Shopping on Turkey Day

vonnyb

My husband and I usually go first thing in the morning when Kmart opens. We go to Big Lots after that. This is our a.m turkeyday tradition. We also usually hear tidbits about what other people are going for on black friday.

We went there last year on Thanksgiving and really made out like a bandit! the games were buy 1 get one free. It was great. I am not a Kmart shopper otherwise, but plan to be back again this year!:cheesy:

It's almost become tradition for us to venture out in the evening to KMart after the festivities are over. There have been some great deals to be had, and I enjoy shopping with little crowds, and good deals, as not many people shop that day at my local store.

BL is a little further away, and unless the deals are REALLY good, I haven't been there yet on T-Day.

Someone said sacreligious...I don't see it that way. Christmas, Easter, Hannukah...shopping on THOSE days would be sacreligious, but T-Day isn't a religious holiday. (However, you're right in that we would have to thank Someone...so in that regard, ok, I'll give you that one. I'm thankful, but I'm still going shopping ;) )

Except two years ago she got her purse stolen (dummy)

and now she refuses to step foot in there agian. What a fiasco! :eyepoppin

Guess I'm going again this year!

FWIW, here's my "usual & customary:"

I don't bring a purse. I bring my Debit Card, a Credit card if I think I might make a major purchase, and my license. I realized a long time ago that I don't NEED any of the stuff in my purse while I'm shopping. I make sure that any "personal" necessities are taken care of right away, so I can shop for hours without...well, you know the rest. Sorry, TMI there.

But seriously, I put it all in my back pocket, and my arms are free for shopping bags and I don't worry about my purse getting stolen.

My husband and I took the kids to a neighboring town one year on tday because meijers had bean bag chairs for $9.99 and my nephew wanted one. Boy was my mom mad when we were late for dinner!!:mad: But it was great for us as we found him a camoflauge one (he's into hunting) for a great price!!! :D

I guess you can say I will be shopping on Turkey Day/Night because I work part time at an Auction and Thanksgiving Night is always their big Christmas Auction. So I will be buying a lot of things there that night! You can always get lots of great deals on everything that night and it's all NEW stuff!:D

The only Big Lots around me is a horrible, wretched stinking mess. I went there twice, about 5 days apart, and the same bag of dog food ripped open and scattered all over the floor that I saw the first time was still in the same place the second time. No one bothered to clean it up. Lots of merchandise was broken and not worth buying. It gave me the heebie jeebies and I felt like I needed a shower when I left. That was the last time I set foot in that store.

• 1 month later...

We always go to Garden Ridge AFTER dinner - 8 or 9 pm.

:cookiemon ME LOVES GARDEN RIDGE:cookiemon

I have never been out on Thanksgiving and this Thanksgiving will be no different. I have to stay glued to my computer to make sure I get all the good deals online. HA HA HA HA. I wanna try and get the :crossfingers that this one wins: good deal of the xbox 360 from amazon. so no going anywhere for me, well until after 2:00.