Your Favorite Moment From BF 2005

stationchief

• 2 weeks later...

Finding about GottaDeal.com.

Seeing the ads before BF .

Going to the store on thursday to buy the newspaper which weighed 1pound:D .

Looking through the ads once again while celebrating thanksgiving.

Driving on the empty road 4 in the morning to bestbuy.

Reading people stories about their day on gottadeal.com

Watching the morning and afternoon and night news [thanks tivo] to see the chaos at stores plus to see if i made it on camera:D .

I remember my first black friday.10 years ago.I waited on lines for furby(remember him).lol.I was pregnant with my first child and didnt know.Drank so much coffee to stay awake ,i was so sick by the time i made it in the store.Morning sickness.By the time i got home i felt terrible.I have been going every year since then.I cant wait till this year.Just for the fun of it im going to WM at like 8pm Thursday.i want to be first for a change.(LOL)Wish me luck.

My favorite memory from last BF would have to be sitting here trying to recall everything that had happened overnight and tell everyone all about it instead of laying down and falling asleep like I should have done!LOL I camped inside WalMart from around 6pm on Thursday til 5am Friday to get one of those laptops!LOL The stories were great and when I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, I went to bed!

Definately the arrests/fires at the stores around me, didn't get to see any in person but saw them on the news and "supposedly" they were to keep warm, but I think they were trying to burn down the dorrs, get a jump o nthe staff.

Last Black Friday was my first. I did well off I was in and out every store in good time. My Favorite Moment was at Circuit City. I bought the wireless Keyboard and Mouse, FAR Cleaning things and 4 SD Cards and found a register with no line. What made it my favorite is when I turned around to leave the line was to the other end of the store. I must of had beginner's luck to find a register with no line.

another wal-mart story lol. my aunt and i shop bf every year and she really wanted one of the laptops. we arrived at 3 am in line, about 5 people in front of us. Since i love wal-mart it was fun to be one of the first in the doors and running through the store to get the laptop for her. well she found it first and they gave her a ticket to pay for the pc then go round back of the store to pick it up. after finishing shopping she paid and went to pick up her laptop and found out they over sold 4! someone put the laptops on the floor rather then handing out the slips for pick up. but in true wal-mart fashion they made it right by selling her a better laptop for the same price and a $50 gift card!

It had to be Black Friday Eve.(Thanksgiving night), when I realized I could buy the Roboraptor from Linens and Things online, and use the 20% off coupon! I got that sucker for $32.00, SHIPPED!!!! It was on sale for $39.00, regular priced $99.00! I was elated!

Hi all. I guess my fave memory from last year is how all of us first in line took up for each other. The first 10 or so of us had been waiting FOREVER and as the line got longer and bigger, people started pushing, cutting but we made our stand and held the line! We even grabbed things for each other when we got in there. :D

Guest MickeyMousepal

My favorite moment on Black Friday last year would be when I found the last The Simpsons Season 6 because everyone else was looking mad at me.

Also going home and finally relaxing on my bed.

It had to be Black Friday Eve.(Thanksgiving night), when I realized I could buy the Roboraptor from Linens and Things online, and use the 20% off coupon! I got that sucker for $32.00, SHIPPED!!!! It was on sale for $39.00, regular priced $99.00! I was elated!

What a great deal and I love hearing stories like yours.

You paid $32 shipped for a robot which normally sells for $99 and purchased it online.

The only thing I can think of is getting my hands on a few of the Cabbage Patch Newborns & not getting injured in the process. :D

I forgot about the Cabbage Patch Newborns. At my Walmart they had tons of them and not many people buying them. I bought one for each of my great neices, I was able to go through and pick which name and how they looked. I was shocked when I came on here and heard so many people couldn't get any.

I forgot about the Cabbage Patch Newborns. At my Walmart they had tons of them and not many people buying them. I bought one for each of my great neices, I was able to go through and pick which name and how they looked. I was shocked when I came on here and heard so many people couldn't get any.

You was lucky cause at my Walmart we had one pallet of them. When they gave the signal, people just made a mad dash for those & it was one heck of a time gettin at least one. People were pushing & shoving. Cabbage Patch boxes were flying. Luckily I had my hubby grabbing for me as well so when we both got done, I had like 5 or 6 to pick from. They was gone in seconds.

Mine was being in line for 7 hours and then they started to pass out the tickets and everyone from the back rushed in to get them but got stopped except for a couple of people. They where about to get the bands on their wrist and i went to see what was going on and told the staff that they were in back of the line and all the other peeps stood up and told them to get back where they belonged. Well long story short we got the LAST 2 laptops!!!

My favorite moment actually came at the expense of my friend. We had waited outside of BestBuy for 5hours, and he decided to fill out a creditcard app to take advantage of the financing deal they had on LCD TV's. He's standing there in the cold trying to write down his info and he's like "I can't write-my fingers are frozen! Can you help me please?!"(in a very whiney voice). It was funny watching him attempt to write stuff down and his hands couldn't keep still b/c they were literally frozen. 2005 was his first BF,and i'm trying to talk him into going again this year, since he's an insomniac anyways so he'll be up.

It wasn't last year but,the year a miracle happened and the lady in the wheel chair sprung up and RAN inside.:eyepoppin She asked to cut in line to get out of the drizzle and cold and we let her go to the front of the line.

WOW, sounds like that woman deserved to LEAVE the store in that wheelchair !

Last year my sister tried to get one of the desktop comps from Walmart. She was in Jax florida, I was near Dallas last year for BF and ended up going with my husband. My sister couldn't get one, and the time difference was an hour so my mom called me up and asked me to try and get one. We did. My sister was completely surprised on Christmas day and had absoultely no idea we were able to get one. Last year was by far one of the best christmas present years we've had.

THis year will be even better (although less presents for my three year old) we have a new edition to share it with.

Another funny thing that happened last year.. I was about 5 months pregnant and I was showing. My husband went with me while my inlaws watched my son, Lets just say at walmart I ended up with three baskets, two of which I was pulling through walmart myself to find my husband. People thought I was this crazy pregnant woman running through walmart! It was great! They were also pretty careful around me and I had more help because I was pregnant.

another wal-mart story lol. my aunt and i shop bf every year and she really wanted one of the laptops. we arrived at 3 am in line, about 5 people in front of us. Since i love wal-mart it was fun to be one of the first in the doors and running through the store to get the laptop for her. well she found it first and they gave her a ticket to pay for the pc then go round back of the store to pick it up. after finishing shopping she paid and went to pick up her laptop and found out they over sold 4! someone put the laptops on the floor rather then handing out the slips for pick up. but in true wal-mart fashion they made it right by selling her a better laptop for the same price and a $50 gift card!

that must have been awesome to get to do!

I managed to get one of those. I didnt even need it for my son But managed to get a girl that was near me hand me one for my moms friend. I only got it because my mom said if I can...and well. my kids toys are a bit more important!Unless I just cant get to them.

Coming across this site last year was definitely one of my favorite moments and I have been addicted ever since.

Talking 2 of my best friends into going on their first ever BF. It was fun watching how excited they were. Also taking my 16 yr old daughter out on her first ever BF. She had a great time too. She was probably more hyped up then the rest of us were. I may take her again this year if there's nothing at Walmart that I want to get her.