KB TOYS Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

I went to kbtoys for years and each and every year it got worse. No organization and the employees didn't help. I am glad my kids are getting older and my youngest doesn't like elmo. I stopped going 2 years ago because 2 women were fighting and spat at each other. Gross....

For several years, our Galleria mall has had a "Rock & Shop Midnight Sale" where the stores are open from midnight to 4:30. Close 30 minutes to regroup and then the "official" BF begins including all the anchor stores. How this relates to KB is that KB would be open for the earliest part and the mall would be able to start the Early Bird line and control it.

Not so this year, new mall management this year and the mall will not open until 5! Mind you the R&S was very successful - the Galleria is AL largest mall and the parking lot would be full by 3am - - -lots of people would sit in the food court (which was open), do some light shopping and wait for the big bang. (Hallmark has ornaments 20% off which was where I would go).

KB's managment is reportedly livid about the change as the Early Bird sale at 5am had become somewhat manageable. All bets are off now and we are back to where we were 5 years ago, only BF mania has only increased.

I have 2 near me but see no reason to go from that ad...

Is that the same Juice box TRU has had on clearance for over a year?

I thought about the hot wheels radar gun, but will it work on full size vehicles? :)

Reminds me of WM's supposed "clearance" items....to me a $120 item is NOT clearanced when it drops to $112..... just as $5 off is NOT a BF sale :/

Does anyone know any details about the Hot Wheels Toy Radar Gun? How far away it works, what speed ranges, does it set off radar detectors (use same frequencies as police radar)? $20 is a super price if it works as well as some of the sports radar guns available, like for measuring the speed of baseball pitches, etc.

A friend has a problem with speeders on the twisty road in front of his house. more than one of them has ended up in his front yard. He has wanted an inexpensive radar gun to hide along side the road in front of his house, and have it trigger a camera to capture the car and license plate number, and possibly post the pix on a web site. if the hot wheels unit works well enough, this could be the answer.

Thanks,

John