JCPENNEY Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

searched for several items online. The comforter sets are already the same price, and the slot machine bank is actually currently CHEAPER than it supposedly will be on Black Friday. What a flop.

Given this info, and the fact that this year's ad doesn't really meet JCP standards, is it possible that this a faulty ad? I saw this list posted by a member before Brad actually posted it, but i can't remember where that thread is now. If this is really the JCP sales, then I am definitely not spending much time in that store on the 24th.

I purchased a chocolate fountain for my aunt and uncles 50th aniversary. Well the fountain worked unitl the reception started and then the motor quit. Chocolate went all over the table. Was not pretty. I took the fountain back and got a refund. (I did purchase it from Wally World).

I purchased a chocolate fountain for my aunt and uncles 50th aniversary. Well the fountain worked unitl the reception started and then the motor quit. Chocolate went all over the table. Was not pretty. I took the fountain back and got a refund. (I did purchase it from Wally World).

I can tell you that if you buy the chocolate fountain at JCP that it's been tested for quality. (Not by myself)

Unless something really spectacular shows up in the ad scan that was missed here, I will probably just do what we've been doing for years. After Best Buy, we head across the street to the mall, my brother stops the car in front of the lower JC Penney entrace, puts the hazards on, runs in to get one of the snowglobes, comes back out and then lets me run in and get one, and then we're on our way. I've rarely purchased anything from JCP on BF.

I get them mailed to me free - but then, I've made orders from them within the last year. I know my mil gets cards mailed to her that allow her to pick them up from the store for free. I'm not sure why I get the actual catalog and she gets the cards for the free catalog though. :cheesy:

if you are a jcpenny credit card member you are suppose to get one but not sure if you have to have ordered in past i have not order anything in a while and did not receive my catalogue or even a card to go pick one up and I usually do!

FYI- direct from the horse's mouth just now on their answering machine for "hours for the week of November 20-25 are as follows..."

Open at 5pm on BF- not sure if this is a company-wide opening time

"...join us on Friday as we will be handing out mini Disney Snow Globes while they last..."

So they are doing it again. Cool.

You know, I've scoured the ad with no mention of the snowglobe in sight. I'm hoping on Thankgiving day there will be something in the ad. Otherwise, no reason to get my annual pillows and an iflop when I can get them elsewhere for the same price.

You know, I've scoured the ad with no mention of the snowglobe in sight. I'm hoping on Thankgiving day there will be something in the ad. Otherwise, no reason to get my annual pillows and an iflop when I can get them elsewhere for the same price.

yep go to kohls 50/10 deal,lol

FYI- direct from the horse's mouth just now on their answering machine for "hours for the week of November 20-25 are as follows..."

Open at 5pm on BF- not sure if this is a company-wide opening time

"...join us on Friday as we will be handing out mini Disney Snow Globes while they last..."

So they are doing it again. Cool.

;) cool

Got there by 8 and there wasn't a snow globe in sight. I don't know if they didn't have any or if they went through them all that fast. Usually they are still passing them out at 10 or 11 and it was not unusually crowded, in fact the cashiers were talking about it being slower than they had planned for. I got an outfil for each of my grandchildren and some nice cozy pj's for me. I didn't feel the prices were much better than there other sales but most everything was on sale and they were well stocked.

Mine had none! We were second in line. No globes, No GC, No nothing. Then when people started asking about the Ipod and a few other items and were told that the store we were at didnt have them..only the big Penneys did...I thought people were going to start killing the GM! :shock:

I ended up walking out with an electric blacket and jammies but nothing else.

They opened the door early, we were there a little before 5AM. I went in, got a snowglobe and a chocolate fountain and checked out and was in the car by 5:06AM. Went to Target then, later on I went back to JCP around 7:30 and they still had the snowglobes. Bought a few more things that time before leaving the area.