Your Favorite Moment From BF 2005

stationchief

I guess my story is different, two years ago it was the DVD players, I was in line for one and my daughter and her friend were running to get other things I wanted, They were also taking orders for people waiting in line with me, that year it was the Care bears. and a few other things, so those girls did the running for people waiting in line for the DVD players and gameboy advances Then there was a lady behind me who needed 4 game boy advances for her Grand kids and the limit was 2 per person, So I bought her the other two since I didnt need any.

We did the same thing last year as I waited for the lap top the girls did the running again and they also helped some get cabbage patch kids and DVD players that were on a pallets.

Then to watch my 18 year daughter stand up to a lady that was nasty I swear we thought she was going to swing and then her daughter came up behind mine and was going to start crap, She didnt see me or her brother and I just said in my Management voice that I have you really do not want to do that. I would advise you to just keep on walking on by

The favorite moment was running through Walmart to the electronics department and being handed the number 6 for my laptop. The whole experience was the best BF I've ever had. DH was totally involved through the whole thing, and we got everything on our list!!! The payback was not being able to sleep all day while watching the grandkids after I got home.

The only thing I can think of is getting my hands on a few of the Cabbage Patch Newborns & not getting injured in the process. :D

i picked up about 8 of those, a few too many, so i handed them out to people in line at the register

Mine from last year was getting both our younger ones their computers. My least favorite was someone there complaining that they didn't get any coupons for them. But, they didn't get there till after 7 am. Funny tho.. there were people there offering others to buy their coupon for the laptops.

When the shopping is done and I have gotten everything I wanted. :) Mostly I like meeting up with DH, having breakfast and go over our BF experiences.

do you guys divide and conquer? I've always gone alone and was debating having the kids stay at grandma's so I could drag the DH for moral support. Divide and conquer is an interesting thought too though. Hmmm... :)

I know that last year me and DH divided and definitely conquered. We took walkie talkies with us, and went to different parts of the store gathering our stuff while talking to each other. It was definitely more efficient, and allowed us to circumvent the crowds somewhat. Many people commented that they wish they would have thought of walkie talkies!!

I've shopped on BF for several years, but last year was the first year that I snagged my dad and boyfriend to go along. My boyfriend got all of the electronics I needed (I don't know how...but I wasn't going to ask questions). My favorite part of last year was the 3 of us walking around wal-mart singing Christmas songs. It really helps lighten the mood. Oh, and the funniest thing I saw was a lady sitting the the MIDDLE of the Cabbage Patch babies looking through them, I guess trying to find the one she wanted. I reached in a grabed a couple, and I got the nastiest look...guess she hadn't went through the one's I grabbed. HAHA...too bad for her!

do you guys divide and conquer? I've always gone alone and was debating having the kids stay at grandma's so I could drag the DH for moral support. Divide and conquer is an interesting thought too though. Hmmm... :)

Take him with you... as long as he likes to shop and isn't whiny. Mine's 6'4, 155 lbs... he can worm his way into anything and reach things no one else can! It makes for good bonding time when you're in line waiting for hours..

Mine has nothing to do with getting great deals... Ha!

The absolute best part of last year was watching the long line of women at Kohl's start screaming because of the mouse scurrying about the Linens department. Another woman I befriended in line had some great fun predicting how people shopping would react to the oncoming rodent.

My sister and I had the best BF moment last year......We were standing in line freezing outside of wal-mart at 4:30 a.m. As opening time neared......the crowd started to get a little out of hand, because ppl who had been sitting in their cars were getting out and starting to look like they were gonna *rush* the doors when they opened. Walmart came to the rescue and made a shopping cart wall around the front entrance and around all of us people standing in line so that the ppl who were gonna rush at the last minute couldn't get past us first!!!! Whent he doors opened, ppl went crazy (all of them were after those laptops)......All of us waiting inline were ushered in by the walmart workers....we were all cheering and hi-fiving the wal mart ppl for shutting out the line cutters and taking care of us that braved the cold weather.....it was a great moment and totally worth it!!!

