Kohl's one of my favorite Black Friday stops

codeblue

I love the Kohl's near my house on Black Friday! I usually go there after Walmart and find good deals on clothing, outerwear, toys and jewelry. The lines last year were all the way to the back of the store, but they were moving like crazy! And they wound up extending the Early Bird specials by quite a few hours.

• 2 weeks later...
Where I live (massachusetts) we have this place called shoppers world and there's a TRU, Old navy, Barnes & Noble, Office max, Best buy, TJmaxx, Marshall, Dsw, Babies R us, bob's, AC Moore All sharing the same lot. The Kohls, Wlamart and target are likely not it the same lot but there right accross the street. It will be my first time going there for BF. Oh hey and the Mall is also right there. I can't wait. I only wish that I had someone to got with.

If you don't live near a Kohls and want to take advantage of BF sales you can order online- do it early though like before you leave to shop in the morning. They usually have a shipping deal (either free or $5) and you can stack your %off cc coupon with the sale prices - and you don't have to fight the lines :fluffy:

I love Kohls on BF. I have done very well there the past couple of years. I have never tried ordering on line for BF from them but that may be an option I use this year it will depend on the ads. My Kohls is kind of by itself with the Christmas Tree shop although there is a LL Bean outlet there too which is pretty good to hit also on BF but then I need to run back about five - six miles to hit Target. I also go to my local scrapbook store for her early birds as she only has two sales a day and you can never have enough scrapbook stuff.

Kohls BF 2005 was great! I bought every variety they had of the Geo Tracks last yr, can't go wrong with 50% off on the new line of trains they had. Do they normally have a good deal on kitchenaid mixers on BF? I am wanting to get a ice blue on for MIL this yr.

Locally there are two Kohl's opening in a few days. The problem, as I see it, is the closest one shares a parking lot with a Staples (or is it Office Max??), a Best Buy, is across the street from a Circuit City and Sams Club and close to a Wal-Mart. I can just see the traffic on BF!!!

I think we are going to have the same problem this year. We have a new shopping center that includes Sears, Kohl's, Toys R Us, and Circuit City. I can just see the traffic now!

But you know what I do love? I love driving to BF, because the roads are so empty and it is so peacful. Then you pull into the shopping center and WOW it is so full of life!

Anyways, our Kohl's is new, and while they have had some great opening sales, there regular prices are expensive so I hope they have some good BF deals.

Kohl's is CRAZY on Bf here! We NEVER go there very early. We usually hit Walmart, Meijer and BB first-in teams- then get coffee and a quick bite, then moveon to Kohl's. Every year Kohl's has lines that wind all the way around to the back of the store.We have waited 2 hours to check out on BF. There are never enough carts either. We saw a woman a couple of years ago unload all of this other woman's stuff out of one onto the floor and took off with it. Talk about a fight! They had to pull these women apart and made them both leave the store. At least we had entertainment while we were waiting in line..lol. They do have some good deals though, especially on jewlery.

Kohls BF 2005 was great! I bought every variety they had of the Geo Tracks last yr, can't go wrong with 50% off on the new line of trains they had.

OMG!!! I would love to find some Geo Track stuff at 50% off this year. I bought a smaller starter piece for my great Nephew but would love to add more pieces to my gift stash I keep especially if I get my 15% off coupon on top of it.

Kohl's toy sets are always a little different than you will find anywhere else. They will have extra pieces and more parts to sets. I know that I bought the FP Castle set and it had extra characters and extra castle parts that you had to pay separate for at other stores like Walmart, etc. When you take into account the extra goodies with the 50% off, you wind up getting a pretty good deal.

June

I had never heard of Kohl's, but once our neighborhood store opened, my life has never been the same. If you work your coupons and watch clearance, you can get some fantastic deals.

As for BF, they have great deals on jewelry, toys, seasonal items (candles, etc) and small kitchen appliances. The past few years they have had the Kitchen Aid mixer as an Early Bird. I did BF there 2 years ago for a portable DVD player. It was crazy and fun.

GL! I love Kohls, esp online. I got my Dyson for 30% off the sale price earlier this year using online coupons.

My only problem with Kohls is that they don't clean their stores overnight and sometimes they are a mess for days. But their sales are really great.

I worked at Kohl's one year for the Holiday season, needless to say everything I made they got right back - but I got some great deals on clothes for the family! As for the mess, let's say there's no hope. I worked in the men's dept. and we were there until 2.5 hrs after close and still couldn't get it looking good, they finally would just tell us to do the sides facing the isle and do the best you can on the rest. It was NEVER clean until a month after Christmas!! :yuck:

We spent more at Kohl's last year than everywhere else combined. The 15% off coupon, along with the 10 back for every 50 spent in certificates, we hauled over $350.00 in goods out the door, got a mail in rebate for the portable DVD player, and had 70 off the next purchase. It was crazy but worth it.

Kohls BF 2005 was great! I bought every variety they had of the Geo Tracks last yr, can't go wrong with 50% off on the new line of trains they had. Do they normally have a good deal on kitchenaid mixers on BF? I am wanting to get a ice blue on for MIL this yr.

this year kitchenaids are 10%-33% off...the artisan stant mixer 325 watts 10 speed 5 qt bowl is $299.99 after $20 mail in rebate

If you don't live near a Kohls and want to take advantage of BF sales you can order online- do it early though like before you leave to shop in the morning. They usually have a shipping deal (either free or $5) and you can stack your %off cc coupon with the sale prices - and you don't have to fight the lines :fluffy:

shipping will be free on purchases of $75 or more bf-dec 18th

Love Kohls! Great clothes for juniors! Our solution to the long lines on BF - my mother, daugher and I go every year and my dad goes along to drive, carry pkgs! We always let him get in line and we go shop and just keep bringing things back to him! He visits with the others in line and is happy not to have to walk around with us! If he gets too close, he lets others get in line in front of him! Needless to say, I have a very understanding and patient dad!