Do you use your Christmas bonuses strictly for BF?

reportermomof3

We get a small bonus like the week before christmas. Which were thankful for! even if it is small :cheesy: But husband also get paid once a month which means only 2 more checks until christmas. BUT the good news is he is getting a raise this check so were put what he gets for a raise ( $200 I think) and spend that on BF :)

I usually get $100 the last non-pay week before Christmas. So, it's within 2 weeks of Christmas. However, every year we never know if we're getting them because the company isn't doing so hot, but they always seem to come through.

Now dh's isn't called a Christmas bonus either. His company has a "longevity bonus". You get "X" amount of dollars for each year you've worked there. It's like $250 for less than 1 yr, $500 for 1-2 yrs, $1000 for 2-3 yrs, then it goes up $1000 each yr until you cap out at $10,000. They release these checks within the first 2 weeks of December. So, I put off as many bills as I can so I have as much money as I can from our regular paychecks for BF.

My Hubby gets quarterly profit sharing bonuses so every 3 months depending on wheter the company does well or not we may get a bonus.. The rumor is that this bonus ( the November one) is going to be bigger then the last one and that was over $1400 take home. Last year the bonus was only $350 in November so I never really counted that money as christmas money..This year I may:)

Tina

we got profit sharing last year for the 1st time in about 10 years since i've been with the company (we got new owners) I've been here 12 years.

but we didnt get ours last year till the week of christmas and it was a papercheck and the bank holds them for like 5-7 days. --so to answer your question...No.

The military dosent give Christmas bonuses:p

Well this isn't exactly true. lol I worked at the Camp Lejuene Base Library and they gave us a Turkey as a Christmas bonus. We all lined up and got our frozen birds while it was 40 degrees outside. :razz:

Well this isn't exactly true. lol I worked at the Camp Lejuene Base Library and they gave us a Turkey as a Christmas bonus. We all lined up and got our frozen birds while it was 40 degrees outside. :razz:

Aaww see now I thought we were talking about cold hard cash :smart: We got a turkey and a $100 gift card to wal-mart from a veterans group one year....but it still wasnt from the military :g_laughin But it was cuz we are military...hhmm I wonder ;)

Hubby gets one for $250 and they are given out at the annual Christmas party, which has been pretty nice the past couple of years. They've given away nice door prizes and we walked out with $50 extra last year. That doesn't happen until mid-December though, so I am unable to use on BF. I have to depend on Christmas Club for that day!

My husband's company does Christmas bonuses based on profit as well as reviews. They don't get their Christmas bonuses until early March. The company says it works out better for their taxes or something. I don't know, but we usually use that money to pay for the stuff we have put on credit cards.