Wal-mart

When the store was about to open, and you could see the electricity in the air, and the door rushers started to esemble so they can cut off everyone that has been in line for hours, I started to heckle then and told them if they rush, we will trample them, and having all of the moms behind me on my side, that was funny.

Then when the door opened, and running to get my ticket for the laptop, and feeling the weight of 100's of people crushing me from behind was scary but fun at the same time. Then everyone was licking their wounds in the layaway line.

From 2005, hmmm

First it would be spending time with my youngest daughter Bf-ing. Next it would be the nice people in line after us. It was freezing cold outside and sitting out in below 0 weather got to both my daughter and I. Even though we had blankets, etc..the younger guys next to us covered us up with their blankets and ran to their car to get a portable DVD player for my daughter to watch. I have met some awesome people waiting in line.

BUT....I have also met some really mean people once in the store....UGH

Take him with you... as long as he likes to shop and isn't whiny. Mine's 6'4, 155 lbs... he can worm his way into anything and reach things no one else can! It makes for good bonding time when you're in line waiting for hours..

I don't know how much he loves to shop but he will do it if I ask. I have a friend who mentioned going together but I'm worried she'll slow me down, whereas if I bring the DH I have another player on my team. Either someone to walk with me and keep me sane or someone to give half the list to. Mine's 6'4" too, but more like 260 and built like a linebacker. This may come in handy to block the people who like to hit others with carts- I'm 5'4 on a good day, ooh, and he would be able to get stuff down from overstock at Target for me instead of having to wait for employees to do it. Hmmmm...... plus, and I know this may sound terrible, but I am an anal retentive freak on BF- I make my list by which store to go to first, then each store has a list of what items I want, usually in the order I want them. I also carry the ads- I have a folder for it all. I'm afraid that my friend might be scared of Commando Becky. What if she's a leisurely shopper :eek: :eek: It's seeming more and more like bringing the DH is a good idea- I should start preparing him now. Think WalMart will look at us funny if I bring him to practice sprints in the aisles?;)

Took son(17) and hit Sears, Wal-Mart, and Target one direction from us. Came home by 9 and dropped off son to do breakfast with all the kiddos then hubby and I hit K-mart and Radio Shack( in the opposite direction). After that we went to breakfast at Ponderosa since they had their breakfast buffet open late and and had coupons for it also. I think that was probably the best part, breakfast with hubby. I did get everything I was going for.

I don't know how much he loves to shop but he will do it if I ask. I have a friend who mentioned going together but I'm worried she'll slow me down, whereas if I bring the DH I have another player on my team. Either someone to walk with me and keep me sane or someone to give half the list to. Mine's 6'4" too, but more like 260 and built like a linebacker. This may come in handy to block the people who like to hit others with carts- I'm 5'4 on a good day, ooh, and he would be able to get stuff down from overstock at Target for me instead of having to wait for employees to do it. Hmmmm...... plus, and I know this may sound terrible, but I am an anal retentive freak on BF- I make my list by which store to go to first, then each store has a list of what items I want, usually in the order I want them. I also carry the ads- I have a folder for it all. I'm afraid that my friend might be scared of Commando Becky. What if she's a leisurely shopper :eek: :eek: It's seeming more and more like bringing the DH is a good idea- I should start preparing him now. Think WalMart will look at us funny if I bring him to practice sprints in the aisles?;)

Haha, I am the same way! I make myself a list of what stores I want to go to and in what order, plus what I want from each store. I sometimes cut out the pics from sale ads if it is an item I think I may have trouble finding. That way I can show the store worker the pic instead of describing the item. Each stores list goes into a seperate envelope. I want to get in, get out and onto the next store. My friend went with me for the first time last year and she can't wait to go again. She couldn't believe how much it helps to be organized!:smart: