(Rumored) Black Friday TVs at Wal-Mart

cireafan

Oh, I forgot to add that I bought a symphonic around 1993 or 1994. It finally went out on me a few months ago. I never had any problems with it. And honestly I think the only reason it died was due to a move. Also note this TV has been though half a dozen moves over the past 13 years.

I got ya beat. I have a NEC 20-inch TV I bought for $400 in 1988 ... it WILL NOT DIE!!! We only want one TV in our house, and I can't justify buying another one when this one works perfectly well. Every now and then I think the picture tube is beginning to blow, because we'll see a slow ooze of green on one side of the screen. But it always goes away. I think it's a self-healing model. Go figure. NEC TVs totally rock. I wish they still made them.

I got ya beat. I have a NEC 20-inch TV I bought for $400 in 1988 ... it WILL NOT DIE!!! We only want one TV in our house, and I can't justify buying another one when this one works perfectly well. Every now and then I think the picture tube is beginning to blow, because we'll see a slow ooze of green on one side of the screen. But it always goes away. I think it's a self-healing model. Go figure. NEC TVs totally rock. I wish they still made them.

Not surprised to hear that. Most of the TVs made in the 80s can last for 20 years. Today TVs only last for 5 years.

Concerning LCD televisions. there are only 2 companies that actually make the screens for them. So you dont need to be too concerned what brand name they are. Just look for the features they have and warranty. One other thing to look for is if it is capable of 1080p. that is the best HD resolution right now.

Walmarts its going to have Tv"s on sale on BF. Panasonic 42" widescreen Plasma HDTV W/built in digital Tuner, TH - 42PX6U for $1294.00 was $1794.00

Also Compaq 1504 WXGA Widescreen Laptop / Amd Sempron Processor 3300

for $398.00 They also rolled back the prices of Polarold 37 inch LCD HDTV

Now Priced $997.00 was $1297.00 this was on a other site.

Well wal mart has got large numbers of 37 inch emerson lcd hdtvs in recently and they are made by Funai... right now they are $898 in store... do you think they could drop to $799 on black friday?

Can't beat that... get the warranty for $58, and you can go right to funai's website to find local authorized service centers just in case something happens. That's one reason I'm hesitant to get the westinghouse from BB.. I want a 37 inch and my senses tell me that this television is a blitz item.. (the emerson)

I go to my Walmart here in a city of 60000, and they do stock at night obviously. But I too have seen a LOT of the Emerson 37 inch screen LCDs. I think this may be a BF item not in that first ad.