am nuts!

I started going out on BF with my mother, and the rest of the family thought we were a bit *nuts*. We mostly went to people watch! So much fun.

It has been years since my mother has gone with me, and I go alone now, but a few years back when WalMart had their first computer, (e-machine I think) on sale a few of my family members caught the BF fever lol.

I didn't even know they had until I saw my aunts and a few cousins in line and more passing me to get to the end of the line at WalMart. It was so funny to see them. Now that I think about it they had drilled and drilled me the night before about BF so I should have gotten the hint lol.

They also got everything they wanted and that was good.

My in-laws got me and my husband started on it. My MIL does Walmart every year. Last year, we tag teamed, so I got the toys, memory card, and flash drive, while she got the sewing machine for SIL, and the dishes, towels(when else can you find huge bath towels for $3), and canister vac for me. Yeah, I do regular shopping on Black Friday, I'm usually already done holiday shopping by that day.

My husband thinks I'm nuts regardless:yup: :yup: :yup:

Since I'm the youngest and I'm always looking for a deal, everyone except my mother thinks I'm crazy for getting up and going shopping in the cold, and getting stepped on by the crowds. My mother understands because she pinches EVERY PENNY. So I got it honest, it's my mother fault I'm "nuts" about BF:D

But to top it all off, I love the Holidays, family, food, & fun.

My dad thought I was nuts for wanting to go out last year, but he dropped me off and I had my cell phone with me. I got a few gifts bought and a few things for me (Connect 4 electronic game, Madagascar DVD). This year I'll probably try to go out again, but with the NU vs CO football game being in Nebraska this year......not sure how long I'll be able to be out.

I miss out on some good deals once in awhile at Best Buy because its too crazy there. If only some deals (dvds for instance) were available online, I'd be willing to spend shipping.

I love the conversations that end with the friend/relative saying:

"You're crazy to go out on that busy day and wait for hours for all those deals! By the way, can you do me a favor and pick up the cheap TV deal they're advertising at _______?" :D

My family thinks I am crazy, but that is the one day of the year that I JUST CANNOT wait FOR!!!! I love it! My husband is going to the big KC Chiefs game Thanksgiving which is about 3 hours from us and I informed him I AM NOT going - I WILL need my energy for 3am the following DAY!!! He's a big shopper and usually goes also but I WON'T be missing OUT ever! I don't enjoy the lines but LOVE, love all the great deals (hope there are many)!

My family thinks that I am wacko just to save money! Only downfall is that my family asks me for "favors" "get this for me" which can be a pain but I'll do it to save $$ for them also!

CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!

My Mom hates crowds so she doesnt go. My sister goes with friends.(this year I think she is getting smart and going solo and meeting up with her friends later)My Inlaws think I am nuts but my MIL never does anything like this! I LOVE it.

My dh actually helped me last year and went to lowes and Radio shak at 6 am. I would of missed those items if he had not gone. We will be doing the same this year too!

My mom and I go every year and the rest of the family thinks we are nuts!!! My sister went with us for the first time 3 years ago and when we got home she told her husband, "remember that movie Jingle ALL The Way? I was in that movie today!!!" She was in shock!! Now she goes with us every year!!! LOL! My husband though, he is MORE than happy to stay home with the kids!! He won't go near a mall or store from Thanksgiving until after the 1st week in January!! Good thing I LIVE TO SHOP!!:D