OFFICEMAX Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

Official OfficeMax Black Friday Discussion Thread

Posted Image

Click here to go to the web site for OfficeMax.
Click here to find the OfficeMax nearest you.

This thread is for all discussion directly related to the Black Friday ad for OfficeMax. It is also for the discussion of OfficeMax store policies, store hours, and any other store-related topics. Links to the Black Friday ad for OfficeMax will be added to this thread when it has been released.

---

AD POSTED! SEE HERE: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=52885

• 1 month later...

No more MIR's, so I wonder how good their doorbusters will be. In the past, their best sales involved MIRs. I usually stop here because they are right next to my local Best Buy.

Yeah, OM BF 2005 was just like their regular sales. http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Indifferent/rolleyes1.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I was always a fan of office max, but I havn't bought much there since they did away with MIR a year ago. I liked getting stuff free, but i agree that bf 2005 was a dud. I drove by after visiting best buy last year maybe 5:30am...nobody was in line for their 6:00 open. I didn't even go.

• 2 weeks later...

2gb Flash drive is a good deal. I am also lookin and thinkin about that $70 laser printer. I need a new printer.

And that one has pretty decent reviews:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Brother_HL_2040/4505-3159_7-31256902.html

Just remember that it is going to have a "starter" toner cartridge in the box. :rolleyes: You'll need a regular toner cartridge before long. That is the case with virtually ALL printers out there though.

i was wondering about people's thoughts on the $24 wireless router. Is that a good price for a wireless router? Or can I find a similar price anytime?

Wireless G Routers over at Newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Category=41&N=2050410145+1132809980+4025&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=145

Newegg has a TRENDnet Wireless G router for $17.99 after rebate...

It looks like it says at the top of the ad that Online shopping for the sale starts at 12:01 am Thanksgiving day. I wonder if that's for all items or just for the online only printer they've got. If it is for everything, I'll buy some cheap SD cards in my Pajamas when I put the turkey in the oven Thursday morning.

Some of the lower priced items were regularly "free with rebate" before OM did away with MIR's. I bought two "free" OM Computer Tool Kits in the past but I'd still recommend them @ $3.99 because they're a good basic kit. The Surge Protectors @ $3.99 you can probably find cheaper w/ MIR's at Staples, OD, CC or BB, on BF or other times during the year. I've bought Webroot Spy Sweeper three different times for "free" with rebates although you usually need an "upgrade" rebate to get it it for free. The Sandisk 2 GB SD card is a good buy though, at $12.99. The last one we got was $29.99 w/ rebate. It can be a hassle to use MIR's (other than at Staples & CompUSA where their system are great!) but getting items for "free" is a good incentive. Our OM shopping really dropped off when they discontinued MIR's.

good price on the laptop too!

The LCD TV says in store only, does that mean everything else will be available online? :gdlicklips:

Its very hard to read, but the ad says items are available at the sale price at 12:01am Thanksgiving Day. Its in white print at the top of the first page.

• 2 weeks later...
I belong to the MaxPerks for Teachers and they just sent me a 15% off total purchase card good until 12-1. If you know any teachers that are signed up, they may give you the card. The enrollment into the program took about 3 weeks so I don't think you'll have time to enroll and get the card for BF.