KB TOYS Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

Official KB Toys Black Friday Discussion Thread

Posted Image

Click here to go to the web site for KB Toys.
Click here to find the KB Toys nearest you.

This thread is for all discussion directly related to the Black Friday ad for KB Toys. It is also for the discussion of KB Toys store policies, store hours, and any other store-related topics. Links to the Black Friday ad for KB Toys will be added to this thread when it has been released.

AD ITEMS POSTED: http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Sales/Store/kbtoys

• 2 weeks later...

KB Toy's had great deals when they were here but our only mall location closed a few years ago. :(

Same here. Although I never went there for BF. I used to take the ad to TRU when they used to price match on BF. Last year our mall opened up KB Toys just for the Christmas holiday season, but I'm not sure if it was there for BF.

Same here. Although I never went there for BF. I used to take the ad to TRU when they used to price match on BF. Last year our mall opened up KB Toys just for the Christmas holiday season, but I'm not sure if it was there for BF.

Same here, we didn't got there either - on Black Friday the line was CRAZYY! I wasn't even going to attempt to go there. :eyepoppin

Sometimes they do only let so many people in at once. It depends on the manager. I worked for KB for 3 years and one year on BF we opened at 5:30 and the only workers that showed up were the manager, asst manager and me and that's when the manager only let 15 or 20 people in at a time. She guarded the gate and even though people had to wait to get in no one complained because it was quick and easy to get in and out.

Does KB Toys have a sale all day long on BF.. or do they just do the Early Bird/Door Busters sale? The closest one is almost 2 hours away, so there's no way I'd be able to hit their door busters, but if they have a sale all day long, then I'd be more willing to check them out.

Does KB Toys have a sale all day long on BF.. or do they just do the Early Bird/Door Busters sale? The closest one is almost 2 hours away, so there's no way I'd be able to hit their door busters, but if they have a sale all day long, then I'd be more willing to check them out.

They have a sale all day, as alot of the stores do, but when they were in my area they offered some great deals in the early morning (e.g., 5 a.m.)

Also, last year they offered $25 bonus cards for every $100 purchase.

Doesn't your Walmarts, Meijers, Targets match prices???

Ours do in Fort Wayne, that makes it really great, because you can have your game plan ready and go to one of the 24hr. stores and get the stuff from others ads and then wait for them to unwrap the door buster items.

Your just have to carry your ads with you and you sure don't want to set them down in your cart cause they will be gone.

Doesn't your Walmarts, Meijers, Targets match prices???

Ours do in Fort Wayne, that makes it really great, because you can have your game plan ready and go to one of the 24hr. stores and get the stuff from others ads and then wait for them to unwrap the door buster items.

Your just have to carry your ads with you and you sure don't want to set them down in your cart cause they will be gone.

:g_shrug: I'm not sure if our Walmart would price match a KB Toys ad or not .... The nearest KB Toys is almost 2 hours away. Last year I was under the impression that in order to price match, it had to be an ad from a store that was local to the store you're trying to price match at. If that's not the case, it could be worth the try.

Actually, just about anything could be 'worth the try' in the name of a good deal :P

The KB Toys by us opens at 12 midnight,at least for the last two years. People started lining up around 10. It was really orginized, but it did take about an hour in line to checkout. Everything was mostly buy one get one. Hopefully they'll have that again...

:g_shrug: I'm not sure if our Walmart would price match a KB Toys ad or not .... The nearest KB Toys is almost 2 hours away. Last year I was under the impression that in order to price match, it had to be an ad from a store that was local to the store you're trying to price match at. If that's not the case, it could be worth the try.

Actually, just about anything could be 'worth the try' in the name of a good deal :P

Im not sure if they would match prices or not being that far away. Fort Wayne has a lot of Stores trying to get your business. I would call them now and see what there policy is before the ads start coming out.

Im not sure if they would match prices or not being that far away. Fort Wayne has a lot of Stores trying to get your business. I would call them now and see what there policy is before the ads start coming out.

I'm up for travel, but I think Fort Wayne just might be a little too far for this Kentuckian, even in the name of a good deal. :lmao:

FYI for all those sad that their location closed most of the stores closed b/c KB Toys has been in bankruptcy. They have been doing horrible. DH worked their until August of last year. They went through a period were they sgut down alot of stores, and were working alot of things to try to get out of bankruptcy.

Our mall location closed last year and I miss their clearance. I went once on BF and you couldn't move. They handed you a trash bag at the door to drag your stuff around in, but you couldn't even squeeze through the aisles to find anything. Luckily, the line snaked through the whole store, so you could grab what you wanted whenever you and your trash bag reached it.

I got lucky one year on BF, I went to KB late in the afternoon and all of their DB's were still ringing up at the price they advertised from 5am - 7am !! The manager said they didn't have as many people as they anticipated and needed to get rid of stock. I'll never get that lucky again.