MILITARY BX Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

IMO the BX has never had much on BF. The best sales have always been in December and are more local and not in the flyers. Example: a couple of years ago when I was at Robbins in GA, one night they all toys 50% off and most winter coats 75% off. Over the years I've seen several one night sales that actually had bargains but never on BF.

IMO the BX has never had much on BF. The best sales have always been in December and are more local and not in the flyers. Example: a couple of years ago when I was at Robbins in GA, one night they all toys 50% off and most winter coats 75% off. Over the years I've seen several one night sales that actually had bargains but never on BF.

I agree with you there, we had those midnight madness sales before with 75% off whatever the manager wanted to slap a sticker on........ I miss Ft. Riley.........lol

My BX is making the Wii and PS3 a BF item (sorta). Their holding a lottery drawing on the 25th. None will be sold on 17 and 19 Nov.

The BX here at Tinker AFB is doing the same thing. They are taking names for a lottery drawing to be held next Saturday. You don't have to be present at the draw to win as they will call to notify if you win and you have 7 days to purchase the system.

I am soooo disappointed!!! I don't think I'll be going at all this year.......... Baskets at 50% off you got to be Kidding me

!!!!!!!!

What a marketing strategy.........Drive the last few loyal customers away with crappy "deals"....... I am ticked off....!!!

Kandy?! Walmart or K-mart?.........lol

actaully my mom wants the laptop..so I may go bare it for the laptop then head to Wally world..... (Ill keep the rebates :eyepoppin LoL) do you know what time they are going to open the doors, was it 4 or 5 last year I dont remember.

For anyone interested, aafes.com has their flyers now:

WEEK 76 Friday After (November 24th) wk76.pdf

WEEK 77 Saturday After (November 25th) wk77.pdf

WEEK 78 Sunday After (November 26th) wk78.pdf

WEEK 48 SALE FLYER (Nov. 24th - Nov. 30th) wk48.pdf

I hate to break it as it's not really fair that everyone can't shop there, but the NEX will have the 37" Westinghouse monitor (LVM-37W3) for $799 all weekend. I'd say that isn't a bad deal for a tv that on average ranges from $999 to $1600. Had I not just gotten a killer deal on an openbox at best buy that would be my #1 door prize for my christmas party.

i never heard of this brand but my aafes sales paper says this brand is specifically for the military. there's no infromation on the internet about the Sabre company.

I stopped by the Andrews AFB BX this afternoon and their Sabre products were being pulled out of the box for their Black Friday display. There is a URL on the back of the 42" monitor for the company which is http://sabrece.com. There's no indication who is the real manufacturer but this looks to be the new "electronics house brand" for AAFES. The tag on the back of the monitor also says "Made In Korea".